Wilfork is LOVING the draft picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Wilfork is LOVING the draft picks

@mrs75 Riding in car with @wilfork75 he is very excited about spikes pick been talking about him all day. @wilfork75 says this guy is a play maker

@mrs75 @wilfork75 says he's got the attitude to play this game great pick haha damn he's happy.

BTW all of the @ holes that have been posting here the last 24 hours can GFY! You know NOTHING about football, go crawl back into your holes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Wilfork is LOVING the draft picks

He wanted good locker room guys, he's got them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wilfork is completely correct...  This team is just loading up on fierce as he!! competitors with ALL those other great intangibles, AND Belichick is NOT selling the "Physical-Athlete" aspect, Short in this process.  IF this draft ended at this exact moment, I'd have already liked & agreed with the target selection process of WHO and WHAT Belichick wants-1000 X more than I had when watching the past 6 or even more NFL Patriot Drafts...  For 5-6 years I was disgusted (honestly)-with the vast great majority of BB's selections...  2010=I AM PSYCHED! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Wilfork, not Bianca just tweeted

@wilfork75 i expect big things from spikes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Not as much as the buffet at Sizzler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I'd rather have players like McCourty and Spikes that love the game and give 100% versus someone like Dez Bryant that can't remember his cleats."

Lol...no kiddin' huh.  Pretty sad- Dez Bryant=.0000001% perhaps the greater physical talent than the guys Belichick is selecting...  Dez Bryant (or Kindle, or Gresham, or Wooten)=players who show 99.999999% less caring and any passion at all about actually playing the game of Football...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Spikes is game fast I am so tired of people talking combine numbers last time I checked people dont run around cones or do 40 yard dashes out of pads durring a game!

Give me a bunch of solid character, smart, Football players and I give you the next New England Patriot Championship team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

EVERYONE WHO WAS CRYING FOR THE PATS TO GET BACK TO THE TOUGHNESS OF A FEW YEARS AGO,YOU GOT IT IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT AND ITS ONLY THROUGH 3 ROUNDS.EVERYONE THEY SELECTED IS JUST THAT,A TOUGH FOOTBALL PLAYER AND WITH MUCH BETTER PHYSICAL SKILLS THAN MANY ARE GIVING THEM CREDIT FOR HAVING,ESPECIALLY MCCOURTY AND BOTH FLORIDA LBER'S(MOST KNEW THAT THE TE WAS A BIG TIME TALENT,EVEN THE MORE CASUAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL FAN).THUS FAR,THIS DRAFT HAS BEEN HAS BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL AS YOU CAN LOOK FOR ALL OF THESE YOUNG MEN TO WORK AS HARD AS NECESSARY TO REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIA,A HARD TO FIND TRAIT IN ANY FIELD OF ENDEAVOR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Good. maybe Baltimore won't rush for 230 yards in the next playoff game (at home).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

everyone keeps saying Guyton is going to move to OLB, if anyone is going to OLB it is MacKenzie as he played strong side OLB in a 4-3 system and weakside ILB in a 3-4 system...

I saw Guyton play OLB once in 2008 and that was enough for me

I like the mix of LBer's

Mayo, Spikes, Mackenzie, Guyton (middle)

Guyton, Mayo (nickle LB's)

Spikes, Mackenzie (goal Line)

Woods, Crable, Nikovich, Cunningham, Banta Cain (olb/de hybrids)

Guyton (roving OLB)

Mackenzie (43 strong side OLB)

The only thing missin is the sack artest, but it could be Crable who knows

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree and i get frustrated when people suggest random positional changes that never would work. They put Guyton at OLB against the Seahawks in 2008 and it was an absolute joke. He was awful there. 

Mackenzie hasn't played but I'm pretty sure he's an ILB, not an OLB. If you look at his measurables he's a better fit at an inside position. 

Crable=cut. I'm sorry, the guy is either too fragile, too much of a wuss, or not a hard enough worker to play in the NFL. You don't IR a guy for bruised shins if you think he has great potential.

In Response to Re: Wilfork is LOVING the draft picks:
    everyone keeps saying Guyton is going to move to OLB, if anyone is going to OLB it is MacKenzie as he played strong side OLB in a 4-3 system and weakside ILB in a 3-4 system... I saw Guyton play OLB once in 2008 and that was enough for me I like the mix of LBer's Mayo, Spikes, Mackenzie, Guyton (middle) Guyton, Mayo (nickle LB's) Spikes, Mackenzie (goal Line) Woods, Crable, Nikovich, Cunningham, Banta Cain (olb/de hybrids) Guyton (roving OLB) Mackenzie (43 strong side OLB) The only thing missin is the sack artest, but it could be Crable who knows
    Posted by tagandtrade

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I agree and i get frustrated when people suggest random positional changes that never would work. They put Guyton at OLB against the Seahawks in 2008 and it was an absolute joke. He was awful there.  Mackenzie hasn't played but I'm pretty sure he's an ILB, not an OLB. If you look at his measurables he's a better fit at an inside position.  Crable=cut. I'm sorry, the guy is either too fragile, too much of a wuss, or not a hard enough worker to play in the NFL. You don't IR a guy for bruised shins if you think he has great potential. In Response to Re: Wilfork is LOVING the draft picks :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Well, I was thinking they should put Wilfork in as a FB, and move Butler, Meriweather and Bodden to WR and run a 7 receiver set with Edelman as the QB.  But obviously my mind is far too advanced for the simpletons who coach in the NFL.  Either that, or I have no F'n clue what I'm talking about.....must be simpletons running the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm not a big fan of Twitter - it's like a whole webpage of Facebook statuses.

Also, it sounds strange.  I wouldn't want to see someone else's Twitter.  Sounds like a private part or a venereal disease.

"I got Twitter.  Wanna see?"

"Uhhhh no thank you. I'll be going now..."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree and i get frustrated when people suggest random positional changes that never would work. They put Guyton at OLB against the Seahawks in 2008 and it was an absolute joke. He was awful there.  
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

And despite that, BB randomly changed Guyton's position to OLB at least three times last year (Buffalo, Jets, Miami).  I hate when BB does those random positional changes that would never work . . . he's just an idiot of a coach, isn't he?

Really, the problem with Guyton (and probably why he didn't get drafted) is that he's not a perfect fit for any of the linebacker positions, but he's versatile enough to play most of them.  Here's what BB said about him:

He is a smart kid. I think he may have gotten caught a little bit in the middle there between, Is he a 4-3 middle linebacker? Is he a 4-3 outside linebacker? Is he a 3-4 outside linebacker? Is he big enough to be a 3-4 inside linebacker?' He kind of has a little bit of everything but I don't know if he is the prototype in terms of size, speed and all of that for any of those positions. But he seems to do well enough to play elements of all of them.

My sense is Guyton is best suited to OLB in a 4-3 (he's small for an OLB in a 3-4 and maybe not a strong enough pass rusher).  I don't think he's really ideal against the run, which makes him maybe less attractive at ILB than Spikes and Mayo, though his pass coverage skills make him a good fit at ILB on third down.  They may use him to replace Spikes on 3rd down or they might experiment with him more at OLB.  He's got pretty good coverage skills and he's fast, so I can see him out in space.  The big disadvantage to moving him to OLB, though, is he may not get us the kind of pass rush we want from the outside, especially if he's rushing against big tackles.

The fact that he played a bad game at outside linebacker in his rookie year, though, isn't enough to give up on him in that position for ever.  You've got to give him a chance to learn the position before you say he can't do it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

I'd rather have players like McCourty and Spikes that love the game and give 100% versus someone like Dez Bryant that can't remember his cleats.
    Posted by GrantW

Ridiculous, Bryant may turn out to be a great reciever. Forgetting his cleats was idiotic though but the Pats secondary got scorched last year and McCourty will help alot and his special teams ability could be real interesting

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree and i get frustrated when people suggest random positional changes that never would work. They put Guyton at OLB against the Seahawks in 2008 and it was an absolute joke. He was awful there.  Mackenzie hasn't played but I'm pretty sure he's an ILB, not an OLB. If you look at his measurables he's a better fit at an inside position.  Crable=cut. I'm sorry, the guy is either too fragile, too much of a wuss, or not a hard enough worker to play in the NFL. You don't IR a guy for bruised shins if you think he has great potential. In Response to Re: Wilfork is LOVING the draft picks :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

This is just an uninformed comment. You reference 1 game during his undrafted rookie season as the reason to not keep him at the position? As Prolate has said Guyton started the 09' season as a 2 down OLB. After the Buf game in which Mayo got hurt he started as a OLB in MIA but with the inability of others to play ILB he was moved inside. He is versitile enough to play inside and out but with McKenzie, Spikes, and Mayo he'll most likely move back out to OLB as a roamer moving inside every so often. Please try to read up on the abilities of a player and where they've played before making comments. I know that most people want to move everyone everywhere but this is one player that is actually built to play both position

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

This year wise its hard to project but if I had to go plain Bill I would say

TBC-Mayo-Spikes-Crable 

If Crable can stay healthy he would def put him over the likes of Ninkovich and Woods thats not even a question. The problem is if this guy is healthy or not. If he isnt this could be a bit of a problem. Because Cunningham will be a situational guy and will get more PT as the winter rolls along like they usually do and probably overtake TBC later on this year or next training camp in 2011. Anyone who watched Adalius plays last year knows this guy is a liability in all phases of the game and cannot be trusted. 

Guyton is a nickel LB who can play cover situations against guys like Leon Washington and those third down backs and make the sure fire tackle. Let me say this though about Guyton he came in here from day 1 and worked his tail off and played positions that doesnt suit him at all whether thats ILB when Mayo went down or OLB when the Pats had no one to rush the passer. My hat goes off to you Guyton.

McKenzie was an average player in college and to me the thing that sticks out to me and everyone else is his character. I love that but I really wonder what he can offer as that thumper like ILB. Because in all seriousness I think Spikes opening day this year would be better than him there.

To anyone who wants to be negative about the Spikes or Cunningham picks. 40 times are such a joke. No one is ever going to be running 40 yards down the field straight. Thats not how this game is played. Tedy and Ted Johnson if they were to run 40s or if you asked Tedy no way he would say anything in the 4s. Spikes and Cunningham is what you people want. Players who wanna play football and love this game and want to win.

Sections
Shortcuts