Will all you Whiners please STOP WHINING AND CRYING!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Will all you Whiners please STOP WHINING AND CRYING!

Here's a tip:

If you really want to bring out the board's collective sense of humor, try saying something amusing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Will all you Whiners please STOP WHINING AND CRYING!:
    Here's a tip: If you really want to bring out the board's collective sense of humor, try saying something amusing.
    Posted by p-mike

-

- "What were they gonna do, throw me in jail?" --

How's that?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Troy Brown is one of the great Patriots of All Time. He retired as on and ended up in the Pats Hall Of Fame.  What is he going to say?  The Pats made a lousy move?  
    Posted by ipot

-

Thanks for saying that.  It's just so obvious but not to those with blnders on. 

Troy is one of my all time favorite Pats, but he has a lot to lose by not toeing the party line.  So he does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

Its time to move on Moss is gone and we have a young team that has a HOF QB. This team is starting to jell and Im actually excited to see how far they can go. So I say sit back and enjoy the ride. Just think we could have a team like the Bills how much would that S**K

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Its time to move on Moss is gone and we have a young team that has a HOF QB. This team is starting to jell and Im actually excited to see how far they can go. So I say sit back and enjoy the ride. Just think we could have a team like the Bills how much would that S**K
    Posted by bombdog

-

Bombdog, that would really suuk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think it's fair to give those who are upset 3 days like MVPKilla asks, but we're going to hold you to that. Three days - then you have to move on. Here's a thought: let's see how it plays out on the field before we decide just how horrible it is.

Brady/Moss fan - as for the personnel side of it - some pundits do like it for the long term view. A last year contract for a third round pick is fair compensation. You're right that many don't like it objectively in the short term, and frankly, it pains me also - but I'm allowing for the chance the team will gel around a team oriented approach. 

But you can't take it at face value: Moss was well liked by teammates but he: asked for a trade through his agent, made a bizarre rant about his contract then promised not to talk about it again then kept talking about it behind the scenes, confronted coaching staff at halftime, sulked after the biggest win of the year. It was time for him to move on, he was undermining the team. And he was not a good cold weather player nor a special postseason player for us. I'll miss him a lot but he wrote his own ticket out of here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I think it's fair to give those who are upset 3 days like MVPKilla asks, but we're going to hold you to that. Three days - then you have to move on. Here's a thought: let's see how it plays out on the field before we decide just how horrible it is. Brady/Moss fan - as for the personnel side of it - some pundits do like it for the long term view. A last year contract for a third round pick is fair compensation. You're right that many don't like it objectively in the short term, and frankly, it pains me also - but I'm allowing for the chance the team will gel around a team oriented approach.  But you can't take it at face value: Moss was well liked by teammates but he: asked for a trade through his agent, made a bizarre rant about his contract then promised not to talk about it again then kept talking about it behind the scenes, confronted coaching staff at halftime, sulked after the biggest win of the year. It was time for him to move on, he was undermining the team. And he was not a good cold weather player nor a special postseason player for us. I'll miss him a lot but he wrote his own ticket out of here. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

-

Yeah, yeah, yeah, nice to see you here. 

That's what they want you to think.

But Randy was set-up by the Pats from the get go. He fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  A brillant ploy by BK and BB, and everyone fell for it.  Randy came out of it with stink all over him. 

Think about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, fortunately for all of us, we'll know the answers soon enough.  We still have 12 more regular season games to play.  We'll know if this was a mistake or not.  I suppose we could argue back and forth endlessly over this.  The answer will reveal itself shortly.  HOWEVER:

1. Rajon tried to assert in another thread that we'll learn in our very next game against the Ravens.  How about we give the team a couple of games to adjust to life without Randy.  Let's not forget we got eaten alive by the Ravens the last time we played them with Moss.  I suppose if they beat us now it will be because Moss is gone, right?  Which brings me to the next point...

2. Let's remember that the team has been inconsistent lately on offense.  Last year they never came out of the locker room after halftime, and did the same thing a bit this year.  They also didn't do much against a good D like the Jets.  Why am I saying this?  Because those who hate the trade will use any and every bad offensive outing or play to "prove they are right".  They will act as if the offense has been firing on all cylinders every game until now.

We need to let some games pass before any of us can say "I told you so".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, time will tell.  Since this is a bye week we should have enough time to put together a post Moss plan against the Ravens, but I agree it will take a few games to adjust. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Being a fan carries with it the privilege of expressing an opinion about a game, play, player or personnel move.  I'd really be surprised if any thinking human who posts in this forum truly believes that they know better how to manage any aspect of the Patriots than BB.  That said I can understand how and why anyone would be critical of a move wherein the team gave up one of the great receivers of all time for what some believe is a low price.  On the other hand if only some of what is coming out is accurate about Moss' behavior relative to his interaction with coaches and management then it appears the move will result in addition by subtraction. 

None of us can project what Randy's continued presence on the team would have meant over the course of this season.  Similarly, none of us can possibly know all the factors that led BB to trade Randy but given BB's track record as well as the team he has built, I am of the opinion that the team will benefit over time.  Did BB have a couple of bad drafts in a row: yep.  Have all of his trades and free agent signings worked out: nope.  Is there anyone else I'd rather have running the football operation in Foxboro:  not on your life.

Moss brought us some real excitement in recent years but now it is time to move on.  I very much look forward to watching this team over the coming weeks and months. 

My 2 cents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good post ATJ!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

If Moss the cry baby did not want to be a Patriot any more, then BB did the right thing. There are plenty of weapons on this team to make the Pats a serious threat.

Honestly, besides the nice one-handed grab for a td against the Jets this year, this faker hasn't really done anything. Let the Vikes deal w/ his bullsh!t once more.

Go Pats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

this thread is exactly what this page needs... boston sports fans and in particular patriots fans have nothing ...let me repeat nothing to constantly whine about... i can relate to all those barren years of this team and we have NEVER had it so good...

let me be clear...i liked randy..alot...but he put himself above the team and he wanted to get paid... he said he would work hard and play out his last year but we can see now...it wasnt going that way...

i also agree its perfectly fine to express frustration and unhappiness that he was traded... so get it out and move on... this move had to be made or they WOULD NOT have made it...   MOSS forced their hand...

now that we have moved on...this team is deep... and young.. and in first place... so lets get ready for some football and enjoy this season because its gonna be a great fun ride no matter how it works out...

good luck Randy! hope you got your payday!!
    go pats!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Well said, jcour382.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts