Will BB Get COTY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Will BB Get COTY?

In response to UD6's comment:

What a joke.  Someone actually voted for Brady for MVP.  The lone vote that Manning did not get.  What a petty slap in the face.

"It pains me because Peyton had such a historic season," Miller told the Post. "He is the offensive player of the year, no question. But having played the position, when I looked at who had the most value to his team, I thought Tom Brady carried that team the same way Adrian Peterson carried Minnesota last year."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

BB will be 3rd At best. If he would concentrate on coaching 100%? Wow. Just not a gm....sorry dead head. Too much for him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ManningRules' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

What a joke.  Someone actually voted for Brady for MVP.  The lone vote that Manning did not get.  What a petty slap in the face.

"It pains me because Peyton had such a historic season," Miller told the Post. "He is the offensive player of the year, no question. But having played the position, when I looked at who had the most value to his team, I thought Tom Brady carried that team the same way Adrian Peterson carried Minnesota last year."

Jim Miller, career backup for 8 different teams, voted for Brady.

By the way, Jim Miller was Brady's backup QB in 2004 and, obviously, "won" a ring with NE. Biased???...

Doesn't matter, it's official now!!  Hahaha!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran

I voted for Peyton Manning for MVP. Strongly considered vote for Tom Brady but was talked out of it - or into Manning - by ... Tom Brady.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ManningRules' comment:

Jim Miller, career backup for 8 different teams, voted for Brady.

By the way, Jim Miller was Brady's backup QB in 2004 and, obviously, "won" a ring with NE. Biased???...

Hahaha!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Aww poor baby. Not unamamous, like Brady.

Something out of nothing counts for something!

I could see why Brady got votes. As far as awards go, this may win the award for desperate smack talk.

Nothing desperate about the truth, Lilly.

If you remember correctly Brady missed the unanimous 2007 MVP  by one vote, Brett Favre, (28 TD's and 15 ints) of all people.

He went 16-0 and broke Mannings record. It is what it is, but Brady should have won it twice.  It's only fitting, not that it matters, but the manning troll doesn't need to be crying about it here.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The world forgets that such a thing as "parity" exists in the NFL.  In other words, given enough years, every team has an equal 3/8 chance of making the playoffs and every team will win about 50% of its games.  The new NFL parity now means that the Patriots will always win 75% of their games despite their picking at the back of the draft every single year and despite their playing a first place schedule almost all the time.  The 50% victory rule applies to all the 31 other teams.  Given the new NFL parity, BB is an average coach and he had a perfectly average 12-4  season, getting to the AFC Championship game.

No, BB won't get Coach of the Year.  Did he earn it?  Maybe he did.  At least he's going to Canton.  So is Tom Brady.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I could see why Brady got votes. As far as awards go, this may win the award for desperate smack talk.

If you remember correctly Brady missed the unanimous 2007 MVP  by one vote, Brett Favre, (28 TD's and 15 ints) of all people.

He went 16-0 and broke Mannings record. It is what it is, but Brady should have won it twice.  It's only fitting, not that it matters, but the manning troll doesn't need to be crying about it here.

Now you are sounding like the poor baby.  I had no idea that Brady didn't win the unanimous MVP.  He should have.  BTW - Brady didn't go 16-0.  The team did.  Cry on.

One other thing Pezz.  Manning's ability after his neck surgery is pretty amazing, right?  Weren't you the one who was nearly adamant that he wouldn't make it back.  Funny that after such a significant injury that you thought he'd never come back from, that not only he comes back but tears up the league. 

After your issues, I figured you would have at least cheered for his success, not necessarily vs. the pats but at least given your personal knowledge of his issues.  Too bad youre not that big of a man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Caserio and BB should get Exec of the Year in a runaway, but this one should be interesting:

http://boston.com/community/forums/start_discussion/100/1390

Will Belichick win Coach of the Year?

February, 1, 2014 FEB 1 5:00 AM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

In covering a team on a day-to-day basis, there's a tendency to take notice of aspects of a particular player or coach that may otherwise go unnoticed. 

Those details can sway your opinion from one end of the spectrum to the other, or, at the very least, strengthen it. 

[+] EnlargeTom Brady AP Photo/Gail BurtonBill Belichick's obstacles -- including a slow start by Tom Brady -- didn't deter the Patriots from again being in the mix for the AFC championship. Admitting that, there is still a convincing argument to be made that Bill Belichick was the coach of the year in the NFL this season, an award that is due to be handed out Saturday evening at the NFL's annual awards banquet. 

On the surface, 2013 may not look any different than many other recent Patriots season; yet another 12 regular season wins, yet another division title, yet another first-round playoff bye. 

But -- and this is no secret -- the circumstances behind the success are impossible to overlook. 

It started before the season even began, as the Patriots cut ties with their most versatile offensive player in tight end  Aaron Hernandez. There wasn't enough time for the team to make up for his loss through free agency, so it was forced to adapt. 

It did. 

And then the injuries happened.  Vince WilforkJerod MayoTommy KellySebastian Vollmer ... all critical contributors. All placed on injured reserve. 

Tight end  Rob Gronkowski would eventually return, but only briefly, as he tore his ACL and joined the group on injured reserve. 

The theme of the 2013 Patriots was injuries almost as much as it was anything else. 

The Patriots also endured through an uncharacteristically slow start by quarterback  Tom Brady, and while it's clear that the cast of receivers around him didn't stack up to what he had in 2012 -- and Belichick is ultimately in control of the roster -- Brady still left yards on the field before a scintillating stretch to finish the regular season (particularly from early November to mid-December). 

During that time, the defense stepped up. A secondary that was the butt of enough jokes to fill a stand-up show in 2012 became an area of strength. The front seven pieced it together -- at least enough to stay in games -- with undrafted free agents and castoffs who had been cut multiple times before the season even started. 

The defense was a hodgepodge of talent and the offense was working through growing pains stemming from personnel turnover. 

But the Patriots held steady, playing exceptional situational football and giving credence to the notion that no game is over until the clock officially strikes zero. First it was New Orleans, then Denver, and Cleveland. Each finish more dramatic than the last. 

There were injuries, adversity, the adjustment in offensive identity and more. 

As Belichick often says, every team deals with injuries and challenges of its own, but the case can be made that the Patriots overcame as many hurdles this season -- yes, even more than playing without Tom Brady for all but 15 minutes during the 2008 season -- than any other during the Bill Belichick era. 

Ron Rivera turned the Panthers around, as Andy Reid did with the Chiefs. Pete Carroll (Seahawks) and John Fox (Broncos) each won 13 games and the work of coaches such as Bruce Arians (Cardinals) and  Mike McCoy (Chargers) ought not to go unnoticed. 

But during a season when circumstances suggested a downward spiral, Belichick was the constant behind yet another near trip to the Super Bowl. In fact, the entire coaching staff was the constant, as no coach can do it alone. 

I don't have a ballot for tonight's award, but if I did, Belichick's name -- representing all of the Patriots coaches -- would land on it.

if its just based on the regular season he has a shot at it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Should BB win COTY?  IMO, yes.

Will he win COTY? No - the 'award' is a popularity contest and media creation intended to attract attention.  Not something that any of the voters will consider to be appropriate for BB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

They voted and announced. BB finished 3rd. That is a fair vote IMO. Yes, BB did a great job, but what Rivera did in Carolina is more impressive. No argument here with finishing 3rd. I could have also understood BB finishing 2nd. But again, no problem with Reid in the 2nd slot

What is laughable is BB as GM of the year. I don't believe he will garner even1 vote

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

They voted and announced. BB finished 3rd. That is a fair vote IMO. Yes, BB did a great job, but what Rivera did in Carolina is more impressive. No argument here with finishing 3rd. I could have also understood BB finishing 2nd. But again, no problem with Reid in the 2nd slot

What is laughable is BB as GM of the year. I don't believe he will garner even1 vote

Reid finished  December poorly he lost his last 4 out of five . I have a problem with it.  JMO. If his team did not go into that streak at the end Reid would have won it. His team didn't close well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Nope, everyone that votes for these things hates BB.

Hate is a strong word I wouldnt use it .I think alot people have alot of respect for BB.I think just cause people disagree with how he does things sometimes doesnt mean they hate him.

Nope, hate is not too strong a word. Look, he doesn't make their job any easier with the way he gives interviews, the way he dictates what the players can say in their interviews and the total disdain he has for reporters in general.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Caserio and BB should get Exec of the Year in a runaway

LMAO!  You are such a HOMER!!!  You really are.  Nobody likes you on here, you should just leave. You have to be the biggest liar and tool on this forum.

If you don't think John Dorsey deserves it then you really need to get your head examined. 

WHat is the case for Dorsey? Doing what I suggested all offseason, offering a 2nd for the quality Alex Smith and to hire the best coach available, Andy Reid?

Keep in mind, the Hunts hired Reid before Dorsey. Getting Smith was a no brainer.  If a fan like me is suggesting that on a Pats board, why is it so special?

All Dorsey did was inheret some nice talent left behind by Pioli from the 2009 draft through 2012's draft.

KC had like 6 Pro Bowlers in 2012, but they simply got healthy in 2013 (Charles, etc) and improved the coach/QB spots.

But, the Hhunts hired Reid and Dorsey.  To give a 1st year GM that award is ridiculous.

What case are you making for Dorsey? Head examined?  

KC had many injuries last year and fell off the map with 6 Pro Bowlers. NE had a record for injuries/players missing this year and went 12-4.

That's due to the GM work, the scouts, etc, plugging all the holes, quite well, actually.

Dorsey was magnificent!  In 1 short year he changed the culture within the franchise, made several key moves through trades, free agency and the draft that helped take a team from 2-14 to 11-5 and reach the playoffs, again after 1 short season. Unbelievable!

BTW, LOL at you for suggesting they get Alex Smith and Andy Reid. Hahaha!  Dude, everyone made that suggestion... Dorsey pulled it off!! 

As I recall the Chiefs were generally considered to be vastly underperforming for the talent they already had. Any competent GM should have been able to pull off what Dorsey did. There was nothing special in it. On top of that it is the head coach that sets the culture so don't lay that at Dorsey's feet, it was Reid that did that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Now you are sounding like the poor baby.  I had no idea that Brady didn't win the unanimous MVP.  He should have.  BTW - Brady didn't go 16-0.  The team did.  Cry on.

One other thing Pezz.  Manning's ability after his neck surgery is pretty amazing, right?  Weren't you the one who was nearly adamant that he wouldn't make it back.  Funny that after such a significant injury that you thought he'd never come back from, that not only he comes back but tears up the league. 

After your issues, I figured you would have at least cheered for his success, not necessarily vs. the pats but at least given your personal knowledge of his issues.  Too bad youre not that big of a man.

Yes I did say the injury would cook him, because I have personal experience with it and after years, I still have range of motion issues and pain.

I guess that I don't have is a NFL training staff and surgeons,Undecided but I still think it will eventually effect his quality of life.  When I had my surgeries (3) in my early 40's the doctors said I had the advanced damage of a 75 yr. old.  That's over use and repeated trauma. They also told me I shouldn't continue with the activities that caused the issues.

Regardless, I only mentioned 2007 because it was similar.

Brett Favre got one vote and prevented it from being unanimous, when it should have been.

Brady also had a huge comeback in 2010 ( when it was unanimous), a year removed from his Knee problem.

Also, the team DOES matter.  I don't see how anyone says it doesn't.

Somehow, I can't imagine anyone setting records with Brady's cast of characters, which is why he deserved consideration and at least one guy (more?) felt strongly about it..

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Caserio and BB should get Exec of the Year in a runaway

LMAO!  You are such a HOMER!!!  You really are.  Nobody likes you on here, you should just leave. You have to be the biggest liar and tool on this forum.

If you don't think John Dorsey deserves it then you really need to get your head examined. 

WHat is the case for Dorsey? Doing what I suggested all offseason, offering a 2nd for the quality Alex Smith and to hire the best coach available, Andy Reid?

Keep in mind, the Hunts hired Reid before Dorsey. Getting Smith was a no brainer.  If a fan like me is suggesting that on a Pats board, why is it so special?

All Dorsey did was inheret some nice talent left behind by Pioli from the 2009 draft through 2012's draft.

KC had like 6 Pro Bowlers in 2012, but they simply got healthy in 2013 (Charles, etc) and improved the coach/QB spots.

But, the Hhunts hired Reid and Dorsey.  To give a 1st year GM that award is ridiculous.

What case are you making for Dorsey? Head examined?  

KC had many injuries last year and fell off the map with 6 Pro Bowlers. NE had a record for injuries/players missing this year and went 12-4.

That's due to the GM work, the scouts, etc, plugging all the holes, quite well, actually.

Dorsey was magnificent!  In 1 short year he changed the culture within the franchise, made several key moves through trades, free agency and the draft that helped take a team from 2-14 to 11-5 and reach the playoffs, again after 1 short season. Unbelievable!

BTW, LOL at you for suggesting they get Alex Smith and Andy Reid. Hahaha!  Dude, everyone made that suggestion... Dorsey pulled it off!! 

As I recall the Chiefs were generally considered to be vastly underperforming for the talent they already had. Any competent GM should have been able to pull off what Dorsey did. There was nothing special in it. On top of that it is the head coach that sets the culture so don't lay that at Dorsey's feet, it was Reid that did that.

Exactly, and they lost Berry, Charles and Moeaki in 2012.   All the Hunts did was hire Reid and Dorsey, but that shouldn't mean Dorsey gets credit for anything other than the Smith acquisiton, which again was a no brainer and they were a clear leading candidate for Smith based on their QB situation.

THe team was already built. Not even close to what BB and Caserio did this year with the drafted talent or scouted scrap heap pick ups, being plugged in with such great overall success.

BB/Caserio in a runaway if there was no anti-BB bias.

Tailib out, defense sucks... Bradys best wr was a 7th rnd former QB.  Hahaha, BB/Caserio deserves a kick in the butt for that, certainly not exec of the year.  What a dork.

Sections
Shortcuts