Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D

test

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D:
    [QUOTE]"I hate to lose. I don't care if it's a spitting contest. If it's something you can win, I want to win it." Vince Wilfork http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=44085&pcid=41
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't worry about Vince, that's for sure. Even when he's hurt he still kicks buttt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D : Yeah, I don't worry about Vince, that's for sure. Even when he's hurt he still kicks buttt
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I think his read on G Warren (Hello of a guy) is strong and how he (Wilfork) feels we can get on with out T Warren. (even though he will be missed.)

Very strong on Spikes and Burgess coming back..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D:
    [QUOTE]test
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Test worked, you are coming thru game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D : Yeah, I don't worry about Vince, that's for sure. Even when he's hurt he still kicks buttt
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

He didn't look too good against Baltimore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D : He didn't look too good against Baltimore.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Everyone suc--- against baltimore

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D : Everyone suc--- against baltimore
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

No mention of Brace. Hmmmm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I just don't get people's love affair with Wilfork.  He's good, maybe very good, but he's not dominant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Trying your hardest is good enough for me.  I really don't care how good our players are so long as they look like they're trying.

My point with Wilfork is that people act like having him in there automatically clogs up the middle against any run and it just isn't true.  He's been pancaked for touchdowns in important games.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If you think Wilfork is a problem on this team then I'd say that you're just looking for warts.  The guy plays hurt and is a max effort guy.  Even if you say he's "only" a very good player and not dominant, the team could do a lot worse than to have a few Wilfork clones on the field.  The guy played through his contract and pretty much shut his mouth while playing hurt.  There was no Seymour, a hurt Warren and some pretty average guys on the D-line last year, so there's really not telling how porous that D would've ben without VW doing his job and taking on 2+ blockers per play. 

Look elsewhere if you must criticize.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

You can Bet anywhere Vince Plays that area will be protected He is the Best at what he does.
    Who will be filling in for Willfork spot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Careful mighty.

Tony Dungy might be reading these posts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah man f*ck you.
    Hey, you take that back!Innocent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't get people's love affair with Wilfork.  He's good, maybe very good, but he's not dominant.

there are times i feel the same way and I usulaly will give undying support for any 'Canes NFler. but sometimes big vince can get bested

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Careful mighty. Tony Dungy might be reading these posts.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Apparently he does.  Tongue out

Yeah so cables I got nothing against Wilfork, he seems like a good guy and plays well, sometimes there is just the impression on this board that he is an invincible run stopper and I'm just trying to say that he got pancaked on the Colts go ahead TD in the 2006 AFCCG and on the Ravens first play last January ... I'm attacking the perception of him not him, even though in doing so I am pointing out his faults ... sorry big Vince.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No player succeeds 100% of the time. I don't think anyone is trying to say that when they say he is dominant. Fork is one of the best few lineman in the game. I think that we can categorize that as dominant. The best? Not likely. But then that is even debatable.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well to me dominant means you don't get pancaked on 3rd and goal when the super bowl is on the line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Mighty, I have seen him get beat and I have seen him come up big on a key play.(More often come up big) So I would put him the same place I put TB, BB and the rest of the NFL, sometime he wins and some times he loses.(Like TB and BB, he wins more than loses) 

For me, Wilfork has been a key reason the center of the defense has held. Not perfect, but a strong center of the line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I thought our superbowl scapegoat was Ellis Hobbs?  Was he playing the D-line that day? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

2006 AFCCG, Colts go ahead TD.  Saturday blew him off the line. 

I agree with gmbill's take on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't get people's love affair with Wilfork.  He's good, maybe very good, but he's not dominant.

He's like Santa Claus, big, tubby and jolly.  That and he loves being a Patriot.  What's not to like?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Russ - we were up by 4 points on 3rd and goal with a minute to go with 2 time outs.  It makes no sense to let the Colts score a TD.  The rest of the D line and backers swarmed to the line.  Wilfork simply got beat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Sorry, we were up by 3.  Still makes no sense to let them score a TD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]Well to me dominant means you don't get pancaked on 3rd and goal when the super bowl is on the line.

That's crazy. Just because he got beat on one play, he's not dominant? I'm not saying he is or he isn't. But expecting him to never get beaten is just ridiculous.

Barry Sanders (the best football player I've seen in my lifetime) got lit on several ocassions. Everybody in the league (even the best) gets embarassed from time to time. Wilfork getting pancacked on one play is hardly an indication of his talent anymore than the diving game winning catch against the Saints means that Bethel Johnson is a Hall of Famer.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are doing it poorly. People are judging Vince based on his body of work over the last couple of years- which is how it should be done. Not against a handful of plays. Or even worse, one play.

One play means nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts