Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

125 yd on 21 carries

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

Probably not, but hes looking good so far. 
    12 carries, 62 yards 1 td

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are the Bengels as good along the O Line as the Pat's; no, are the Raven's better than the Titans on defense; yes.  

Apples and oranges, people used to say there was two best runningbacks in the NFL, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders, that was a crock of ish, there was one best runningback; Barry Sanders.  

Emmitt had the greatest O Line and possibly team of all time around him, Barry had Kramer/Peete/AndreWare at QB, Lomas Brown at tackle and that's about it on offense, he was far and away the greatest modern runner of our generation because he did it on a dog of a team.

Nobody is disputing Ridely is more athletic, can catch, and full of promise.  

We had both of them last year and didn't use either....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Rusty acting like a badass from is rascal scooter!

Lawfirm is rocking a 5+ ypc at the moment, i bet the titans would have liked 5ypc yesterday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Are the Bengels as good along the O Line as the Pat's; no, are the Raven's better than the Titans on defense; yes.  

Apples and oranges, people used to say there was two best runningbacks in the NFL, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders, that was a crock of ish, there was one best runningback; Barry Sanders.  

Emmitt had the greatest O Line and possibly team of all time around him, Barry had Kramer/Peete/AndreWare at QB, Lomas Brown at tackle and that's about it on offense, he was far and away the greatest modern runner of our generation because he did it on a dog of a team.

Nobody is disputing Ridely is more athletic, can catch, and full of promise.  

We had both of them last year and didn't use either....

WAIT A DAM MINUTE!!!Your talking about the same Pats OL that this whole board has been bashing all year! Now we can't have it both ways..................With this boards opinion of the OL Ridley must have done it all by himself.....................

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Not if the Bungles are playing from behind all night.

They are both good backs. The difference is that on a play where BJGE gets 7 yards, Ridley may have gotten 15; whereas on a play where Ridley gets 1 yard, BJGE may have gotten 3.

Both of these scenarios have value, but overall, Ridley is the clearly the more valuable.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Because of the score lopsided in favor of Balt (24-13) late in the 3rd with Balt driving, BJGE is just about done piling up yards IMO.  He's had a good game but there is no reason to look back.  We know exactly what he could give us and we needed better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

There will be a point this season where I'll say damn lawfirm would have made that or, lawfirm wouldnt have fumbled.

I think there will def be a point where riddley costs us a game, hopefully it wont be one that matters.

You can never undervalue reliable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ouch.  That's the second attack on me, that I've noticed, today by rusty/del/leon.  Why don't you find a Bungle board you can post on 23 hours a day fawning over Maroney Lite.

BB and Mr. Kraft agreed with me and let the shlub go and thank God, he just almost got his QB killed there. lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

If given the chance, BJGE could have been a top 5 back.  He is likely the best undrafted back in the NFL.  Back when Brady didn't throw 40 times a game, BJGE had big game after big game and had a 1000 yard season.  In this age of the multiback systems, that is a great accomplishment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Probably not; last year running behind the same O line, BJGE averaged 3.7 yards per carry and Ridley averaged 5.1.  Nice to see Benny having a good game tonight, but of the 50 backs with the most rushing attempts in the NFL last year, 44 of them had higher yards per carry than BJGE.  At 3.7 ypc, Benny was tied with Addai for 45th out of the top 50. 

We'll see how he does over the season with the Bengals.  But anyone who watched him over the past four years knows he's not a particularly explosive or powerful back and while he'll sometimes break off a 10 or 15 yard run, he's almost never going to break a truly long run (in four years, his longest is still just 33 yards), and the vast majority of his carries will go for 2 or 3 yards.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid comment:

Probably not; last year running behind the same O line, BJGE averaged 3.7 yards per carry and Ridley averaged 5.1.  Nice to see Benny having a good game tonight, but of the 50 backs with the most rushing attempts in the NFL last year, 44 of them had higher yards per carry than BJGE.  At 3.7 ypc, Benny was tied with Addai for 45th out of the top 50. 

We'll see how he does over the season with the Bengals.  But anyone who watched him over the past four years knows he's not a particularly explosive or powerful back and while he'll sometimes break off a 10 or 15 yard run, he's almost never going to break a truly long run (in four years, his longest is still just 33 yards), and the vast majority of his carries will go for 2 or 3 yards.  

I guess the other 44 didn't have Bill Obrien calling the plays.

This just in...BJGE had 18 carries 91 yards. Also known as....something like the 3rd most carries in a game of his career....in N.E with OB calling his plays.

Sorry dude.

Wait...and a 4rth n 1 from the 6 with 25 seconds left in the half BJGE ran over Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Mcphee, and some other LB with dreads for a TD to bring it within 7. For those of you that saw the game, or highlights you know what I'm talking about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I like both running backs so why does it have to be so personal. Belichek made a choice and since he is usually right (not always, the safety position was a mess last year) why should I have a problem with it. I wish Green Ellis well (like I still do Seymour and Cassel) and I hope he has a long and productive career. By the way O'Brien was coaching when BJGE had his 1000 yard season so stop blaming him for everything. He did a good job while he was here and I am sure McDaniel will do well as long as Belichek makes the final decisions coaching wise and Brady is under center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Always been a fan of Benny, you can't find a player who is a better example of the Patriot way. Was sorry to see him go but excited about Ridley and Bolden, both are big backs with a burst and cut back ability.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BJGE ran on 1st or 2nd down for......

3, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 9, 2, 2, 1, 1, and 14 yards respectively in the game. That's under 4 yac average on those downs which are what set up each series and leave you with the options for 3rd down. On 10 of those 1st or 2nd down runs he averaged 2.4 yac. When on 10 of 12 runs you can't get over 4 yards you are too often putting your team in a difficult 3rd down situation.

When you get 13 yards on 3rd and 2, 12 yards on 3rd and 1, 4 yards on 4th and 1, 6 yards on 4th and 1 - your average gets plump but you got excess yards when you didn't need them at the expense of getting yards when you did.

That's why he is no longer a NEP, and that's why the Bengals can have him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Benny's problem wasn't a lack of explosion, though he did lack that. His problem was a lack of consistently getting the 4-6 yards on 1st or 2nd down. Many of his yards came from 12 - 15 yard carries here and there which pumped up his average but did not consistently deliver the meat and potatoes you need each series. BB is no fool. He knows exactly what Benny was, and let him walk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BJGE ran on 1st or 2nd down for......

3, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 9, 2, 2, 1, 1, and 14 yards respectively in the game. That's under 4 yac average on those downs which are what set up each series and leave you with the options for 3rd down. On 10 of those 1st or 2nd down runs he averaged 2.4 yac. When on 10 of 12 runs you can't get over 4 yards you are too often putting your team in a difficult 3rd down situation.

When you get 13 yards on 3rd and 2, 12 yards on 3rd and 1, 4 yards on 4th and 1, 6 yards on 4th and 1 - your average gets plump but you got excess yards when you didn't need them at the expense of getting yards when you did.

That's why he is no longer a NEP, and that's why the Bengals can have him.

And Ridley had runs of 1, 2, 0, -1, -1, -1, 4, -4, 1, 2 on 1st or 2nd downs that's why they call them averages. Not every RB is going to have a breakout run on every carry and cherry picking stats is useless.

Now BJGE was let go because Ridley is a better back that is more explosive, is more likely to stay up when hit, and can squeeze through tighter holes but don't cherry pick stats to try to make your point. Truth is Bolden is essentially BJGE (though we don't know about fumbles) and he is a much cheaper option. BJGE is an average servicable RB and BB obviously felt he could and did find a comparable replacement for cheaper. That doesn't make BJGE a bad RB as you love to claim it just made him replaceable

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I guess the other 44 didn't have Bill Obrien calling the plays.

This just in...BJGE had 18 carries 91 yards. Also known as....something like the 3rd most carries in a game of his career....in N.E with OB calling his plays.

Sorry dude.

Wait...and a 4rth n 1 from the 6 with 25 seconds left in the half BJGE ran over Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Mcphee, and some other LB with dreads for a TD to bring it within 7. For those of you that saw the game, or highlights you know what I'm talking about. 

We'll see how he produces over the whole season.  I watched him for four years in New England and during that time, I never saw anything that made me think he was anything more than mediocre as a runner. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]In response to prolate0spheroid comment: 

Who cares? I guess you don't have to rip off 50 yard runs in order to be effective as a RB. 1,700 yards 4 ypc, 24 tds in 2 seasons with N.E. 18 carries 91 yards and a run over 4 Ravens players td so far this year in a low talented Bengals offense....I wonder how many carries he would have got if OB was the OC in Cinci?

He had more then enough talent to handle a work load in the post season...as he has already shown in week 1 against the same Ravens defense he ran for 4.5 ypc against in the afc championsip...except we only ran him 12 times with the lead. Ridley looks like a game breaker, but you don't always have that, and usually not when you have an elite QB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Who cares? I guess you don't have to rip off 50 yard runs in order to be effective as a RB. 1,700 yards 4 ypc, 24 tds in 2 seasons with N.E. 18 carries 91 yards and a run over 4 Ravens players td so far this year in a low talented Bengals offense....I wonder how many carries he would have got if OB was the OC in Cinci?

He had more then enough talent to handle a work load in the post season...as he has already shown in week 1 against the same Ravens defense he ran for 4.5 ypc against in the afc championsip...except we only ran him 12 times with the lead. Ridley looks like a game breaker, but you don't always have that, and usually not when you have an elite QB.

It all comes down to OB being the OC and the Pats having a differnt offensive philosophy... Can't change that hopefully McD will keep the running game going.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Babe will come up with anything in a pathetic attempt to back his BS no matter how divorced from reality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I didn't watch the whole game, but I thought BJGE ran really well. What surprised me in what I did watch was he totally wiffed on two blitz pick ups in the game and nearly got his QB killed. And these were DBs not linebackers. First one was up the middle and BJGE was a perfect turnstile - he actually turn sideways to let the guy through. The second was off the corner and while the DB was crashing into the QB BJGE was facing the center of the line looking for a non-existent blitzer there.
    So he ended up being responsible for at least 50% of the sacks in the game. No something you expect from a 5th year back making his money. And the reason I guess we didn't see him much in the passing/hurry up in previous years with the pats.

Sections
Shortcuts