Will Mallet ever make it to be the Pats starter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Will Mallet ever make it to be the Pats starter?

Brady might make it intact and extra-competent to age 40 or so, or he might go down permanently on his first play next preseason game.  Like with an old car, you know when something is wrong but otherwise you just don't know how long it will last.  Occasionally you can get 120,000 extra miles and counting out of an old car.

Mallett has the arm strength to beat out Hoyer after his rookie year.  Not that Hoyer isn't a good quarterback.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Will Mallet ever make it to be the Pats starter?:
    [QUOTE]Unless Mallet shows he is markedly superior to Brady, Brady must remain. Any sort of move that has Brady playing for any other team, even for a day, is extremely undesirable from a sentimental, historical and team culture standpoint. When we are talking Brady, we are talking Russell, Williams and Orr here. There will be nothing whatsoever desirable about Tom ever pulling on another team's shirt. It is rather remarkable that such as this can even be contemplated, as we are talking about one guy who is the reigning MVP and a first ballot Hall of Famer, vs, a guy who has done absolutely nothing to this point. Of course such thought stems from the kool-aide swilling Hoodie worship which in its drunken stupor thinks Hoodie is the  key to the success of our recent history.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

re:

"Any sort of move that has Brady playing for any other team, even for a day, is extremely undesirable from a sentimental, historical and team culture standpoint.

When we are talking Brady, we are talking Russell, Williams and Orr here. There will be nothing whatsoever desirable about Tom ever pulling on another team's shirt."

very sober and realistic points

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well let me get out my crystal ball and tell you!

C'mon folks, one half of a preseason game against Jag scrubs and this thread appears.  Give me a break, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.  These kind of threads kill me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]Well let me get out my crystal ball and tell you! C'mon folks, one half of a preseason game against Jag scrubs and this thread appears.  Give me a break, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.  These kind of threads kill me.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

The kid had every reason to fall on his face...instead he looked flawless. He's a big pocket passer w/acannon for an arm. He's also a coach's son, which Bb loves....He fell into our lap & we'll run with it. 2013...Year of the Mallett!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

To quote Bill Parcells "lets not put this kid in Canton yet"

Mallett did look good, but he had all the "tools" to be a good QB from what he did in college.  There have been too many QB's with "million dollar" talent with a "ten cent head" that turned out to be great used car salesmen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I really can't imagine Brady going anywhere.  He's 34 and I believe he could still play at a high level for the next 6-7 seasons.  Mallet will remain for the Pats for the next 3 years before a decision will be made.  I believe that he'll be traded for a 1st round pick before the 2014 season. Any talk of anything happening before that time is just talk.  BB won't give him away and he certainly won't be starting for the Pats (unless Brady is injured).  His value will be maxed out in 3 years.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

If Brady stays when his contract is up, he could have a reduced roll as OC/backup. TB will have to realize the team has to look for the future, and right now the future QB looks to be Mallet. I hope TB doesn't pull at Favre at 38 and decides he wants to play did he is broken down like favre got last year. To me TB retiing at 38 makes sense.