Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And Ridley had runs of 1, 2, 0, -1, -1, -1, 4, -4, 1, 2 on 1st or 2nd downs that's why they call them averages. Not every RB is going to have a breakout run on every carry and cherry picking stats is useless.

Now BJGE was let go because Ridley is a better back that is more explosive, is more likely to stay up when hit, and can squeeze through tighter holes but don't cherry pick stats to try to make your point. Truth is Bolden is essentially BJGE (though we don't know about fumbles) and he is a much cheaper option. BJGE is an average servicable RB and BB obviously felt he could and did find a comparable replacement for cheaper. That doesn't make BJGE a bad RB as you love to claim it just made him replaceable

[/QUOTE]

W r o n g.

Ridley had 1st or 2nd down runs of ; 1, 2, 0, 17, -1, -1, 15, 6, 8, -1, 4, -4, 15, 5, 14, 1, 1, and 2.

That is 4.66 a carry as opposed to BJGE's under 4 per carry under the same circumatances.

His 7 of 18 runs exceeding 4 yards a carry also bests BJGE's 2 of ten measured by the same criteria.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

Dang, looks like Law Firm still got it.  Where is Zbellino to admit he was wrong about him?  

Z is a knowledgeable guy but I never see him admit he is wrong.  He's put down BJGE numerous times, he should step up and apologize.

And zbellino is right about BJGE. That's because zbellino knows the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dang, looks like Law Firm still got it.  Where is Zbellino to admit he was wrong about him?  

Z is a knowledgeable guy but I never see him admit he is wrong.  He's put down BJGE numerous times, he should step up and apologize.

That's not going to happen just like Babe won't ever admit that a more balance, commited, and unpredictable running game will help the team win more games then if Brady throws it 45+ times a game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

And Ridley had runs of 1, 2, 0, -1, -1, -1, 4, -4, 1, 2 on 1st or 2nd downs that's why they call them averages. Not every RB is going to have a breakout run on every carry and cherry picking stats is useless.

Now BJGE was let go because Ridley is a better back that is more explosive, is more likely to stay up when hit, and can squeeze through tighter holes but don't cherry pick stats to try to make your point. Truth is Bolden is essentially BJGE (though we don't know about fumbles) and he is a much cheaper option. BJGE is an average servicable RB and BB obviously felt he could and did find a comparable replacement for cheaper. That doesn't make BJGE a bad RB as you love to claim it just made him replaceable

W r o n g.

Ridley had 1st or 2nd down runs of ; 1, 2, 0, 17, -1, -1, 15, 6, 8, -1, 4, -4, 15, 5, 14, 1, 1, and 2.

That is 4.66 a carry as opposed to BJGE's under 4 per carry under the same circumatances.

His 7 of 18 runs exceeding 4 yards a carry also bests BJGE's 2 of ten measured by the same criteria.

[/QUOTE]

again you cherry picked runs so I did the same and said I did so I wasn't wrong. If you look at only a small portion of data you can make it turn out to be anything you want. That's why there are averages and average BJGE had a great night.

BTW I would take BJGE's carries that got 1st downs anyday of the week. If you have a back that can get you a first down on 3rd or 4th down carries that's worth more then a RB who can get good yards on first and second down but not pound it in when you need it (I'm not talking about Ridley here either)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

That's not going to happen just like Babe won't ever admit that a more balance, commited, and unpredictable running game will help the team win more games then if Brady throws it 45+ times a game

[/QUOTE]

I freely admit an effective running game enhances your chances of winning. But running a certain amount simply to say you ran does not necessarily enhance your chances of winning if the running is not being effective.

So, I agree with BB on this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I freely admit an effective running game enhances your chances of winning. But running a certain amount simply to say you ran does not necessarily enhance your chances of winning if the running is not being effective.

So, I agree with BB on this point.

[/QUOTE]

Oh so you are in the OB camp where if it didn't prove effective immediately you stop. Well McDaniels did the opposite as Ridley wasn't effective the first couple of series but McDaniels stuck with it gave him carries and look what happened. Even after a game like the Titans you are still trying to hold onto that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

again you cherry picked runs so I did the same and said I did so I wasn't wrong. If you look at only a small portion of data you can make it turn out to be anything you want. That's why there are averages and average BJGE had a great night.

BTW I would take BJGE's carries that got 1st downs anyday of the week. If you have a back that can get you a first down on 3rd or 4th down carries that's worth more then a RB who can get good yards on first and second down but not pound it in when you need it (I'm not talking about Ridley here either)

````````

No. You said those were his 1st and 2nd down runs. They were not. You were wrong.

Look, you can name call the stats all you like. That won't change the fact BJGE is inconsistent at getting the 4-6 yards you want your run game to get consistently on 1st or 2nd down.

You can second guess BB all you like but he knows on any given series you need that consistent running to deny the opposing defense being able to lean strongly one way because that reduces your success chances dramatically on the game crucial 3rd down plays.

I told you that's why he's gone, and that's why he's gone.  BB could care less what his "average" was. He cared about what kind of a rut BJGE was putting his offense in with too many 3 yard and less runs on 1st and 2nd down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh so you are in the OB camp where if it didn't prove effective immediately you stop. Well McDaniels did the opposite as Ridley wasn't effective the first couple of series but McDaniels stuck with it gave him carries and look what happened. Even after a game like the Titans you are still trying to hold onto that?

``````

W r o n g. Again.

In the first series Ridley ran for over 6 yac. In the second series he was over 5 yac. That's hardly something you're going to abandon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh so you are in the OB camp

``````

No. I'm in the BB camp. I believe he can coach the team better than me or you so I let him do that without thinking I know better than him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And they were runs on 1st and 2nd down I never said they were his only 1st and 2nd down runs did I?

Btw you talk about consistency really? Lets see Ridleys consistent numbers (and I think Ridley is a better back then BJGE and most certainly was this weekend)

1, 17, 2, 0, 17, -1, -1, 15, 8, 6, 8, -1, 4, -4, 15, 5, 1, 16, 1, 2

Yeah those are consistent right?

Babe you just don't want to admit you are wrong here. BTW when did I ever second guess BB? I second guessed OB's play calling last year as EVERYONE has.

Here's some data if you want to cherry pick pieces of infor to make your point.

Negative plays BJGE - 0, Ridley 4
    First Downs/TD's BJGE - 7, Ridley - 9  (pretty close there)
    plays 2 yd or less gained BJGE - 6, Ridley - 10

And that's with BJGE facing the better D in Balt then the Pats with Tenn

You can make data seem anyway that you want if you present it right which is what you do all the time. You don't present data you cherry pick stats that suit your argument. You'd make a horrible scientist or engineer but a great politician.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Oh so you are in the OB camp

``````

No. I'm in the BB camp. I believe he can coach the team better than me or you so I let him do that without thinking I know better than him.

Wait I control BB I didn't know that! I thought I was just a fan posting my thoughts on a forum! I'm sorry everyone it's obviously my fault the Pats haven't won a SB lately because I've been telling BB to do the wrong stuff all along.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And they were runs on 1st and 2nd down I never said they were his only 1st and 2nd down runs did I?

So, you are the actual cherry picker.

Btw you talk about consistency really? Lets see Ridleys consistent numbers (and I think Ridley is a better back then BJGE and most certainly was this weekend)

More consistent than Benny's by quite a bit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Babe you just don't want to admit you are wrong here. BTW when did I ever second guess BB? I second guessed OB's play calling last year as EVERYONE has.

You can make data seem anyway that you want if you present it right which is what you do all the time. You don't present data you cherry pick stats that suit your argument. You'd make a horrible scientist or engineer but a great politician.

I say again - BJGE may have had zero negative runs - but he gave up two sacks when he was kept in to block and allowed blitzers open lanes to the QB - in NE that kind of performance gets you a seat on the bench very quickly. Which is why in NE he was off the field in most passing situations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

So, you are the actual cherry picker.

More consistent than Benny's by quite a bit.

[/QUOTE]

I ALREADY SAID I DID. Wow Babe you need to go back to school and learn how to read

BTW Benny's run chart

Do you know how to calculate error means? If you did then you would understand Benny's numbers were much more consistent but not as good over the average then Ridleys. You do know what consistent means right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mia76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say again - BJGE may have had zero negative runs - but he gave up two sacks when he was kept in to block and allowed blitzers open lanes to the QB - in NE that kind of performance gets you a seat on the bench very quickly. Which is why in NE he was off the field in most passing situations.

[/QUOTE]

It was an example to Babe that you can skew data truthfully however you wanted. This was done because Babe loves to skew and pick data that only serve his argument without using the argument as a whole. It was not meant for anything but this purpose as I stated I feel Ridley is the better back and I thought he had a better week too

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was an example to Babe that you can skew data truthfully however you wanted. This was done because Babe loves to skew and pick data that only serve his argument without using the argument as a whole. It was not meant for anything but this purpose as I stated I feel Ridley is the better back and I thought he had a better week too

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry - I guess I lost the thread of the posts - I think both backs are pretty good. I am happy we have Ridley, and I think the decision was mostly $$$ in terms of BJGE and the Pats not chasing him. But I thought BJGE looked absolutely lost when he was asked to protect on pass plays and that may also have weighed in the NE actions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This attack is simply a lie. Pointing out the importance of consistant running on 1st and 2nd down is a football basic, not some attempt to decieve. (Who cares if you get 7 yards on 3rd and 9?) (My career is in science)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mia76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is true. But, I don't think they let him go based on performance as I think they would have been happy to have him back in a reserve role. However, Ridley was clearly the better back and for the money BJGE was commanding in the open market BB clearly felt he could find a similiar replacement for much cheaper, which he did in Bolden.

BB made the right decision letting BJGE walk. He saved a bunch of money and is getting better performance out of Ridley as a lead back. I don't think you could argue that at all. What I think I'm arguing with Babe is that BJGE was a servicable back when he was with us but underutilized by OB. It is my belief that McDaniels would have used him more effectively and he would have had better numbers overall (closer to his 1000 yd year) under the right system. Babe however, is arguing that no matter what BJGE was a bad back and it wasn't the use of him but the back himself

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry - I guess I lost the thread of the posts - I think both backs are pretty good. I am happy we have Ridley, and I think the decision was mostly $$$ in terms of BJGE and the Pats not chasing him. But I thought BJGE looked absolutely lost when he was asked to protect on pass plays and that may also have weighed in the NE actions.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I ALREADY SAID I DID. Wow Babe you need to go back to school and learn how to read

BTW Benny's run chart

Do you know how to calculate error means? If you did then you would understand Benny's numbers were much more consistent but not as good over the average then Ridleys. You do know what consistent means right?

No need for the attacks. I thought you folks were against that. I don't need to go back to school. I know how to read quite well. I understand the meaning of the word consistent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

This attack is simply a lie. Pointing out the importance of consistant running on 1st and 2nd down is a football basic, not some attempt to decieve.(Who cares if you get 7 yards on 3rd and 9?) (My career is in science)

[/QUOTE]

ROFL your career is science and yet you continue to post misleading facts. Did you work in Harvard?

BJGE had 7 runs resulting in a 1st down or a TD. That number alone is more important then his first down numbers. But, if you want to play it that way. You said he averaged 4yds on 1st and 2nd downs? Well over a 3 down stretch using that average he'd get a 1st down+ every 3 days. What more do you want out of a back then one that can get you a 1st down if you run him 3 times?

BTW how do you say you work in science and can't estimate std dev in you head with a string of whole numbers?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW Benny's run chart

No need for the attacks. I thought you folks were against that. I don't need to go back to school. I know how to read quite well. I understand the meaning of the word consistent.

[/QUOTE]

No need for attacks coming from Babe that consistently attacks other posters. Cute

btw you saying "I let him do that without thinking I know better than him" is an attack on me. It's saying I'm a know it all so please don't claim you don't attack posters in a similiar manner

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BJGE had 7 runs resulting in a 1st down or a TD. That number alone is more important then his first down numbers.

No. What is most important is what your run game consistently gets you on 1st or 2nd down. That sets up your options on 3rd down and good running on those downs poses a greater dilemma to the opposing D on 3rd down.

But, if you want to play it that way. You said he averaged 4yds on 1st and 2nd downs?

I said he averaged under 4 yards on 1st and 2nd downs.

Well over a 3 down stretch using that average he'd get a 1st down+ every 3 days. What more do you want out of a back then one that can get you a 1st down if you run him 3 times?

Actually you only need to average 3.34 yac over 3 downs to get a 1st down. I think it's pretty obvious why this is ludicrous.

BTW how do you say you work in science and can't estimate std dev in you head with a string of whole numbers?

Some specific downs are more important than other downs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No need for attacks coming from Babe that consistently attacks other posters. Cute

btw you saying "I let him do that without thinking I know better than him" is an attack on me. It's saying I'm a know it all so please don't claim you don't attack posters in a similiar manner

Show me where I have attacked anybody since the board reset. You're the one who cries about attacks, then you do it without provocation.

Pointing out that you constantly complain about the running balance BB allows on the team he is boss of isn't an attack. It's pointing out a fact.

25. This post has been removed.