Wilfork has not lost anything

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Wilfork has not lost anything

Great News!!! According to Eagles center Vince Wilfork is as explosive as ever and is a wily veteran that uses every trick in the book

Both Reiss and PFT reporting this.... Yahoooooo!

No more running up the middle on the Pats....

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Wilfork has not lost anything

I hope this translates to the regular season games.  A healthy Wilfork and Tommy Kelly will greatly improve the interior line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Bustchise and other trolls claimed vince will never be the same while i said never bet against the best dt in the game.

Congrats to vince.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great News!!! According to Eagles center Vince Wilfork is as explosive as ever and is a wily veteran that uses every trick in the book

Both Reiss and PFT reporting this.... Yahoooooo!

No more running up the middle on the Pats....

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

Vince looks good. Seems lighter weight, and moving pretty freely. From what I have seen so far, he is still being wisely managed. I think we see the usual Vince, but not as much as we usually do, especially the first quarter of the season. Smart managing by the Pats

Kelley looks good physically, but is being managed more so than Vince. Would not surprise me if Kelley is playing 10-15 snaps the first couple of weeks while he gets back to usual.

From what I did see in the practices attended, Siligia looked really, really good. Dare I say a young Vince against the run (he does not have Vince's pass rush ability). Sill is really strong, and so hard to move. I thought he was challenging for major snaps at the DT position.

I dont have a read on Easley obviously, but seeing him on the sidelines, I cant help but think he is really small to play DT in the NFL.

I think given health all around, Vellano is #6 in a 5 man rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Easley will play as much de as dt.  Bb will move him all around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not knowing much about Achilles injuries, is there a likelihood of them re-rupturing or are they pretty much golden after they heal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

probably a question for Dr Rusty-know-it-all

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing quite like an unprovoked comment to ruin another thread.....great job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I tried to tell you that it's really him, not me. Note how angry he is for being Mr. Sky Is Falling with Wilfork's future as a player with this good news.

I am shocked you were accurate and honest for once at the same time. Good on you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah, the guiy has been baiting me all week, even though I have him on ignore. he even makes comments on my wife.

unprovoked? hardly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^Confirming your wife is a mod per MellyMel is not anything offensive or inappropriate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

nah, the guiy has been baiting me all week, even though I have him on ignore. he even makes comments on my wife.

unprovoked? hardly.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can catch up to him at recess and get revenge at the jungle gym.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

. . . except weight 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Even when Rkarp has Rusty on ignore, he can't ignore him.  Good grief.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not knowing much about Achilles injuries, is there a likelihood of them re-rupturing or are they pretty much golden after they heal.

[/QUOTE]

The pundits gave zero chance of Vince coming back.  Apparently a bad Achilles will re-rupture. In particular, one pundit pointed out that defensive tackles run an incredible amount of force through their Achilles tendons because they have to push off against double teams.  Other players can come back, but not defensive tackles.

Obviously Vince is on the field, and he's not waiting for the regular season either.  He's out there playing zero technique now.  If I were an opponent in September I'd be game-planning for Wilfork. 

As a concession to his Achilles injury he's down to 325 pounds, where he used to be north of 350. 

My best guess is that he still has a chance of re-rupture at any time in the season, but the rehab coaches and doctors did a bang-up job on his ankle.

Vince won't wear down opposing centers as much, being down to 325 and less of a forward-moving load.  Perhaps he won't be on the field 100% of the time this year because with his new svelte Gisele Bundchen look he'll wear down just a bit more per snap.  He's still the team's veteran with X thousands of snaps to his credit, so a number of running plays aren't going more than one or two yards.  If you're the opponent you still want to double team him, and even then you might not get that much yardage up the middle.  Kelly, Siliga and Hightower aren't exactly easy marks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

unprovoked? hardly.

[/QUOTE]

You guys should just take a nice fishing trip together and bait each other's hook.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The pundits gave zero chance of Vince coming back.  Apparently a bad Achilles will re-rupture. In particular, one pundit pointed out that defensive tackles run an incredible amount of force through their Achilles tendons because they have to push off against double teams.  Other players can come back, but not defensive tackles.

Obviously Vince is on the field, and he's not waiting for the regular season either.  He's out there playing zero technique now.  If I were an opponent in September I'd be game-planning for Wilfork. 

As a concession to his Achilles injury he's down to 325 pounds, where he used to be north of 350. 

My best guess is that he still has a chance of re-rupture at any time in the season, but the rehab coaches and doctors did a bang-up job on his ankle.

Vince won't wear down opposing centers as much, being down to 325 and less of a forward-moving load.  Perhaps he won't be on the field 100% of the time this year because with his new svelte Gisele Bundchen look he'll wear down just a bit more per snap.  He's still the team's veteran with X thousands of snaps to his credit, so a number of running plays aren't going more than one or two yards.  If you're the opponent you still want to double team him, and even then you might not get that much yardage up the middle.  Kelly, Siliga and Hightower aren't exactly easy marks.

[/QUOTE]

He's playing "zero technique"? Not according to the Eagles Center, Kelce. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Vince looked pretty good in limited reps against Washington, which is great news. Vince is key, he is that one guy you have to have. I didn't think Kelly looked as good as Vince, but if he can come back healthy, that too would be huge. I thought Will Smith looked like a guy who could help at end with his size and strength. Easley is small, so it will be interesting to find if that can be hidden playing next to one of these big guys. I don't think Easley will be playing end, I think he is a totally different player out there, and I don't mean that in a good way...will he play there? Belichick will move him around, but I just don't think he will be any good there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Paul

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even when Rkarp has Rusty on ignore, he can't ignore him.  Good grief.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is OTHER people who respond to Rusty.  When someone reads THEIR posts, and those people have not snipped Rusty's quotes, then they can be seen.  However, it only takes a little discipline to ONLY read what is AFTER the last [/QUOTE] to never see anything that Rusty writes.  That, at least is what I do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    He's playing "zero technique"? Not according to the Eagles Center, Kelce. 

[/QUOTE]
    Interesting.  A swim move is a one-technique.  We could be seeing an evolution from two-gap to one-gap coverage.  Wilfork can still swim through but, without his baby fat, perhaps he's not as good anchoring against the double team.  Easley can knife through like crazy. 

We might be seeing a transition toward the Pats getting after the quarterback up the middle.  BB prefers to take away the space in front of the QB, where the QB can step into a throw.  Take away that room and the passer loses throwing velocity without that step, he has to throw with an odd motion, his passing lanes shrink, he has to throw rainbows over the defenders' outstretched fingertips and sometimes he can't see precisely where he's throwing.  Also, sometimes the big guys get home. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]
    Seriously, I am getting tired of people tooting their own horns while discrediting everyone else. I am sure BB would be so proud of that type of character. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

unprovoked? hardly.

[/QUOTE]

Havent seen any comments about your wife? If so that's below the belt. How do you know he is " baiting" you, if you have him on ignore? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

unprovoked? hardly.

[/QUOTE]

Havent seen any comments about your wife? If so that's below the belt. How do you know he is " baiting" you, if you have him on ignore? 

[/QUOTE]

I didn't.  He's referring to me saying that his wife is a mod.  That's it.

I am also not baiting him at all. I absolutely refuse to watch him troll and ruin discussions with things like "Develin is expendable".