Will Goodell punish Antonio Pierce?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Will Goodell punish Antonio Pierce?

Antonio Pierce tried to cover up a crime by removing evidence from the scene. He then committed a crime by carrying and transporting an unlicenced firearm between states. The state of NY requires you to license a firearm. NYC requires you to licence it again. To carry a firearm in NYC requires a pair of licenses. You are not allowed to carry a firearm in an establishment that serves alcohol. Then there's the state of NJ & their licensing requirements. He squealed on Plaxico Burress so he was let off the hook. Burress is being punished because he was the main culprit, but Pierce was an accomplice. He was complicit in this crime, along with Giants personel who got the doctor who treated Burress to not report the crime. The doctor was fired, but nothing has been done to the Giants who are clearly involved in an attempted cover-up. Will Goodell do the right thing, or is he going to let another NY team slide on being punished, especially after Pierce has publically expressed no remorse?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Will Goodell punish Antonio Pierce?

My guess is that Cool Hand Plaxico takes the fall for all of this.

Goodell has shown in the past that he has a special place in his heart for New Jersey and there is certainly no pattern of consistency in his response to many and varied infractions of his vague morals legislation.

It's hard for me to imagine Pierce's complicity being swept under the rug, but then, if a guy who makes a snow angel is equally as bad for the league's image as a guy who breaks a chunk of ice over a fan's head . . .

What the heck do I know?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Passedball
    You make an execelent point. RG has been making up his own rules. if he follows his own path. AP should be expecting some sort of action against him by the NFL.. If he doesn't he will be a hipocrit.. AP broke the law.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

According to the people of New York he did nothing wrong when they decided not to indict him.  So Goodell can't punish him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: Will Goodell punish Antonio Pierce?:
    According to the people of New York he did nothing wrong when they decided not to indict him.  So Goodell can't punish him.
    Posted by Kmax

Take it for what it is. We don't know what evidence was suppressed, & possibly in front of Giants fans. Goodell can punish him for violation of the leagues personal conduct clause. He's done it before, so it wouldn't be setting any kind of precedent. It's not like Marvin Harrison's situation where he denies the crime, Pierce admitted to it & is unremorseful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I was going to say who cares when I first came into this thread but after reading your argument the fact that he has shown no remorse for what he did should be what triggers a suspensen. If he had said how sorry he was for breaking the law I would say who cares get over it but he is spitting in the comish's face by saying that he is not sorry. He is almost dearing him to do something. And I find it hard to beleave that if this was teh pats cought in this "cover up" then there would be a huge media coverage of when will the Pats be fined? when will so and so be suspended? So if he does nothing to the player or the team then he is clearly play faverites.....but then again we already knew he did that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: Will Goodell punish Antonio Pierce?:
    I was going to say who cares when I first came into this thread but after reading your argument the fact that he has shown no remorse for what he did should be what triggers a suspensen. If he had said how sorry he was for breaking the law I would say who cares get over it but he is spitting in the comish's face by saying that he is not sorry. He is almost dearing him to do something. And I find it hard to beleave that if this was teh pats cought in this "cover up" then there would be a huge media coverage of when will the Pats be fined? when will so and so be suspended? So if he does nothing to the player or the team then he is clearly play faverites.....but then again we already knew he did that.
    Posted by MVPkilla

No remorse what so ever, & saying he would do it again. He's either a moron or confident that Goodell will not punish him. Whatever happened to teams being responsible for their players actions? Goodell came out & said they would be held accountable for their players actions off the field because the image of the league is hurt every time a player commits a crime. If a team is fined over something like this, they are not going to put up with it anymore. If you knew your employer was going to punish or release you, you would think twice about what you intended to do. Goodell has had no consistency in any thing he does. If you say you're going to do something , do it with consistency, or be labeled a liar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AN0NYM0U5. Show AN0NYM0U5's posts

know what i dont get why dante stallworth who killed a man only gets 24 days in jail, but plexico burress shoots himself in the leg but he could get up to 15 years...i mean stallworth killed a man, o and he was driving under the influence when he killed a man

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The cases are different. For one I agree with you Stallworth got let off easy but with that said they are two very different cases. Stallworth never lied to police, he was up front from teh get go and he was extremely sorry for what he did which can not be said for Plexico. Stallworth was given a good recomondashon (spelt wrong im sure) by the victims family in exchange for money settlement and so teh court took their wishes into consideration and also the fact that had the victim used a crosswalk he would not have been killed. I dont agree with this but thats how they ruled. Plus the gun laws in NY and NYC are insane, you need a permit for a gun inteh state of NY and you need a completely different permit for a gun in NYC so you need to permits. Plus it is against the law to bring a gun into a bar or night club of any sort even if the gun has a permit. Plus he lied to police and tried to cover it up. Stallworth did not plan on hitting a man, it was a traggic mistake and accident but Burress planned on bringing that gun into the night club even though he knew it was against the law which means it was premetitated (spelt wrong lol) crime. Plus the gun was not registered which means he bought it though illegel means like in a back ally some where. Plex put more then one persons life in danger by bringing a gun into a night club. He is lucky he didnt shoot someone by mistake. The cases are very different. Plex got what he deserved and Stallworth got off easy but just because Stallworth got off easy does not mean that what Plex did was any less wrong.

Its like the people who bring up Stallworths name to some how make what Mike Vick did less bad by saying "he killed a human and all Vick did was kill an animal" or "you think a animal life is mor eimportent then a human life" and its all just a BS way to some how make Vick not such a bad guy because in the real they have nothing to do with each other. Yes Stallworth got off easy but Vick still did something extremely wrong and yes Plex didnt kill anyone like Stallworht but what he did was still wrong. All three were wrong and all 3 have no place in the NFL IMO. Invoking one guys name and crime doesnt make teh other guys crime any less wrong. They were all wrong. Vick, Stallworth, and Plex they were all wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

"I am not sorry for how I acted that night," Pierce said Tuesday in his first comments since he faced a grand jury last week. "I'm not sorry for how I responded. I am sorry for putting myself in position that I had to respond the way I had to respond. There's a lot of lessons I learned from this. I've taken them to heart. I've taken them seriously."

Sounds like he was sorry he was caught.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

At the very least you would think he would be facing obstruction of justice.

But really, justice and the law don't really live on the same block.

Or in the same city.

Or even the same time zone.

Or planet.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts