WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER?

i believe kaczur is the blocker beat when brady got blasted last night. he has been the weakest link on that line for atleast the past 2 years. is ryan o'callaghan, hochstein or the big dane Vollmer not ready yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER?

Kaczur was beat, but after, he looked at Koppen with a what gives look. I got the sense that he thought there was a different blocking scheme. In the replay, he goes for the DT before he shifts toward the end but by then he was already beaten.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

He is the weakest link on the line. But he is also the best option at right tackle on the roster right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Mike Reiss said Kaczur has had an excellent training camp.  He's a lock.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

He was the team's best offensive lineman last season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER?:
    i believe kaczur is the blocker beat when brady got blasted last night. he has been the weakest link on that line for atleast the past 2 years. is ryan o'callaghan, hochstein or the big dane Vollmer not ready yet?
    Posted by reg122

I never try to read who screwed up on the field, it's never obvious, besides it's preseason.

A lot of different opinions on this but the starting five OL's are locks, including Kaczur, you'd be hard pressed to find a better starting five in football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I think he's safe.  O'Callahan hasn't been anything special and Vollmer doesn't look quite ready yet judging by last night's game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont like the guy but he has been a starter since his rookie season. He started right off the bat so clearly teh coaching staff likes this kid and knows more then us. But personally I hope he ends up a back up so we can get Vollmer on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Volmer blows.

He got called for holding.

Cut him.

(damn -- my knee-jerk reactions are in mid-season form.  I'm ready to go)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

HaHa you need to chill out my friend. Maybe try a little herbel remedys lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

This is a thread about Kaczur, so Oxycotin would be more in line than the herb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I don't know how he stuck around this long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

He could be in trouble because if he is cut, the Pats save $1.8Mil off the salary cap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

if kaczur was able to start from day one, y not vollmer and others. o'callaghan has been there for a few years now. time to put this dog to sleep. kaczur is the weak link!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER?:
    if kaczur was able to start from day one, y not vollmer and others. o'callaghan has been there for a few years now. time to put this dog to sleep. kaczur is the weak link!
    Posted by reg122

BB, mentioned in the press conference that there was a breakdown on the play.  Kaczur was not at fault, even though, he looked bad.  I heard that Fred Taylor missed a blocking asignment.  Anyhow, I think Kaczur makes the team, however, i'd like to see Volmer emerge.  I think Kaczur has reached his peak already.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BENBREEN. Show BENBREEN's posts

Brady made the blitz adjustment and Fred Taylor did not adjust. Taylor moved up into the middle of the pocket instead of kicking out right to chip the outside rusher. This would have given Kazcur the time needed to get back on his block. After the play Kazcur held his hands up as if to say what happened?

Having said this Kazcur is, in my mind, the weakest link on the line, unless of course you count Stephen Neal's constant absence. Love to see Vollmer or O'Callaghan emerge, or even LeVoir come week 6, but right now it is definitely Kazcur.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER?:
    In Response to Re: WILL NICK KACZUR MAKE THIS ROSTER? : BB, mentioned in the press conference that there was a breakdown on the play.  Kaczur was not at fault, even though, he looked bad.  I heard that Fred Taylor missed a blocking asignment.  Anyhow, I think Kaczur makes the team, however, i'd like to see Volmer emerge.  I think Kaczur has reached his peak already.
    Posted by SmokingJoe

HERE IS AN EXPLANATION FROM REISE"S PEICES

FOXBOROUGH – When Tom Brady was crunched to the turf by Robert Geathers in the Patriots’ 7-6 preseason loss to the Bengals on Thursday, it looked like right tackle Nick Kaczur missed a block.

But as is often the case, there was more to it than that.

Kaczur was asked about the breakdown today at Gillette Stadium.

“It was a communication error on what we were running,” he said in the team's locker room before the Patriots' practice (3:45 p.m.). “Unfortunately, he took a hit on that one, which we never want to see. ... We had a draw and thought we were running the ball. Unfortunately, he held the ball and it was a communication error and that led to him getting hit. I don't want to put blame on anyone. It was a communication error. " (edited 2:10 to add more to quote)

After the game, Bill Belichick had explained that there was a mix-up on the play, but he didn’t specify the root of the breakdown. Still, Belichick’s remarks seemed to hint that it wasn’t simply a blocking miscue, it was about the offense failing to be on the same page.

Yet Kaczur alone seemed to take the brunt of criticism after the game.

“I went home that night, turned on the TV, and they said ‘Nick Kaczur missed a block and [Tom] Brady gets blown up’,” said guard Logan Mankins, tiptoeing around the specific breakdown. “But really it wasn’t Nick’s fault at all.”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Considering that he is close to a contract extension my wild guess says he will make the roster

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

i think that kaczur is the weak link but BB must not think so since he is most likely going to get a contract extension some time in the next few days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blomie. Show Blomie's posts

Maybe in the new contract, he is paying the pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Is it too late for me to vote yes?  I have a feeling he will make the team :^)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

God I hope not. Get rid of this dead weight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeedBru54. Show NeedBru54's posts

So what is going on here???
    Why would the Patriots start contract negotiations with Nick Kaczur??
    What about Wilfork, Seymour, Mankins, Gostkowski?
    Surely they would all be well ahead of Kaczur in line for a contract extension.
    Or does this mean that we wont be seeing most of them in a Patriots jersey after this year????

Sections
Shortcuts