Wilhite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Wilhite

There is a general DB thread alive, but i want to know your opinions about this guy specifically. There's no argument... he is right there in coverage but manages to give up the completion anyways. Can we hope that he can develop?  From what I've read here, fans think this is a third cb we put on the slot guy.
    do you think theres any chance he comes around?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: Wilhite

He's right there in coverage? You need glasses

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

see how he does in training camp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think his problems later in the year were more mental than physical.  He got burned a few times and made a mistake no player can make; he let it get to him.  He lost his confidence.  I'm not sure he'll ever be more than a nickel back, but if he can develop into a good nickel back, that's fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Wilhite is another E.Hobbs.....always playing off....(maybe cause hes weak) and in trailing position....either coaching or ability is lacking.....maybe a good nickel...maybe not....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"he is right there in coverage "

Not sure what you mean by this?  How can he be right there when he plays 12 yards off the line.  If he's playing next year, I can honestly say we will be getting smoked by every good Offense again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

He's a slot corner, putting him outside is exposes him to taller/more explosive WR's who tend to eat him alive.  Wilhite has good speed and moves quite well in close quarters, I say throw him inside and see how he does there.  It's pretty obvious that he's overmatched on the outside at times..his ball skills need some serious work that's for sure.  Let's not forget that the kid was a fourth round pick; I think sometimes people expect too much of him it's not as if he was a highly touted prospect coming into the league from Auburn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Willhite seems to be able to keep up with receivers but has no idea how to make a play on the ball once it gets there. He looks like a bird caught in a screen porch flailing away and never breaks up anything. I don't know if you can coach what he needs to learn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

This guy is better than Hobbs. Hobbs could not keep up in coverage, Wilhite for the most part has had good position most of the time. He has a lot more potential than Hobbs. He needs a couple of years though and maybe not the guy we need starting right now. Springs wasn't really much of an upgrade over Wilhite but Springs did play better than Wilhite toward the end of the season. Give the kid a chance to develop. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Some of the best DBs were called "Toast" early in their careers.

Sections
Shortcuts