Will Lucky Bounce Save Josh McDaniels Job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Will Lucky Bounce Save Josh McDaniels Job?

I think it might, because with a home game against the Browns then a road game against Oakland, McDaniels could easily be 3-0 which would take a lot of pressure off of him.  Then it gets ugly games vs. Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, at an underrated Washington team, San Diego, and the Giants.  I can't see Denver winning any of those games as they struggled against the Bengals, they'll probably go 3-8 or maybe the very best 5-6.  He finishes the season with two games against the Chiefs and one game against Oakland.  McDaniels is going to need to win everyone of those games.    

I think the key to McDaniels keeping his job is the play of Kyle Orton.  If Kyle Orton matches Jay Cutler's season (it looks like the Bears won't make the playoffs with Cutler's turnovers and Brian Ulracher out in that tough division with Green Bay and Minnesota) or actually does better.   I think the Bengals win though could be huge down the line.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Will Lucky Bounce Save Josh McDaniels Job?

He had no chance to lose his job this year......usually they give 2 years to a new coach......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The only problem is Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher will be probably returning to football and if Denver wants them as a coach goodbye Josh McDaniels.   But from watching last night's Bears game, I think Cutler will have about 4,000 yards, 25 TDs, but 20 picks, so Denver won't lose sleep over sending Cutler away considering his contract's coming up and they'd have to pay him a boatload.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: Will Lucky Bounce Save Josh McDaniels Job?:
    [QUOTE]The only problem is Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher will be probably returning to football and if Denver wants them as a coach goodbye Josh McDaniels.   But from watching last night's Bears game, I think Cutler will have about 4,000 yards, 25 TDs, but 20 picks, so Denver won't lose sleep over sending Cutler away considering his contract's coming up and they'd have to pay him a boatload.
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

But you think that his job for the next couple of years is safe because of 1 lucky bounce play in his very first game of head coaching?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Wow, what a ridiculously stupid thread!!! First, who ever said his job was in danger?? Second, who said he would lose his job after the FIRST freakin game that a "lucky" bounce had to save it?
    You DO realize that this is Week 1 and not Week 30 ( into Josh's 2nd season ), right??
    Man, this is the bad thing about "everyman blogs/posts/threads". ANYONE, regardless of their stupidity, gets to post!! At least on Sons ofSamHorn (baseball), not just "anyone" can post or start a subject. Only wish they had a "SonsofSamHorn" type of board dealing with the Patriots, this way I don't have to wake up to this type of drivel!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, what a ridiculously stupid thread!!! First, who ever said his job was in danger?? Second, who said he would lose his job after the FIRST freakin game that a "lucky" bounce had to save it? You DO realize that this is Week 1 and not Week 30 ( into Josh's 2nd season ), right?? Man, this is the bad thing about "everyman blogs/posts/threads". ANYONE, regardless of their stupidity, gets to post!! At least on Sons ofSamHorn (baseball), not just "anyone" can post or start a subject. Only wish they had a "SonsofSamHorn" type of board dealing with the Patriots, this way I don't have to wake up to this type of drivel!
    Posted by RedsGhost[/QUOTE]

You are being a little harsh....I was trying to tell him but not in such a mean way....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Man, this is the bad thing about "everyman blogs/posts/threads". ANYONE, regardless of their stupidity, gets to post!! At least on Sons ofSamHorn (baseball), not just "anyone" can post or start a subject. Only wish they had a "SonsofSamHorn" type of board dealing with the Patriots, this way I don't have to wake up to this type of drivel!

Actually, there's always been places where you can read those who are experts and officially authorized to dispense drivel. They're called newspapers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, what a ridiculously stupid thread!!! First, who ever said his job was in danger?? Second, who said he would lose his job after the FIRST freakin game that a "lucky" bounce had to save it? You DO realize that this is Week 1 and not Week 30 ( into Josh's 2nd season ), right?? Man, this is the bad thing about "everyman blogs/posts/threads". ANYONE, regardless of their stupidity, gets to post!! At least on Sons ofSamHorn (baseball), not just "anyone" can post or start a subject. Only wish they had a "SonsofSamHorn" type of board dealing with the Patriots, this way I don't have to wake up to this type of drivel!

Just between you and me (so no one else will read this) - Joshy completely effed up his first offseason and he needs lucky bounces as far as I'm concerned.  Not to lose his job in the first year, but the second. 

The best thing he did was not let Marshall go.  What a decoy.  He is so magnetic that he had 3 defenders on him when Orton (who threw for 140 if you take away the lucky play) underthrew Marshall right into the stone hands of a defender who without fingers and thumbs allowed it to bounce into stokely's waiting palms.  Had Cincy's safety been disciplined enough to play his position, that game would have been over and Denver would have been asking how do we find more yardage on offense?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You got your wish, there is a Patriots area on that site.  Yes there are some crazy posts on this board, but I actually find some of them entertaining.  Let's not forget, this is entertainment.  Watching the games is entertainment.  Participating on this board is entertainment.  I hear your point though, and I agree there are different boards for different folks.  

Now for the SonsOfSamHorn.  I guess that forum is for professional speculators?  Here are some of the topics:

1. Jay Cutler is kind of a jerk.  (hmmm... sounds familiar)
    2. The Madden Curse. (I see what you mean, no nonsense here)
    3. Shawm Merriman arrested for choking girlfriend. (hmmm.... this is new)
    4. 09 J-E-T-S In Sanchez they trust.

Again, I hear your point, but don't be fooled into thinking any fan posting on any board is anything but an uninformed speculator.  Some are just a little less informed and speculate just a bit more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

First off, I'm just making conversation, don't act like I said 9-11 was an inside job, I'm just saying Josh McDaniels started off his career with a win which is huge after the offseason he had.   Let's get a few things straight about Josh McDaniels.

1.  His offseason was chaotic at best.  I'm not even talking Cutler and Brandon Marshall.  The team traded away their first round pick next year which may be in the top 10 for a 2nd round pick.  

2.  There is a good chance this Bronco team wins 7 or less games this season.  Anyone coach in the NFL goes on the chopping block with that record, so starting off the season with good will is huge.  

3.  Ever heard of Lane Kiffin.  Youngest coach, first season, how did that turn out.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

There are a few things to consider. The team he took over went 8-8 last season, and that was after being 8-5. While owners patience is getting short, any fool knows you cannot make a lousy team a competitor in one or even two years. You bring up Kiffen, but he worked for Al Davis. When dealing with that senile old bastid all bets are off! Besides, Bowlen is known for not having a "revolving door" at the HC position. Josh should have at least three seasons to show he's moving the team in the right direction. But to think any coach (again, exempting those hired by Al Davis) would be in jeopardy of losing his job after only one game into his tenure is quite foolish! And though a lot of people seem to think trading Cutler was some big s c r e w up on Josh's part, I suspect if Bowlen was really set against Jay's leaving he would have intervened. I don't think McDaniels has to worry just yet!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Will Lucky Bounce Save Josh McDaniels Job?:
    [QUOTE]I think it might, because with a home game against the Browns then a road game against Oakland, McDaniels could easily be 3-0 which would take a lot of pressure off of him.  Then it gets ugly games vs. Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, at an underrated Washington team, San Diego, and the Giants.  I can't see Denver winning any of those games as they struggled against the Bengals, they'll probably go 3-8 or maybe the very best 5-6.  He finishes the season with two games against the Chiefs and one game against Oakland.  McDaniels is going to need to win everyone of those games.     I think the key to McDaniels keeping his job is the play of Kyle Orton.  If Kyle Orton matches Jay Cutler's season (it looks like the Bears won't make the playoffs with Cutler's turnovers and Brian Ulracher out in that tough division with Green Bay and Minnesota) or actually does better.   I think the Bengals win though could be huge down the line.  
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

Nobody's coaching job is on the line the first game (well maybe if you work for Al Davis). They'll have to stink all season and part of next before he could get fired.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

Cutler wouldn't have been out of Denver unless their owner agreed with the trade.  Don't put all that on McDaniels.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

First off, NFL coach's jobs go on the line from week one all the time.  You don't think Marvin Lewis is on the hotseat after blowing that game or Houston's coach after that beatdown.      

McDaniels will more than likely be back unless a giant meltdown, but my whole point was that lucky bounce took tremendous pressure off McDaniels by getting him his first win.  

The key to McDaniels future is the offense and more importantly the QB play because that's why he got the job to begin with.  He has to prove that he can turn that offense into a team that can score 21 points or more on any given sunday and Kyle Orton can be a a solid 20-28 TD passes, 88 + QB rating passer.   Because if he does that and even if they go 6-10, the owner will be happy and McDaniels will have plenty of job security.    But if the Broncos struggle to put points on the board like they did vs. the Bengals all season long, McDaniels won't be safe. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]He had no chance to lose his job this year......usually they give 2 years to a new coach......
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

Agreed: McDaniels has management on his side 100% after Cutler dissed them, too. The offensive McGenius is making the courageous, hard decisions that needed to be made in Denver. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Congrats to Josh, but let's face facts, the Broncos got a lucky bounce against a really bad team.  I don't expect that to happen often.  And K.C. looked pretty damn good against Baltimore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Is somebody pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to read these posts?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Looks like the Patriots also got a lucky bounce to win.   BB's job is saved, thank God, no one would hire BB if he was available. 

Sections
Shortcuts