Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Will BJGE stats equal Ridley's tonight?

Why are the same 3 posters gushing over a player on another team who BB thought sucked enough not to even offer a contract too?

I love the guy who has to post the 2 year stats since each year by it's self stinks.  Yes 1700 yards is a desent season and sucks over 2.

I am a Patriot fan and Ridley fan, who by the way had 30% more yards then Maroney lite.  Now s t f u or start posting on a Bungle board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

in your Moss thread you called fans racist, you don't think that's insulting to a lot of people? And don't say you meant it as a small perchentage as you wouldn't have commented that way unless you were refering to some of the reg's

In the post you quoted you clearly called me a know it all you don't think that's insulting?

Remember calling us a " wreteched lot " in the Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?  thread

or " I'm really curious. Because you just seem like an uncontrollable whiner that can't mind your own business and likes to meddle with other people's choices. " from the same thread

or " Stop whining like the crybaby imbecile you are. " from the same thread. It was your first post back!

I didn't even bother going to other threads because I knew that one thread was enough to find an insult. Frankly you could have gotten better but I never bothered checking because of 4 years of history with insulting anyone you disagree with has labeled you and even if you turned a new leaf it's going to take a lot longer then a couple of weeks to prove you've changed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some specific downs are more important than other downs.

[/QUOTE]

You are right about that. Getting a first on 3rd down is much more important then any other down. It's a good thing BJGE got most of his on 3rd and 4th downs huh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the imortal Ben Jarvis Green Ellis's team lost by 31 points. I suppose if they just gave big Benny the ball a few more times they would of won, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

in your Moss thread you called fans racist, you don't think that's insulting to a lot of people? And don't say you meant it as a small perchentage as you wouldn't have commented that way unless you were refering to some of the reg's

I said I suspected racism was possible and did not name any person. HUGE stretch to call that a personal attack.

In the post you quoted you clearly called me a know it all you don't think that's insulting?

W r o n g. Never called you a know it all.

Remember calling us a " wreteched lot " in the Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?  thread

or " I'm really curious. Because you just seem like an uncontrollable whiner that can't mind your own business and likes to meddle with other people's choices. " from the same thread

or " Stop whining like the crybaby imbecile you are. " from the same thread. It was your first post back!

All before the reset.

I didn't even bother going to other threads because I knew that one thread was enough to find an insult. Frankly you could have gotten better but I never bothered checking because of 4 years of history with insulting anyone you disagree with has labeled you and even if you turned a new leaf it's going to take a lot longer then a couple of weeks to prove you've changed

I've only posted here consistently for the last year. And really, I've always treated YOU with kid gloves. Only wozzy, truechamp, laz and Rusty (+ fake Rustys) have been the target of my righteous wrath.

I haven't attacked you on this matter, so why are you resorting to that tactic?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but the imortal Ben Jarvis Green Ellis's team lost by 31 points. I suppose if they just gave big Benny the ball a few more times they would of won, right?

Benny was running from them being behind in the score. A D is always going to lean toward pass defense with a lead like that. So he got some cheap yards since the Ravens were denying the pass. This is pretty basic football stuff here.

Bottom line: Benny runs best when you don't need him. That's why BB sent him off to Bengalville.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You are right about that. Getting a first on 3rd down is much more important then any other down. It's a good thing BJGE got most of his on 3rd and 4th downs huh

Benny got 13 yards when he needed 2 for a 1st down, 12 yards on a 3rd and 1, 6 on a 4th and one. That's over 10 yards a carry when he needed no more than 2 per.

Benny always gets you extra yards when you don't need them. That's the problem with Benny.

Meanwhile 9 out of 12 times on 1st or 2nd down he leaves his team in a lurch getting 3 yards or less.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not with horrendous D (far worse than our 2011 D ever played) and pick 6s.

Cincy was clearly in the game in the 3rd until they collapsed. Nice to know you watched the game. lol

Don't comment on things you know little about.  It's a little hint that might help you in life, Hurlie.

[/QUOTE]
    But isn't great running supposed to help out a defense? That's what you taught us all last year dufus. It's complimentary football!! You know...you hand the ball off to a soon to be hall of fame BJGE and your defense magically gets better and your QB doesn't throw that pick.

Makes sense right? This is what you preached last year...think about that for a second. And when you're done, think about what Ocho Cinco is doing right now...oh and can you spell check this for me when you get a sec? No rush, but I want it done by the morning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mia76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And they were runs on 1st and 2nd down I never said they were his only 1st and 2nd down runs did I?

Btw you talk about consistency really? Lets see Ridleys consistent numbers (and I think Ridley is a better back then BJGE and most certainly was this weekend)

1, 17, 2, 0, 17, -1, -1, 15, 8, 6, 8, -1, 4, -4, 15, 5, 1, 16, 1, 2

Yeah those are consistent right?

Babe you just don't want to admit you are wrong here. BTW when did I ever second guess BB? I second guessed OB's play calling last year as EVERYONE has.

Here's some data if you want to cherry pick pieces of infor to make your point.

Negative plays BJGE - 0, Ridley 4
    First Downs/TD's BJGE - 7, Ridley - 9  (pretty close there)
    plays 2 yd or less gained BJGE - 6, Ridley - 10

And that's with BJGE facing the better D in Balt then the Pats with Tenn

You can make data seem anyway that you want if you present it right which is what you do all the time. You don't present data you cherry pick stats that suit your argument. You'd make a horrible scientist or engineer but a great politician.

I say again - BJGE may have had zero negative runs - but he gave up two sacks when he was kept in to block and allowed blitzers open lanes to the QB - in NE that kind of performance gets you a seat on the bench very quickly. Which is why in NE he was off the field in most passing situations.

[/QUOTE]

I saw the game and you are right he did miss 2 assignments, but BJGE was an above average blocker in the passing game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

BGE is good... Ridley is better... what's the problem here????? NE has a better guy in ridley who is ready to start and carry the load, Cincy offered BGE starter type $, NE would have been dumb to offer equal $ for what would be a backup... hello???

Nobody contests that, the problem many of us have was that OB never committed to a run game. BJGE's 1st game for Bungals against one of the best defense's in the league further proved he could handle a work load, it just wasn't in the game plan. We need balance on offense in order to succeed in the post season and McD is bringing it back! Nobody is upset we let BJGE walk, we're upset we didn't utilize him enough while he was here.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Watch the game and get a clue. BJGE carried the Bungals offense in the 1st half, rushing for 12 carries over 65 yards and a 4rth down td with 20 seconds left, where he RAN OVER Ray Lewis and 3 other defenders for a 6 yard score. Raven lined up in GOAL LINE D. 

2nd half Dalton threw a pick 6 to start it off and then another turn over lead to a blow out. BJGE was the only good thing about the Bungals offense.

Just admit you were wrong like a big boy and stop sounding like resident troll babe parelli.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Why are the same 3 posters gushing over a player on another team who BB thought sucked enough not to even offer a contract too?

I love the guy who has to post the 2 year stats since each year by it's self stinks.  Yes 1700 yards is a desent season and sucks over 2.

I am a Patriot fan and Ridley fan, who by the way had 30% more yards then Maroney lite.  Now s t f u or start posting on a Bungle board.

Perhaps if Bill Obrien had doubled his rushing att's in 2 seasons he would have had 3,400 yards and 48 tds (with zero fumbles) since that is what he was on pace for.

Only with those astronomical stats would you have like him as you have bashed every Pats player who wasn't a HOFer on their way out the door for the past 4 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Perhaps if Bill Obrien had doubled his rushing att's in 2 seasons he would have had 3,400 yards and 48 tds (with zero fumbles) since that is what he was on pace for.

Only with those astronomical stats would you have like him as you have bashed every Pats player who wasn't a HOFer on their way out the door for the past 4 years.

[/QUOTE]

That's completely untrue.  I have bashed only a handful of players all of whom were eventually cut or not resigned by BB

Hobbs
    Maroney
    Wilhite
    Weatly
    That CB from UConn.  I don't even remember the losers name.  Last name begins with a B
    Mckenzie
    Maryweather

I didn't dislike BJGE I just don't think he's that good.  He reminds me of a lite version of Maroney but better.

And currently I'm not sold on DMC or Nink

That's it.  The complete list.  So what's your problem with it?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True Champ wins the debate again.

[/QUOTE]

No. BB wins the debate. BJGE is gone.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots are an excellent team to run behind.  The defense never, ever puts 8 guys on the line unless it's the fourth quarter and the Pats are 3 scores ahead.  Somebody has to stay deep to cover Brandon Lloyd, and then there's Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and blitzing Brady.  Worse for the defense, Gronk is probably the best blocking tight end in the NFL and Hernandez adds a bit to the mix.  Finally, Tennessee simply can't cover any team's wide runs, as a team they're too slow.  Belichick's son could run through the holes in this situation.  Still, Ridley's 6 yards a carry despite no huge gainers is impressive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Watch the game and get a clue. BJGE carried the Bungals offense in the 1st half, rushing for 12 carries over 65 yards and a 4rth down td with 20 seconds left, where he RAN OVER Ray Lewis and 3 other defenders for a 6 yard score. Raven lined up in GOAL LINE D. 

2nd half Dalton threw a pick 6 to start it off and then another turn over lead to a blow out. BJGE was the only good thing about the Bungals offense.

Just admit you were wrong like a big boy and stop sounding like resident troll babe parelli.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Benny carrying the offense wasn't getting them a lot of points.  And their defense was giving up a lot of points.  That almost forced them to throw.  When you're two TDs behind at the end of the third quarter, you almost have to throw.  The pick six occured with just 22 seconds remaining in the third quarter.  It wasn't like they gave up on the run.  They let BJGE carry the offense pretty much through three quarters and had 13 points to show for it.  

A lot of mediocre teams run a lot.  They also lose a lot.  This isn't to say that running is bad.  it's just that it's not a panacea.  If you can run a lot and still score a lot great. If you run a lot and get one TD and two field goals in three quarters, then maybe running a lot isn't enough to win.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see the personal attacks continue unabated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB's x's + o's rushing

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4729723/in-run-game-its-line-own

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB's x's + o's rushing

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4729723/in-run-game-its-line-own

[/QUOTE]

That's a nice video.  The run blocking last week was quite good.  Now that we have access to the coaches film, I've looked at a number of games from last year and don't think the run blocking was consistently good.  A number of the runs where BJGE got stuffed at the LOS or behind were clearly the fault of the O line.  That said, BJGE and Woodhead were also not great at getting those extra yards on their own. It's not like BJGE and Woodhead never got extra yards (they had their good runs), they just didn't do in consistently.  Sometimes a back can bail out the offensive line by getting yards even when the O-line fails on a block.  And, as Belichick points out, when the O-line does do its job, the back can stretch a short gain into a long one.  I think one of the differences between what we saw most of last year and what we saw last week is Ridley's ability to get extra yards--though the offensive line (and particularly the TEs) deserve credit for good blocking. As Wozzy and Champ might say, the improvement in the blocking (especially from the TEs) could very well be the result of McDaniels' renewed emphasis on the running game.  They may be devoting more practice time to blocking rather than receiving and that may be paying dividends. Overall, it's a very promising development.