Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

WOW! If I only knew that an innocuous little game time thread could morph into such an inflamitoy pissing match I would have reconsidered my question.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

well it has been one game, clearly riddley is a HOF running back

/sarcasm.

Lets let the season play out a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the imortal Ben Jarvis Green Ellis's team lost by 31 points. I suppose if they just gave big Benny the ball a few more times they would of won, right?

Watch the game and get a clue. BJGE carried the Bungals offense in the 1st half, rushing for 12 carries over 65 yards and a 4rth down td with 20 seconds left, where he RAN OVER Ray Lewis and 3 other defenders for a 6 yard score. Raven lined up in GOAL LINE D. 

2nd half Dalton threw a pick 6 to start it off and then another turn over lead to a blow out. BJGE was the only good thing about the Bungals offense.

Just admit you were wrong like a big boy and stop sounding like resident troll babe parelli.

I hate to break this to you true champy, but I think Bill Belichick would of kept Benny if he thought he could of "carried the offense" of this team this off season when he had the money and the chance to do so. He didn't. Let's not soil ourselves over a 90 yard performance, against a team that was paying little attention in stopping bigBenny! Especially after they lose by 31 points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hate to break this to you true champy, but I think Bill Belichick would of kept Benny if he thought he could of "carried the offense" of this team this off season when he had the money and the chance to do so. He didn't. Let's not soil ourselves over a 90 yard performance, against a team that was paying little attention in stopping bigBenny! Especially after they lose by 31 points.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can honestly say I have never seen a Pats' board so much in delusion as the incessant run faction clique makes this one. It's that small die-hard group that pretty much just haunts this place that has dragged it down down down and reduced it to a joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can honestly say I have never seen a Pats' board so much in delusion as the incessant run faction clique makes this one. It's that small die-hard group that pretty much just haunts this place that has dragged it down down down and reduced it to a joke.

I know. The guy looked good on Monday night and that offensive line he was running behind was huge, but it was one game. Maybe he can be a consistent threat and get himself 1000 plus yards a year, but I doubt it. I really hope he does well because he seemed like a good guy and all, but to me he is the definition of average and the main reason why we threw the ball so much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Members of the "incessant run faction clique include:"

Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, John Madden, Mike Ditka, Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry, George Halas, Paul Brown, Knute Rockne, Don Shula, Bear Bryant, Mike Tomlin, Mike Holmgren and many more... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Members of the "incessant run faction clique include:"

Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, John Madden, Mike Ditka, Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs, Tom Landry, George Halas, Paul Brown, Knute Rockne, Don Shula, Bear Bryant, Mike Tomlin, Mike Holmgren and many more... 

Pretty sure none of those folks think Rushing is the end-all-be-all.

Only an incessant few feel that way.  Not naming names but you know who you are.

Think they might also take into account a great passing game (QB), ST and a defense.

Didn't Parcells just have a conversation with BB, telling him to get his D back to the level of the SB years?

Get your D in-line and it opens up a whole new world for your O. TRUTH!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Nobody says rushing is the end all be all, but if you think you don't need it, it will be the end of your playoff hopes.  TRUTH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Nobody says rushing is the end all be all, but if you think you don't need it, it will be the end of your playoff hopes.  TRUTH.

Oh, C'mon woz,

You've made a point all year to elevate the rushing game above all other aspects.  As if rushing 5% more would have magically won every game, every year. Hogwash.

Of course balance is important, but if I had to choose, I'd place rushing about 4th as importance goes, behind passing/D/ST.  

Call it what you will, but it's only one aspect of the Offensive game that helps bolster it.

You can win without it, especially when you have a team like the Pats that use some pass plays as runs.  It's not ideal but it works if you have a strong passer.

You can win with a strong QB and sub par D, Rushing attack, ST 

You can win with a strong D and sub par O and ST.

The only thing you are winning with a strong run game and a sub par QB/ST/D is a #1 draft pick.

That being said, the newfound diversity in all aspects of the game is great, allbeit a small example.  We shall see what happens when and if the Pats get behind (maybe week 3), if it holds up.  That will be the true test.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Pezz, if a team can run than the need to pass becomes an after thought. The ability to run is the best asset to a passer, especially a good play action passer.  The first thing a defense HAS to do is stop the run, otherwise the game is already over for them.  Passing wins you regular season games, a balanced attack wins you championships.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

1st the argument was that we run enough and our offense is fine, then when they realized how ignorant and flat out wrong that was it became, "we don't have the right personnel to run", or the offensive line couldn't run block well enough(despite having 2 probowl guards, and despite having the #6 rushing attack in 2010 after we shipped out Moss). Now it is anything but admitting it was flawed offensive philosophy by an OC who Brady had to rip up in front of millions last year.

Look at what happens when McD comes back..we have full backs on the roster, we have a 3rd,4rth and 5th TE, we ran more then we passed for 1 of the 1st times in years, oh yeah with an O-line that was blasted by fans here. When teams start to realize we have committed to the run game Brady will f-ing destroy them with play action! We used shotgun last week the fewest times we have in 3 years of Billy bob Obrien. There is nothing wrong with this guys. Why are you fighting it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

having the #6 rushing attack in 2010 after we shipped out Moss).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And how did 2010 with the spiffy #6 rushing attack work out?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

1st the argument was that we run enough and our offense is fine, then when they realized how ignorant and flat out wrong that was it became, "we don't have the right personnel to run", or the offensive line couldn't run block well enough(despite having 2 probowl guards, and despite having the #6 rushing attack in 2010 after we shipped out Moss). Now it is anything but admitting it was flawed offensive philosophy by an OC who Brady had to rip up in front of millions last year.

Look at what happens when McD comes back..we have full backs on the roster, we have a 3rd,4rth and 5th TE, we ran more then we passed for 1 of the 1st times in years, oh yeah with an O-line that was blasted by fans here. When teams start to realize we have committed to the run game Brady will f-ing destroy them with play action! We used shotgun last week the fewest times we have in 3 years of Billy bob Obrien. There is nothing wrong with this guys. Why are you fighting it?

I think most people would agree we needed more balance. I also think it was obvious that we couldn't run the ball effectively last year - Bill Belichick was aked why they didn't run more last year - he basically said it was because there was no Corey Dillons out there and it didn't give us the best chance to win. To me that's a personell type of issue...not a play calling issue. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I have enough faith in Belichick to assume he knows when to run or if he has the personell to do so. 

I also wouldn't get too excited about our new running game after one game against a lousy football team. If they could get similar results like that over the next 5 weeks, then I'll get excited.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the first and only playoff game against the Jets O'Brien sat Law Firm in favor of Woodhead, predictably because he was better in the passing game.

Benny got the bulk of his carries in the 2nd half after the Pat's offense could do nothing in the first half, not surprisingly we scored our only TD of the game when O'Brien finally had the bright idea to mix the pass and run in together... of course by that point the game was over.  

Probably not the ideal question to ask considering your predetermined viewpoint? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think most people would agree we needed more balance. I also think it was obvious that we couldn't run the ball effectively last year - Bill Belichick was aked why they didn't run more last year - he basically said it was because there was no Corey Dillons out there and it didn't give us the best chance to win. To me that's a personell type of issue...not a play calling issue. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I have enough faith in Belichick to assume he knows when to run or if he has the personell to do so. 

I also wouldn't get too excited about our new running game after one game against a lousy football team. If they could get similar results like that over the next 5 weeks, then I'll get excited.

You are wrong, but you don't even understand what your wrong about. BB didn't say he needs a "Corey Dillion" type back to run the ball. He was asked why he doesn't have a back who gets 300 plus carries and he said he didn't have one on the roster. We have used a platoon  system in every year but the 04 Dillion year so this isn't new. What he said has nothing to do with McD using an offense with variety and Obrien riding Brady's coat tails all the way to a head coaching job of a dead program.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did we do in each of Obriens years of coaching? Why was Woodhead with his 3 ypc average the lead back in the jets post season game? Why didn't we use Benny more when he was averaging over 4 ypc? The answer is because OB just hoped Brady would deliver a win like he had so many times before and didn't do much of anything to have an impact on the game(again) except a negative impact when he kept sending Woodhead up the middle in a draw out of the shotgun.

Sections
Shortcuts