Wilhite playing Nickel!! This he can do..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Wilhite playing Nickel!! This he can do..

I tend to agree that Wilhite, like Hobbs, is a good nickel back and will not have a stellar career as a starter.  The Eagles realized this quickly with Hobbs after he was traded.  Wilhite is the same.  That said, this is his 2nd year, so it's not like we can say he'll never jump to the next level.

I said I "tend" to agree, because we had a good pass rush yesterday.  When evaluating the secondary you have to factor in pressure on the QB.  No secondary can hold off a QB forever under no pressure, and any secondary can look good when you have a good pass rush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

How do you explain Wilhite "losing" Josh Reed on the Bills 4th down incompletion?  Reed was wide open due to Wilhite deciding to double down on Bodden's receiver in the endzone who was already well covered.  Wilhite doen't impress me one bit out there- he is still lost in coverage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I agree that he can become a good nickel, but still has alot to prove. U cant judge a guy like that gfkr2. Believe me there is alot 2 critize, i understand, but I think he can become a good one. also consider alot of good corners start out at nickel,hmm. samuel...only reason hes not in a pats uniform, cause of the two plays in the SB. sideline play and tyree was his guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Wilhite is quick and has good footwork.  Against a slot receiver, he might be able to hold his own and cover well enough to make the quarterback go elsewhere without having to contest the pass as frequently because most teams don't have a good slot to whom the QB is really trying to get the ball.

Otherwise, he needs some work in order to be able to hold his own against bigger wideouts who can use size and strength to position themselves better when making catches.

Sections
Shortcuts