Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets?

I don't know the scenarios but I'm sure someone here will. Can/will the Bears lay down for the Jets? That sh!t better not happen again, I swear...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aluvium. Show aluvium's posts

Re: Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets?

Not if they want to try and get a first round bye they won't. They hold the tie breaker with Philly, and Philly has easy games so should win their final two, so if the Bears want #2 seed they will try their best to win the final two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

No way they only won their division they still have to hold off the Eagles to get a bye in the playoffs. I expect them to go full throttle until they get that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Eagles play the Vikings and Cowboys, which should both be wins for them. I doubt the Bears will slack off against the Jests. If somehow Minnesota beats the Eagles they may rest starters in the GB game, but I'd expect 100% effort next Sunday in Chicago. The Jests escaped Sunday barely, had Palomalu been playing we may have seen a different outcome. I'm still not buying into the "recovery" angle for the Jests. Their offense still looks like it's weak, Sanchez merely made more sound decisions and avoided turnovers. The Bears defense and a snowy field will not be easy for them. I expect the Bears still want to wash the bitter taste of the NE loss out of their mouths. After all, nobody expected them to struggle against the Vikings, Favre or no.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let's hope so. =D

The Bears let the Jets in and we get the Jets instead of the Chargers in the Divisional round. =D

We own the Jets. GO JETS!!! =D 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Bears let the Jets in and we get the Jets instead of the Chargers in the Divisional round.

The Jests would still have to beat the Cheifs/Chargers or Colts/Jaguars on the road before landing a game in Foxboro. I find it hard to believe they can win at Lucas or Arrowhead. But we'll see. And they could lose to the Bears and still make the playoffs by beating the Bills.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets?:
    [QUOTE]The Bears let the Jets in and we get the Jets instead of the Chargers in the Divisional round. The Jests would still have to beat the Cheifs/Chargers or Colts/Jaguars on the road before landing a game in Foxboro. I find it hard to believe they can win at Lucas or Arrowhead. But we'll see. And they could lose to the Bears and still make the playoffs by beating the Bills.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

If the season ended today the Chiefs and the Jets will compete over who gets New England in the Divisional round. The Jets hold the lowest seed in the playoffs so far so when they beat the Chiefs, and they will, they get us at home. 

The Colts are a one and done team. I don't see them beating Baltimore because Baltimore usually has trouble guarding Clark. Even if the Colts beat the Ravens the Steelers will knock them out because they OWN Peyton. Pitt owns Baltimore too so, without a doubt, Pitt will represent the other team playing for the LaMar Hunt trophy. We just have to get there because we own Pitt, especially in the playoffs. =D 

I'm just hoping for the Rams (=D), The Falcons or the Bears in the SB.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

As noted above, Chicago controls its own destiny for the #2 seed and that is a HUGE advantage in a very competitive NFC. I don't know what to make of the Bears. The Vikings were essentially playing a junior varsity squad last night (and their varsity isn't all that good, either), but the Bears played a pretty solid all-around game (for them) after the debacle against New England in similar conditions. I'll admit, I'm one of those people who has been looking at the Bears all year and wondering how they can be controlling that division. They just don't "Wow!" me. But all that said, they can beat Green New Jersey at home, and probably will. Give Jersey credit for going into Bitchburgh and stealing a tough win, but the Jests really can't score. If the Steelers cover a kick-off and the zebras don't allow Antonio Cromartie to latch onto every receiver who comes near him -- not to mention Lowerys blatant interfernce on Emmanuel Sanders at the end of the game -- that thing isn't even close. With Peppers terrorizing The Sanchize all day long and that horrendous field making life miserable for Edwards and Holmes, I don't think the Jests will be able to move the ball consistently. Look for Devin Hester to once again be the difference in a punting battle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets? : If the season ended today the Chiefs and the Jets will compete over who gets New England in the Divisional round. The Jets hold the lowest seed in the playoffs so far so when they beat the Chiefs, and they will, they get us at home.  The Colts are a one and done team. I don't see them beating Baltimore because Baltimore usually has trouble guarding Clark. Even if the Colts beat the Ravens the Steelers will knock them out because they OWN Peyton. Pitt owns Baltimore too so, without a doubt, Pitt will represent the other team playing for the LaMar Hunt trophy. We just have to get there because we own Pitt, especially in the playoffs. =D  I'm just hoping for the Rams (=D), The Falcons or the Bears in the SB.  
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Colts must win two games before they can even begin thinking about the playoffs, but assuming they do, if the chiefs win out then the colts are the #4 seed.  I assume the Ravens come in at #5 and Jets #6.  If this happens and the colts manage to beat the ravens, then unless the jets beat pitt (because they reseed, right?), the colts would play the pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]As noted above, Chicago controls its own destiny for the #2 seed and that is a HUGE advantage in a very competitive NFC. I don't know what to make of the Bears. The Vikings were essentially playing a junior varsity squad last night (and their varsity isn't all that good, either), but the Bears played a pretty solid all-around game (for them) after the debacle against New England in similar conditions. I'll admit, I'm one of those people who has been looking at the Bears all year and wondering how they can be controlling that division. They just don't "Wow!" me. But all that said, they can beat Green New Jersey at home, and probably will. Give Jersey credit for going into Bitchburgh and stealing a tough win, but the Jests really can't score. If the Steelers cover a kick-off and the zebras don't allow Antonio Cromartie to latch onto every receiver who comes near him -- not to mention Lowerys blatant interfernce on Emmanuel Sanders at the end of the game -- that thing isn't even close. With Peppers terrorizing The Sanchize all day long and that horrendous field making life miserable for Edwards and Holmes, I don't think the Jests will be able to move the ball consistently. Look for Devin Hester to once again be the difference in a punting battle.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Colts fans believe that pats fans should never ever ever complain about PI not being called.          EVER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't see this happening. Chicago has a chance at a Bye week.  I don't see why they think they can take their foot off the gas.

Indy did that last year, laying down for Phat Rex/PatsMan2's Jets and it backfired on the Colts badly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Backfired on the colts?  How Rusty?  Please explain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Super Bowl choke down. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Super Bowl choke down. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

So resting players had something to do with the colts losing the superbowl?  Based on what?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Backfired on the colts?  How Rusty?  Please explain.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Underdogg, you cannot look at that game and honestly believe the Colts played to win.  It was a pathetic performance by an overachieving team.  The Colts laid down that game.

And I can't prove it anymore than you can disprove it.  But Rusty ain't the only one out there that thinks this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Football is about attitude and momentum, drippy.

Of course, we wouldn't expect you to know this. Polian didn't have the balls to go for a perfect season, so he told Caldwell to play the B Squad.

Indy laid down and the rest if history.

They got caught with an onsides kick, Gomer threw a pick 6 to lose it, and Colts fans went home crying again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - you didn't answer my question.  Did the colts resting their players cause them to lose the superbowl?  It seems you are inferring this.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes.

The arrogance of pretending 16-0 is a curse was hilarious to watch backfire, especially knowing Polian ordered it.

Thanks for playing today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. The arrogance of pretending 16-0 is a curse was hilarious to watch backfire, especially knowing Polian ordered it. Thanks for playing today.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Huh? so why did the pats lose their superbowl to the giants while undefeated?  Clearly they had momentum, right?  Or why did the pats lose to the Ravens at home in the playoffs last year?  They didn't rest any players last year? 

Or how come this "lack" of momentum didn't hurt the colts against the Ravens (who didn't rest any players) in the playoffs last year? 

If this is a karma thing, surely this karma would have bitten the colts vs. the Jets in the AFCCG last year, right?  It didn't.  Go figure? 

so we have all of these opportunities to prove your theory right, and none of them happened?  Must be poor theory. 

Heck, and its not like anyone on the colts said anything damning like "14 points?  Is Plax going to play defense?" leading up to the actual game. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Oh and as for the caught with the onsides kick.  Not really.  This was actually really really poor execution.  The colts had a "hands" guy up front and the first to touch the ball.  Hank Baskett, a receiver.  He muffed it.  I wouldn't call that being "caught".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets? : Huh? so why did the pats lose their superbowl to the giants while undefeated?  Clearly they had momentum, right?  Or why did the pats lose to the Ravens at home in the playoffs last year?  They didn't rest any players last year?  Or how come this "lack" of momentum didn't hurt the colts against the Ravens (who didn't rest any players) in the playoffs last year?  If this is a karma thing, surely this karma would have bitten the colts vs. the Jets in the AFCCG last year, right?  It didn't.  Go figure?  so we have all of these opportunities to prove your theory right, and none of them happened?  Must be poor theory.  Heck, and its not like anyone on the colts said anything damning like "14 points?  Is Plax going to play defense?" leading up to the actual game. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What did thuggie Plax say before Brady was forced to uncomfortably answer that question?

Care to answer that one? Funny how the player talking the smack somehow lands in the lap of a Pats player.

Only in the world of jealous tools like yourself, Undies.

At least NE had the stones to go for a perfect season only marred by a miracle catch with one hand off a helmet with a player draped all over the receiver, unlike the 2009 Colts, whose QB  tossed away a chance to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This is only speculation on my part, but I think part of the rationale for resting players might have been to take the pressure of competing for a perfect season off the players, thus allowing them to focus more succinctly (in theory) on the opponent. That it ultimately didn't work (if, in fact, that aspect was part of the original thinking at all) doesn't necessarily mean it was not a sound approach.

I think anyone who watched the Pats struggle with Blue New Jersey could attest to the weight of expectations. P. Manning is a notorious choker. It made sense to take as much pressure off him as the team realistically could. In the end, it simply wasn't enough, but you've got to credit the N'awlins Saints for that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Bears Lay Down for the Jets? : Colts must win two games before they can even begin thinking about the playoffs, but assuming they do, if the chiefs win out then the colts are the #4 seed.  I assume the Ravens come in at #5 and Jets #6.  If this happens and the colts manage to beat the ravens, then unless the jets beat pitt (because they reseed, right?), the colts would play the pats.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, my horse loving friend. The Jets will face the Chiefs in the wildcard round and since they are the lowest seed no matter what, they have to face the top team (New England). The worst team has to face the best and the two middle teams have to face off. 

1.) New England
    2.) Pitt
    3.) KC or SD (Unless both teams collapse and go 0-2 to finish the year)
    4.) The Colts (Jax aint making the playoffs. Win your division before you make hats, arseholes.) 
    5.) The Ravens (As long as they go 2-0 to finish the year. Or, they can hope for another Jet loss and 1-1 will do)
    6.) The Jets. (Assuming the Jets win one more game. -_-...That's never a given. They suk when it matters most)

Now, 

1 and 2 get byes. 

That means 3 has to play 6 and 4 has to play 5. Ok? The Jets will beat KC and whoever wins between the Colts and Balt is going to Pitt. The only way the Colts would get the Pats is if they beat Pitt on their way to the AFCCG. 

1 (Pats) vs. 6 (Jets)
    2 (Pitt) vs. 4 (Colts) or 5 (Ravens)

or

1 (Pats) vs. 4(Colts) or 5(Ravens)
    2 (Pitt) vs. (3.) KC

in the divisional round. =) Ok?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Oh and as for the caught with the onsides kick.  Not really.  This was actually really really poor execution.  The colts had a "hands" guy up front and the first to touch the ball.  Hank Baskett, a receiver.  He muffed it.  I wouldn't call that being "caught".
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the poor execution by 2009 MVP Peyton Manning, who threw a perfect pass to Tracy Porter for a game ending pick six - winners don't make that mistake UD - but hey, maybe Manning just doesn't like Disney World

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope so. =D The Bears let the Jets in and we get the Jets instead of the Chargers in the Divisional round. =D We own the Jets. GO JETS!!! =D 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

No.  The Jets would be the sixth see and, as of today, would have to play KC and win to then meet us in the semi-final.  If KC loses then it might be either SD or Indy.  In any event, they have to win against someone before being able to get to Foxboro.

Sections
Shortcuts