Will Julian Edelman get cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Will Julian Edelman get cut?

In Response to Re: Will Julian Edelman get cut?:
    Do you really want to cut Edelman when this might be Welker's last year as a Patriot? 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

I dont think you want to rely on a guy like Julian to take Welkers place if he were to leave.  The dude cant stay healthy and is limited in the routes that he can run, has nowhere near the trust that Wes has w/him, so besides being white, I really dont know why everyone thinks Juilian can be Wes part II.  He is not even close. In punt returns I will give him the nod.  Just because he had a game in the playoffs where he caught alot of balls does not mean he is ready to produce for 16 games and get you 100 balls.  I would rather get a vet wr before I put a struggling former QB out there. 

There are plenty of slot WR's around nowadays and Julian has not shown me enough yet to make Wes expendable.  I believe Wes will get extended right before the season or franchised next year anyway and I do believe Edleman gives you more value than Tate but only by a fraction and because Price has emerged, but both could be cut and I wouldnt shed a tear

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

edleman wont be cut... he is the number one punt returner.. as welker has been doing that less and less.  I just dont see it...

i think they will keep 6 recievers and if you listened to bill he notes that there are more returns later in the season when the weather changes...thats better news for tate... look troy brown didnt really start to establish himslef until about 4 years in so be patient...  you dont want to see that guy beating everyone on the field for someone else...even if it is just punt returns

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Will Julian Edelman get cut? : I dont think you want to rely on a guy like Julian to take Welkers place if he were to leave.  The dude cant stay healthy and is limited in the routes that he can run, has nowhere near the trust that Wes has w/him, so besides being white, I really dont know why everyone thinks Juilian can be Wes part II.  He is not even close. In punt returns I will give him the nod.  Just because he had a game in the playoffs where he caught alot of balls does not mean he is ready to produce for 16 games and get you 100 balls.  I would rather get a vet wr before I put a struggling former QB out there.  There are plenty of slot WR's around nowadays and Julian has not shown me enough yet to make Wes expendable.  I believe Wes will get extended right before the season or franchised next year anyway and I do believe Edleman gives you more value than Tate but only by a fraction and because Price has emerged, but both could be cut and I wouldnt shed a tear
    Posted by JayShizzle45

welker was an undrafted fa that got cut by sandiego.... he had 60 something catches for miami but they traded him to a division rival....who he killed ...since then he has been the best slot reciever in football...

my point is even team management makes evaluation mistakes but not as much in new england... imo he is going to be a good one...so lets see him develop a little more before we give up on him...he has the ability to make people miss...a welker trait...which in imo is an inate ability

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I didn't say Edelman is as good as Welker.  I just think if Welker is gone after this year you need someone with a similar skill set on your roster.  Edelman has performed well when given a chance to play.  I thought he did a nice job in Week 2 of the '09 season at the Jets when Welker was out of the line-up, as well as the playoff game against the Ravens.  He actually reminds me more of Danny Amendola of the Rams, who had a 80+ catch season last year in a spread offense.  I bet Jerry Jones is kicking himself now having let go of Amendola a few years ago and deciding to go with Patrick Crayton instead. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Why do people feel the Extra soft man of glass with the magnesium hands, can somehow be a replacement for Welker ? 

They base this nonsence on one good game in a two year career.  Talk about creative selection and small sample size.  Zoom out boys and what you will see is a below average receiver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Why do people fell the Extra soft man of glass with the magnesium hands, can somehow be a replacement for Welker ?   They base this nonsence on one good game in a two year career.  Talk about creative selection and small sample size.  Zoom out boys and what you will see is a below average receiver.
    Posted by tcal2-

Completely agree. Let's make sure Welker retires a Patriot and be done with it. We all have Taylor Price to look forward to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree w you Shining one and Jcour, I just think time is running out w/Edleman. His best year was the year he was thrown out into the fire and really hasnt shown much since then and last year he dropped all his opportunities literally.  Look I want to be patient as I like what I see when he gets the ball, the problem is he aint gonna be getting the ball here , esp. w/ Wes feeling healthier than ever.

You guys have to realize that regardless of what we think if Brady is not feeling someone he will soon be gone.  Last year at this time Brady was raving about the things Tate could do and how his explosiveness would be on display , and now a year later he is the player that has the highest chance of being cut.  You dont get that long in this league and Edleman is moving forward not backwards IMO

I hear you guys on the punt return thing, but it looks Price can do that every well too, so you do the math....  Price is not getting cut and is not yet a starter so I think he is our returner or a combo of players who could be anyone from a cb to a starter like Wes...  Slater has more value right now to us than Edleman

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

The best point so far that I had forgotten, is that Edelman could be an emergency 4th QB.  With that in mind, maybe Coach will keep him and work some trick plays pitching out to Edelman, who then launches a pass down field.  I love those plays, and don't understand why more teams don't mix it up more.

Why not design one where Brady takes a few steps to one side to supposedly say commands to a lineman, while a surprise snap goes to Edelman, who runs to the opposite side with a pass option to .... ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

For all you guys defending Edelman.  Did you notice that he is injured AGAIN and missed practice all week.  Seriously, this guy just cannot stay healthy.  Even if he makes the team he will be on IR within the first 2 weeks....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatBoard. Show PatBoard's posts

I think Edelman played with a lot of passion in that 09 ravens playoff game which led to good results (for him).  He saw that and has been trying to emulate that kind of play (lot of crazy juking), I think somewhat to his detriment.  When he catches the ball, he always tries to juke or make his defender miss, which is hard to do and usually he doesn't pick up as many yards as he could (he gets tackled at point of catch rather than pick up 2-3 yards if he just goes forward).  Welker has mastered when to go for the homerun juking and when just to dive forward to pick up a few yards.  Part of that is due to youth and inexperience, which is why I think the coaches might stick with him for now. 

I am not sure about Tate - I agree with other posters who have said that Brady isn't a great deep-ball thrower (which causes his receivers having to adjust to make great plays - not a bad thrower by any means, but not great either) and so Tate doesn't have the experience of knowing how to adjust to throws - seems like he just runs and never adjusts.  (Moss was a great adjuster by comparison) I think it's 50/50 on him. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Patsman, you're licking your chops and praying that Edelman gets cut, who do you think you're fooling?  Just like the Philly fraud that comes here cheerleading for his all-hype team, he's always rabbiting about how Haynesworth will get cut.  Wishful thinking on his part.  And yours.  Your intentions are as clear as cellophane. 

Your team could use an Edelman.  And I'm betting that Rex Ryan will have his grubby fingers on the keypad to phone whatever WR gets cut in NE so he can sign him.  It's usually a sign of gamesmanship when teams do that.  But we all know the Jets need bodies to play WR, no debate there.  They're on the phone to Al Toon as we speak.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Yeatman takes Endlemans roster spot. Tate is gone as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Will Julian Edelman get cut? : Sounds great, Phat Rex/McCheaters. You just worry about your own team's health and especially the horrendos depth issues that were on full display on MOnday night. LMAO • Loser -- The Jets offense managed 310 yards, 21 first downs and 16 points against Houston, but New York looked sloppy and had more than its share of penalties and sacks, struggling to find some offensive cohesion throughout the game. True, that really wasn't the Jets attack we'll see in Week 1 of the regular season, but compared to that hated AFC East rival to the north -- who happened to hang up 47 points, six touchdowns and 476 yards against Jacksonville while playing mostly reserves -- the initial gap between New York's and New England's offense was fully on display. Super Bowl dreams don't get derailed in a preseason opener unless your starting quarterback goes down, but the Jets have some corrections to make if they're going to keep the Patriots within sight. Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/08/16/preseason/index.html#ixzz1VPLFG69P
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Sorry Rusty/Moron we are talking about the PATS.  I know you ONLY want to talk about the JETS as you bring them up in EVERY post no matter what the topic is.  Now go back into your room, close the door, stare at your Mark Sanchez Poster and do what you do best....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Patsman, you're licking your chops and praying that Edelman gets cut, who do you think you're fooling?  Just like the Philly fraud that comes here cheerleading for his all-hype team, he's always rabbiting about how Haynesworth will get cut.  Wishful thinking on his part.  And yours.  Your intentions are as clear as cellophane.  Your team could use an Edelman.  And I'm betting that Rex Ryan will have his grubby fingers on the keypad to phone whatever WR gets cut in NE so he can sign him.  It's usually a sign of gamesmanship when teams do that.  But we all know the Jets need bodies to play WR, no debate there.  They're on the phone to Al Toon as we speak.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE:

My team?  Sorry my team is the Pats and I would prefer they keep Price, Slater and Tate over Edelman. 

To bad you have to be like Rusty and bring other teams into the discussion.  I thought we were talking about the Pats but you guys keep wanting to talk about other teams.....or is this Rusty.  My God you almost had me fooled..

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Hey Patsman3/Phat Rex, did you get your copy of GQ yet? lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

No, when I went to the store they said some goofy looking guy with a beard and Burger King crown bought up every single copy.  Go figure....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Will Julian Edelman get cut? :
    Patsman, you're licking your chops and praying that Edelman gets cut, who do you think you're fooling?  Just like the Philly fraud that comes here cheerleading for his all-hype team, he's always rabbiting about how Haynesworth will get cut.  Wishful thinking on his part.  And yours.  Your intentions are as clear as cellophane.  Your team could use an Edelman.  And I'm betting that Rex Ryan will have his grubby fingers on the keypad to phone whatever WR gets cut in NE so he can sign him.  It's usually a sign of gamesmanship when teams do that.  But we all know the Jets need bodies to play WR, no debate there.  They're on the phone to Al Toon as we speak.     Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE: My team?  Sorry my team is the Pats and I would prefer they keep Price, Slater and Tate over Edelman.  To bad you have to be like Rusty and bring other teams into the discussion.  I thought we were talking about the Pats but you guys keep wanting to talk about other teams.....or is this Rusty.  My God you almost had me fooled..
    Posted by Patsman3

let teh jets have tate

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Was Edelman even on the field last night?
    It ain't smelling good for him to make the 53-man roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Was Edelman even on the field last night? It ain't smelling good for him to make the 53-man roster.
    Posted by ConcordWiggin

I thought he was injured . . . tate, price, and edelman were all out because of injury if I'm not mistaken. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

unless tate plays his but of  he may be gone edleman has more vaule sine he can also be an emrgency QB and he plays on ST
    Posted by wolfwood

No offense wolf, I had this same debate w/Rusty last year, but why do you think Edleman is the emergency Qb?

He was a qb at Kent st, who was not a good thrower. I watched his highlights and he ran on almost every play that was not handed off to the runner. There are probably guys on the roster like K.Faulk who are better throwers.  He has not been listed once as the emergency qb since being here and we have 2 good backups who will probably never see the field.  I just dont understand it.  I understand people like what he can do and want him to stick and he may, but it wont be because he can play qb, cuz in the NFL he has been a WR and not a good one either...hasnt been able to see the field lately so im guessing he is gone..but I Dont ever expect him to play Qb here.   Billy B himself would suit up b4 he put him in there

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Hey Jay...  I didn't know the Ohio Hx.  So, your guess may be the same as mine... Edelman may not make the 53-man cut.  ???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

With Farnham cut, maybe Edelman will be a keeper.
    But will Tate be gone?  Will Coach go with the youth of Slater? 
    Has Edelman produced enough to be a keeper?  I hope Edelman stays, but he's not the best bet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Edelman makes it as the punt returner.

Sections
Shortcuts