will GOODY take on the MLB concussion policy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

will GOODY take on the MLB concussion policy?

i saw in the mlb today that when a guy is diagnosed with a concussion, it is no longer in the hands of the team doc to decide when he's ready to return to the field. the league gives him online tests and may send an independent or central doc in person to see him. the bottom line is its their decision to make not the team's or theplayers\'s. i think this is a far better system. in baseball, it means an automatic one week time off on average. it puts the onus where it shall be. the team will focus on getting the playa back out there as soon as possible by design or default. the league has every reason to be more maximally cautious and truly put the players' health first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

Re: will GOODY take on the MLB concussion policy?

CC most of my head injuries involve a 1965 buick,a dead cat,and a fat white woman.That is why I dont wear tight pants.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

He may need to as a way of protecting the league from lawsuits and protecting the players from further injury. It may not be popular initially as the NFL has a short season and has few gauranteed contracts so players do not want to miss time. However, impartial evaluation appears to be a necessity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: will GOODY take on the MLB concussion policy?:
    [QUOTE]He may need to as a way of protecting the league from lawsuits and protecting the players from further injury. It may not be popular initially as the NFL has a short season and has few gauranteed contracts so players do not want to miss time. However, impartial evaluation appears to be a necessity.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]I also like the fact there is now a mandatory SEVEN day DL for all diagnosed concussions, retroactive to the time of the hit. I think the NFL needs something like that, just a DL to focus esp on head injuries since they are so much different from other injuries and trauma. During that time, perhaps a team can replace the player or get a special waiver or IR exemption.  

Sections
Shortcuts