Wilfork-Haynesworth Showcase

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RantinRaven. Show RantinRaven's posts

Wilfork-Haynesworth Showcase

I’m surprised the sports media isn’t making any noise (although this is only a preseason game) about who is the better defensive tackle, Haynesworth or Wilfork, especially with Big Vince wanting a lucrative contract.  Read the article below on how Haynesworth “dominated the middle of the line” during the Steelers game and it’ll be interesting to see how Brady adapts his throwing game.   Picked up some great seats for the game and just hope TS Danny doesn’t mess up the field conditions.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-redskins-haynesworth-082aug27,0,7811801.story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Wilfork-Haynesworth Showcase

I thought Zorn's comment about how "Albert will have an impact" was telling.

He certainly will, Jim. His bloated salary will have an "impact" on the Redskins for years to come, severely hamstringing management's ability to build a "team" around "him."

Of course, none of that should matter to you, as you will surely be fired before the end of this season . . .   if you haven't already been fired by the time I finish typing this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Snyder is the King of bloated contracts. I am curious to see how the Pats OL handles Haynesworth, though. And as stated on an earlier thread I want the run D to step up against Portis and Betts (and that obviously involves Fork).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

ha, funny post. i feel bad for redskins fans. that team is such a mess. and if there was ever a player who seemed likely to dog it after signing a huge contract, its fat albert. i bet that guy misses 8 games this year.

In Response to Re: Wilfork-Haynesworth Showcase:
    [QUOTE]I thought Zorn's comment about how "Albert will have an impact" was telling. He certainly will, Jim. His bloated salary will have an "impact" on the Redskins for years to come, severely hamstringing management's ability to build a "team" around "him." Of course, none of that should matter to you, as you will surely be fired before the end of this season . . .   if you haven't already been fired by the time I finish typing this.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork-Haynesworth Showcase:
    [QUOTE]I thought Zorn's comment about how "Albert will have an impact" was telling. He certainly will, Jim. His bloated salary will have an "impact" on the Redskins for years to come, severely hamstringing management's ability to build a "team" around "him." Of course, none of that should matter to you, as you will surely be fired before the end of this season . . .   if you haven't already been fired by the time I finish typing this.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Hilarious, Snyder has exemplified the way not to build a team. Bring in too many top dollar vets. Trade away all your draft picks every year for guys that other teams drafted and didnt have to pay max contracts to. Do not worry about things like Chemistry which can take a few years of guys coming up together not 5 new free agents or trades every year. I think that is why we had to put up almost 60 points on them in 07. Just because!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Two very different players, one is the best NT in football and the other is the best DT in football. One gets after the passer and one holds teh line of scrimige. very different guys. Haynsworth couldnt play in a Pats defense. He does have enough between the ears.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RantinRaven. Show RantinRaven's posts

When I first wrote the post, I almost put down who is the better nose tackle, then I changed it to DT.   I just saw on a Redskin's blog earlier in the year comments whether the Redskins should move Haynesworth to NT and go to a 3-4. Bottom line was they didn't think they had the linebackers to be effective.  Hmmm that sounds familiar with us this year.   Since we're probably not going to see the Redskins in a 3-4, but we are going to see the Pats in a 4-3, let's see who's more effective as a DT?  If Vince can effectively play both positions (and I think he can and will), this just makes his price tag go up even more.

My Redskins friends say the comments from this discussion are killing them :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We will switch back and forth between the 3-4 and the 4-3 but ultimutly I think we are a 3-4 defense. People have really jumped on the 4-3 bandwagon this offseasn but we will be a base 3-4 defense and depending on te match up we will switch to a 4-3. But Wilfork is deffently a NT