Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Wilfork: Great read on his take on replacing Warren and development of D

Russ it was 3rd down.  You stop Indy and call a timeout, it is 4th down.  Even if the Colts go for it on 4th down instead of taking a field goal, you still have one time out and exactly the same amount of time left on the clock whether they convert or not. 

You really think BB thought having an extra time out was more valuable than 4 points?

Wilfork did get pancaked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spXpM0mOA5k&feature=search

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

+1 for Mighty. (thx for the link)
    He obviously got pancaked.
    Actually I do not agree that one play does not make a player: ask David Tyree... Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Russ if you pause the video before the snap you can see 3 down linemen plus 4 linebackers and a safety all close to the line of scrimmage.  They all charge the line at the snap and actually get excellent containment on the outside but the inside collapses because Wilfork gets pancaked and the linebacker to his right gets sealed.  Sanders comes rushing in to fill the gap but is a split second late.

But anyway please explain the coaching rationale for why a timeout is worth more than 4 points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have to agree with respect to the score being the result of effective blocking - not a lay-down and I replayed the video 5 times.  No question Big Vince got p/c-ed.  Still think he's one of the best around though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

You boys are awfully nit-picky this early.

Let's leave the lint for week three....

Sections
Shortcuts