Wilfork or Welker, who's more important?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfantilltheend. Show Patsfantilltheend's posts

Wilfork or Welker, who's more important?

I was wondering which of these two players are more important to the Patriots team. Wilfork is one of the top 3 DT's in the league but Welker can move the chains every time he touches the ball. Tough choice. Your thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Re: Wilfork or Welker, who's more important?

Wilfork period! even though you cant replace Welker with the right play calling it can make a difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Wilfork. not even close.

wide receiver vs. anchor of the defense. when he and Warren return, teams wont be running at all on us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wilfork.

Both are top-notch players, but Edleman proved capable again to sub for Welker.  Not as good as Welker, mind you, but scary-close for a college QB-turned-receiver rookie.  This guy is a playmaker. 

We will really miss Welker in the post-season, but it is what it is and of all NFL teams this one is built to move on, as it will.

But who can replace Wilfork?  Nobody.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Agree, I hate hearing guys complain about millions of dollars, but he deserves it. He takes 10 times the punishment Welker takes and on every play. Constant double team by guys that weigh lbs 300-330lbs. I want to sign him, but thats alot of wear n tear to pay, what 40-50mill over 7yrs., really tough call. Ive had my eye on monster cody for about 3yrs. I think he'll be still around in the 20-25 spot. Man thats a tough call. I actually heard we were trying to trade him around the same time as Sey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I don't think the Pats can negotiate with a franchise players in-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Could you pick any positions that are more removed from each other to use for a comparrison?

Sections
Shortcuts