Wilfork Fined 10K.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Wilfork Fined 10K.

The flags don't really bother me so much. Officials are bending over backwards to remind players that they are not allowed to tackle the quarterback -- and making knee-jerk calls in the heat of battle -- and players simply have to get down with that.

But when the league flunkies are looking at film, slowed down and from various angles and still handing out fines for marginal incidental contact that the offensive players are causing -- and this particular play is not nearly the worst example of this phenomenon -- it tells me that the league is handing out arbitrary fines in order to pretend that it actually has the players' health and best interests in mind . . .  when in fact, what it wants is to extend the season at the very expense of the thing it is pretending to try to protect.

True fans of NFL football have every right -- in fact should actually be compelled -- to be furious with Roger Goodell.

He is the very worst kind of fraud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

VW should appeal this one.  It was a bad call and the penalty was worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Robert Kraft should pay this one. That is the most unwarranted fine i've ever seen. Good thing the penalty didn't cost us cuz that was garbage!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Goodell should be burned at the stake!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I agree to the earlier post.  Fine, no pun intended, the NFL wants to protect the players....again I'm fine with that. We all know it when we see it ....when they lead with the helmet, or pull stuff like what occurred to Welker this year against the Jets and two years ago against the Steelers.  Those instances are clearly   (1) Penalties, with and an intent and after further review a $$ fine is appropriate. 

My problem is in Wilfork's situation, the guy makes a sack and it's hardly helmet first, but again I'm ok with the flag.  But when they review ..... it should only incurr a $$ fine if intent is flagrant.  I know I know define flagrant, you know it when you see it. The NFL should have simply said the flag was enough in this case and save the graded fines for the severe cases.  

What next .... two guys jump for a pass and bump heads....$10K!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'm absolutley NOT OK with the flag. That was one of the most BOGUS penalties i've ever seen. Barely, and i mean barely any contact and well after the fact. Shameful call by the ref!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The only explanation that makes sense is from PMIke. The league is using this as a bargaining chip because players must hate this more than we do. What they aren't taking into account is the goodwill Goodell is killing by mocking our intelligence. These fines are obviously b s. 

I support the union in any cause against this nitwit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What a bogus call...  Helmets never touched on the tackle until the both fell to the ground, at the worse.  That sack was text book perfect.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Henne should have been the one fined.  Looked like Wilfork made a very good effort to not go helmet to helmet until Henne lowered his head.  Crap call!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Goodell should be fined for impersonating a football commissioner. This hit wasn't a penalty! Then to fined on top of it......totally absurd.