Wilfork EXTENSION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Re: Wilfork EXTENSION

In Response to Re: Wilfork EXTENSION:
    In Response to Re: Wilfork EXTENSION : Go away troll. And have a nice wet dream tonight of happy you would be if your team had the Pats success.
    Posted by GrantW

GrantW, Sorry but I have been a Pats fan for quite sometime (born and raised in Ma) so no troll here. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

It was great to see that Wilfork got a long-term deal.  The Pats needed him worse than any other player on that defense.  Peppers is too invisible in some games, not what the Pats need.  Dansby covers and tackles, but doesn't pressure the QB.. I believe Mayo does both of those just fine.  Pats need pressure now.  But for all of those cry-babies who are screaming for a big-name signing.. think of it this way.... Pats went out and signed the best NT in the NFL to the highest contract for a NT.  Sure, they had him already locked up for a year, but they could've been stiffs and not messed with it. But they didn't, they kept up talks and got it done!!
    Posted by jasonh86

jasonh86, finally some people with a brain.  couldn't have said it better myself.  Been screaming those exact words all day at the panic button pushers because we didn't sign a free agent in the first 20hrs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

A+ move

This will keep the D-line anchored for years to come and a happy big Vince is great for the locker room.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork EXTENSION : You obviously didn't watch the Ravens game.  So your saying I'm wrong and he's more then a 2 down back?  Seem like your the one without a clue.  Can you actually back your shot up with any actual facts.  Then again why should you start using facts now.
    Posted by Tcal2

Not to pick on you tcal, i usually find you funny and I'm not jumping for joy that the pats are signing all these players that made us mediocore last year. Wilfork usually stays in a whole lot of the game and two years ago I thought they were using him way to much. The Ravens game your referring to should not  even be considered; he was playing with a bad ankle that he missed the previous three games with and the injury and rust showed. When healthy (and he usually is) he is an absolute rock in the middle. For a guy that is so heavy he actually gets some pressure up the middle, if he lost 25lbs he could get alot more.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Glad they brought back Vince! -Now, let's see about Bodden & K. Faulk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Exactly MattyMC! 

If I am buying tickets to Patriots games, I have every right to complain about their offseason moves (or praise).
    Posted by mattymc727

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Ok I'm an idiot if being an idiot is someone that has a different opinion than you. I have mine you have yours, but remember I didn't need to get down to your level to prove my point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork EXTENSION : Not to pick on you tcal, i usually find you funny and I'm not jumping for joy that the pats are signing all these players that made us mediocore last year. Wilfork usually stays in a whole lot of the game and two years ago I thought they were using him way to much. The Ravens game your referring to should not  even be considered; he was playing with a bad ankle that he missed the previous three games with and the injury and rust showed. When healthy (and he usually is) he is an absolute rock in the middle. For a guy that is so heavy he actually gets some pressure up the middle, if he lost 25lbs he could get alot more.  
    Posted by mthurl

That's fair mthurl,  I'm not a fan of his and you probably noticed I'm not afraid to swim against the current.  I respect your opinion.  Hopefully we hit it big in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Now your the idiot GrantW, I believe Wilfork to be a great player, my stop gap comment was about Branch and Patton being discussed. So maybe you should next time ask what a person was talking about before making yourself look stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm sorry, this is the SAME Wilfork that is playing with the SAME people who couldn't stop Manning for the last couple of years.  Heck, Bodden was the best thing on the team last year.  I would have preferred if they traded him for picks or players and went with a 4-3.  Last time I checked, we weren't that good WITH him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Good news from NE, now lock up Mankins and Bodden. Get Brady a WR and close the bank until April. Fix the other holes through the draft (i.e. OLB, RE, OT, TE) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

very happy for VW....im glad he got paid after signing that sucker rookie contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm sorry, this is the SAME Wilfork that is playing with the SAME people who couldn't stop Manning for the last couple of years.  Heck, Bodden was the best thing on the team last year.  I would have preferred if they traded him for picks or players and went with a 4-3.  Last time I checked, we weren't that good WITH him.
    Posted by Davedsone

I agree they probrably should have traded him and went to the 43. In my opinion they don't have the pieces to run the 34 anymore. And I have nothing against Wilfork, he's a very good player, when they drafted him I did back flips, but what are they going to do? They really aren't equiped to run the 43 either and there isn't alot out there in the free agent market this year. At least they spent the money on a  known commoditity that is a pretty damn good player. Maybe they get lucky in the draft, lord knows Pioli's last 4 drafts here left the team bare. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Wilfork signing is good news. Statistically speaking the defense was pretty darn good last year; 5th least points allowed and 11th least yards allowed. They just couldn't make the crucial stop when they had to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

VW better step up to the plate now and bring that defense some leadership with the money he just got

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wow I'm amazed at some of the babies on these threads who can't appreciate the significance of signing both Wilfork and Banta Cain and must feel sorry for themselves that we didn't sign a huge overrated free agent too. Some folks need to grow up a little bit. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I am surprised VW got such a large deal but i guess with an uncapped year someone else would of offered double of what the Pats brass did. Good move, and tcal big V had a bad playoff game i agree BUT so did everyone else, i guess all 53 guys should be canned and the coach too.

I bet Moss is pissed about his contract right now LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymc727. Show mattymc727's posts

Exactly MattyMC!  In Response to Re: Wilfork EXTENSION :
    Posted by NOISE

I know! if a politician is doing a bad job to fix something then we have every right to complain(if you voted). If the front office of my favorite organizaion is doing a bad job of fixing problems then I get to complain also. Its not a bandwagon fan, if anything, someone complaining about the front office is a concerned fan who's comments should be taken seriously because they are buying tickets,jerseys, products that make this organization run. Okay, now that I have vented after a few beers I can go to bed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

The timing of this move is interesting. If the Patriots did actually tender an offer to Julius Peppers before he signed with the Bears, why wait until that issue is resolved to make your move on Wilfork? I'm happy the deal got done as Vince is one of the best at his position and for the duration of his negotiation with management he kept it professional.
    We still have glaring needs and Peppers going elsewhere is a disappointment. I'm very curious to see how we address our pass rush and other concerns during this FA period and the draft.
    One final note - from a player's standpoint do you jump at the potential of winning a ring with us or take the money and run. We operate under the former mindset - what level of talent is that going to get us?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

How spoiled are some fans that the 5th ranked defense in points allowed resigns it's best player (by far, not even close) and they somehow try to spin that into a negative.  I don't know whether to laugh or truly feel bad for these people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

How spoiled are some fans that the 5th ranked defense in points allowed resigns it's best player (by far, not even close) and they somehow try to spin that into a negative.  I don't know whether to laugh or truly feel bad for these people.
    Posted by pyegian

Were you watching Baltimore stomp all over that 5th ranked defense in their own house right from the first play? Pats need to improve significantly on D to be considered an elite team again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Was the Baltimore game an aberration or a microcosm of the season? That's open for debate. NE has had bad playoff games before.

All teams have holes. We may never again see the dominant teams of 2003 and 2004 or even 2007. But the Pats are set up to be competitive for years to come. For me that is enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Posted by pyegian

Note to all Elementary, Jr. High school and any poster under 21.  Adults laugh at you when you use words like spoiled, bandwagon, baby and pink hat.  It really shows your age (Juvenal) and position on the social ladder (Bottom).  So try to act a little more grown up when around adults, make your Mommy's and Daddy's proud.  Your opinions are not the only one's and they are only right in your own heads.  It's something you will all learn when you grow up and are working at McDonald's.

By the way this Defense hasn't made a big stop since 2004.  So to pull the most meaningless of all defensive stats is rather interesting (must be because it a low number?).

Heres coaches words:

"Stats are for losers," Belichick said. "The final score is for winners."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

If the Pats lose Wilfork, playing the 3-4 becomes almost impossible, which means that the situational game planning that Belichick likes to do is kaput.  For those of you whining the the Pats *only* re-signed Wilfork, I think you are underestimating just how important a move that was.  Some of you guys complaining about the Wilfork deal are probably the same guys who start those "trade Brady" threads.  It makes sense to lock up your most important defensive guy, and I hope they can get Brady locked up next.  

This team is rebuilding on the fly, and without a QB or NT, the job is that much more difficult.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Best off season move the Patriots could have made was to resign Vince. Super investment, he's a once in a decade type of player at his position. 

The truth is Peppers moved past his prime two years ago. He's more hype and legend now than impact player. He's still very good, he's just not outstanding anymore. Vince is outstanding with a lot of gas left in the tank.

Sections
Shortcuts