Wilfork: 'We owe them one'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Wilfork: 'We owe them one'

So much for sitting Brady. Wilfork goes on to talk about how sweet it is to sweep a division opponent. The Bills want it and we don't want to give it to them.

Should be a fun game. Will go four quarters, Pats clinch home field!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Wilfork: 'We owe them one'

Now that's the kind of smack talk I like to hear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Really tho , shouldnt they be less concerned with beating a meaningless team just because they beat us earlier. Its almost like "we are gonna smash the bills , how DARE they actually show up and beat us in week 2"

I think its actually pretty pathetic. Should you want to win?  Yes, but this game isnt the one to be going all out, and then get injured.

I dont like the teams priorities at this point. Why make it a week 17 slugfest??

These guys need to check themselves. We beat the crap out of a team for 10 years and never lose and now after one loss, we get all emotional about it?? 

Its our fault we lost, get over it and move on to the playoffs. Making a big deal out of this game is dumb. Just play ball

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Before you spazz on me, I know that B.B. wants to create a competitve atmosphere heading into postseason, I get that.

What did home field advantage get us last year?  Nothing, partly because Brady had a bad foot and was a sitting duck back there. 

So we are risk injury to keep the # 1 over the # 2 seed!?!?!

Great, now we HAVE THE # 1 SEED!  Oooops and Brady is Broken...

Oh well, lets get Hoyer in there, he has had plenty of experience this year...oh wait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It would be safe to say the Bills did not win that first game so much as the Pats lost it.  By "owing them one" may mean the Pats will not be so generous with gift TDs and bad plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

You never want to lose as a team, creates bad habits.

JayShizz, I know that is not what you are saying, I am just saying that for me, you go to win which means your best is on the field.

If we are up by half, then the smart thing is to give the back ups some time in case they are needed later.

What we do not want are more injuries but some injuries of the mental/momentum kind can hurt you just as much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You dont have to be flat. I am not saying lay down. I am saying rest some guys and dont treat it like a Sb just becaue you are hell bent on revenge. The Bills mean nothing right now. I dont want to a see a Titans 06 game with tensions flaring and guys getting their knees taken out.

Im glad you care so much about beating the Bills, I dont

I think the fortunes of this team arent based on seeds. Its based on us being healthy and playing a solid 60 minutes. If they dont do that, It doesnt matter if they play in Canada, They will LOSE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork: 'We owe them one':
    You never want to lose as a team, creates bad habits.
    Correct

If we are up by half, then the smart thing is to give the back ups some time in case they are needed later.
    Agreed,except that isn't at least this team now playing actually the backups?  Oh, you mean mean Brady, Gonz, Welker, Hernandez, Wilfork, Light, Mayo, and ...and....and....????

What we do not want are more injuries
    Not playing at 100% when you are on the field is when you actually get more injuries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The defense needs work, the offense needs rest. noone is saying to go out there and half  a ss it, just saying play the guys who are healthy.

Gronk has been hurting all year, just no mention of it, but look what hes done all year, Im sure he could benefit from a week off and still come back and not miss beat.

If you guys think Hoyer is good enough to get a 2nd rd pick he should be able to compete with this Bills team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

What we do not want are more injuries

Not playing at 100% when you are on the field is when you actually get more injuries.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Agreed; that is what I meant by

What we do not want are more injuries but some injuries of the mental/momentum kind can hurt you just as much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

We need this win to clinch homefeild advantage, nothing more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

BB does a good job of taking advantage of certain situations.  If he's up by a couple scores, don't be surprised to see Brady get yanked in and out...to make sure Hoyer is prepared in case of injury.  I'm sure the TV commentators will not know why Brady is going in and out...they never pick it up during the regular season.

He'll work guys in and out with a purpose...of course wanting to win above all else, but within the parameters of the current situation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hope owe them one means 53-7

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]It would be safe to say the Bills did not win that first game so much as the Pats lost it.  By "owing them one" may mean the Pats will not be so generous with gift TDs and bad plays.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

c'mon mon.....give da bills some credit

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

don't care who the last game is against at this point in the season.  They should try to win the last game, they should give more snaps to the greener players on both sides of the ball in preparation for the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Beat the Bills and get about a 6 point swing (home field advantage) for the title game.  It's a bargain.  Try to get way ahead, then sit around in the fourth quarter. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilfork: 'We owe them one' : c'mon mon.....give da bills some credit
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    No!  My stats give the Patriots a 17.2 point advantage.  Bills talk, credit walks. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If this team gets one more injury I think I'm going to throw up. 2 weeks ago I was thinking....wow we've had a lot of crucial injuries and there was still some football to be played - so what happens? They lose Carter. We can't afford one single more (it's bad enough Mankins will be limping into the post season).

I'd just pound the ball as much as humanly possible and why not? The Bills can't stop the run, you don't leave Brady hanging back there waiting to take a shot and heaven forbid a guy like Ridley may actually gain some experience.

I bet if they do that they will still win by 2 touchdowns, the Bills are toast and have been for 5 weeks now.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]I hope owe them one means 53-7
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

why 7 ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]Given all the injuries, how many "greener players" are there on he roster?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    This is a solid point!  The entire roster AND practice squad has been getting in on the act this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

All the teams are "busted up" this time of year. That is why a bye and home field are sooooooo critical. Time to heal and no travel.....need to win this week and hope the injury gods are on our side.

As much as I would love to sit TB and others we need to ensure this win and I expect the Bills to bring it for 4 quarters. I hope we get up big early and rest the starts for the second half