Will Parcells ever get into Pats HOF???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Will Parcells ever get into Pats HOF???

really?

5-11

10-6

6-10

11-5

left town out the back door...

thats HOF worthy for this franchise? please. he was fun in pressers, but otherwise was uneducated with the salary cap, did not run the draft, and had a mediocre 4 year run here. pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

No way!  He not only negotiated with the Jets while we were in the Super Bowl but there are a few other reasons.

1. His record was not that great

2. He wasn't here long enough.

3. The way he coached the fourth quarter of the SB was as if he was throwing the game.  Punting with little time left and down by more than a touchdown was unforgiveable.

NEVER!

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

We could have a separate discussion called Parcells: Myth vs. Reality.

Whether it was myth or reality Parcells name lent credibility to an organization that was struggling for it. The team did turn around and the Patriots became a force to be taken seriously. Sometimes, it is many forces coalescing together that create the turnaround and Bill was certainly a part of it. How much credit goes to him can be debated but we can all agree he was there and did contribute to the atmosphere.

I also think it is his loss that he left and I wonder if he has regrets about it? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For the record, I think he should get in, but not before guys like Law, Willie Mac, Milloy, Faulk and Rodney do. Those guys actually won us Super Bowls while Parcells in his only chance to bring a Lombardi to N.E was preoccupied negotiating with the Jets.

RESPONSE: Parcells turned the Patriots' franchise around...and instilled a winning attitude. If it weren't for him, the Pats would not have gotten BB (Parcells traded BB to the Pats). The guy deserves to be enshrined, and his contributions to the Patriots franchise are much greater than he is given credit for.  

Is it draft day?

RESPONSE: Another gift to the fans from our ever caring Commissioner...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]I agree but would you put Parcells over the plYers I listed?

And let's not pretend it was Parcells idea to trade BB to the Pats. BB quit and joined the Pats and the Jets were awarded a 1st rd pick for it.

[/QUOTE]

Bellichick flaked on the Jets for one reason: he didn't want to follow Parcells

CAN YOU SALSA LIKE VICTOR?

[/QUOTE]

Personally I think he figured out what a joke the Jets owner is

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We could have a separate discussion called Parcells: Myth vs. Reality.

Whether it was myth or reality Parcells name lent credibility to an organization that was struggling for it. The team did turn around and the Patriots became a force to be taken seriously. Sometimes, it is many forces coalescing together that create the turnaround and Bill was certainly a part of it. How much credit goes to him can be debated but we can all agree he was there and did contribute to the atmosphere.

I also think it is his loss that he left and I wonder if he has regrets about it? 

[/QUOTE]

Was that enough to put him in the Patriots HOF? For me guys like Law, Clayborn, Mcginest should definitely be in before him then you have the Harrison, Vrabel types that most likely will get in before him. After that Brady, Belichik and Vince will be eligible which pushes Parcells off possibly 10 years or more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For the record, I think he should get in, but not before guys like Law, Willie Mac, Milloy, Faulk and Rodney do. Those guys actually won us Super Bowls while Parcells in his only chance to bring a Lombardi to N.E was preoccupied negotiating with the Jets.

RESPONSE: Parcells turned the Patriots' franchise around...and instilled a winning attitude. If it weren't for him, the Pats would not have gotten BB (Parcells traded BB to the Pats). The guy deserves to be enshrined, and his contributions to the Patriots franchise are much greater than he is given credit for.  

Is it draft day?

RESPONSE: Another gift to the fans from our ever caring Commissioner...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your reasoning is because some OTHER guy was spectacular (BB)! And Parcells was NOT responsible for him being here in that he was trying to FORCE BB to coach the Jets!

Parcells should never be a consideration. Never.

1. He got the team to ONE SB which not only did we lose but he stabbed the team in the back before the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Geepers Creepers. How is that anything but a BIG negative.

2. He did NOTHING else for the Pats. He stabbed them in the back and then went to a division rival in doing so!

3. He tried to keep BB from becoming the Pats coach. Thanks for nothing Parcells.

I have no idea why this guy is in anyone's conversation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to lioneljoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope BP never gets in. The fact he was in negotiations with a hated rival instead of preparing his team for the Super Bowl speaks volumes about his arrogance and selfishness. It totally negates any good he did before that. If he does get in, I will certainly boo him during his half time speech during the home opener and I am sure I will not be alone. 

[/QUOTE]

YESSSS. YES YES. You are so right. The guy did the team wrong and he didn't do anything special for us. Getting into one SB is no HOF credential.

Selling the team out while preparing to play a SB!? Are you KIDDING ME?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Fairbanks in it?

[/QUOTE]

Or Ray Berry?

[/QUOTE]

For the record:

Parcells 32-32, 2-2 postseason, 1 SB loss

Berry 48-39, 3-2 p/s, 1 SB loss

Fairbanks 46-39, 0-2 p/s*

*includes Ben Dreith game.

In my opinion, Fairbanks was the second best coach the franchise ever had. Great team builder as well. 

[/QUOTE]

You are RIGHT on every point. Every one of them.

And in addition Parcells ratted on the team WHILE preparing for a SB. He should have gone to jail for that. No HOF for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is for people who say no to parcells in HOF ,think like this if Parcells never comes to the Pats and brings BB with him and inteoduced Kraft to Bb maybe Bb never comes here .

[/QUOTE]

THis is for you : Parcells tried to keep BB from going to the Pats. He tried to force BB to take the Jets job. It is like crediting Hitler for Germany being in good shape today. Sorry. Under his watch they got crushed. BB going to the Patriots was not orchestrated by Parcells. And you don't get into the HOF for introducing people to each other. Really. Come on!!!! REALLY!

For introducing to people? Gee, how about BBs mom and dad making the Pats HOF then. Without them BB would not be here either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on MAN

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

After reading my own comments I want to clarify one thing....

NO.

NO NO NO. No soup for him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is for people who say no to parcells in HOF ,think like this if Parcells never comes to the Pats and brings BB with him and inteoduced Kraft to Bb maybe Bb never comes here .

[/QUOTE]

THis is for you : Parcells tried to keep BB from going to the Pats. He tried to force BB to take the Jets job. It is like crediting Hitler for Germany being in good shape today. Sorry. Under his watch they got crushed. BB going to the Patriots was not orchestrated by Parcells. And you don't get into the HOF for introducing people to each other. Really. Come on!!!! REALLY!

For introducing to people? Gee, how about BBs mom and dad making the Pats HOF then. Without them BB would not be here either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on MAN

[/QUOTE]

You come on man the point is was if BB wasnt on Parcells staff here Kraft might have never hired him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I hope not. Let BP find his HOF with another team.  Lots of reasons not to bestow this Patriots honor on Parcells.

Negatives outweigh the positives for me- just don't see him as a Patriot HOF.  And wow - this thread is hard to follow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'd put Mo Lewis in before Parcells

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on MAN

[/QUOTE]

You come on man the point is was if BB wasnt on Parcells staff here Kraft might have never hired him.

[/QUOTE]

So does that imply, because you raised the point in this thread, that it is a possible reason to put Parcells in the HOF? I have to assume yes. And so my response....

NO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Parcells should be in the Benedict Arnold HOF.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

There is such a long list ahead of Parcels, that he probably won't be in for years to come, rightfully so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Gunty's underpants must be pretty well soiled by now after learning about how many Pats fans simply will not not forget Parcell's ego here and how it ruined the potential of a more focused club in SB 31.

It was widely reported that the entire staff and many players were annoyed with primadonna Parcells.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would like to add to the comments by saying:

No No No No.

Just say NO.

Parcells? We don't have to show you no Parcells. We don't have no Parcells. We don't need no stinkin Parcells.

Let me rephrase: Parcells should have to personally apologize to each player and coach and ticket holder and non ticket holding fan, ONE AT A TIME, until he has apologized to everyone. And then he should be banned for life. After that his name could be raised but only in those years when there is only enough room for others. And then only in the dead of night and in the most hushed tones. And only when there will be no witnesses. And only if he gives an impassioned plea. But he will be dead (because recall, he was banned for life before he was eligible). So he will unfortunately not be able to meet all the necessary criteria.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

really?

5-11

10-6

6-10

11-5

left town out the back door...

thats HOF worthy for this franchise? please. he was fun in pressers, but otherwise was uneducated with the salary cap, did not run the draft, and had a mediocre 4 year run here. pass.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

When put like this how can anybody disagree? This is truly a polarizing discussion. I am swayed both ways. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

I would like to add to the comments by saying:

No No No No.

Just say NO.

Parcells? We don't have to show you no Parcells. We don't have no Parcells. We don't need no stinkin Parcells.

Let me rephrase: Parcells should have to personally apologize to each player and coach and ticket holder and non ticket holding fan, ONE AT A TIME, until he has apologized to everyone. And then he should be banned for life. After that his name could be raised but only in those years when there is only enough room for others. And then only in the dead of night and in the most hushed tones. And only when there will be no witnesses. And only if he gives an impassioned plea. But he will be dead (because recall, he was banned for life before he was eligible). So he will unfortunately not be able to meet all the necessary criteria.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

lmao! Nice work port!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Parcells was the good, the bad and the ugly.
    the good - He helped bring the Patriots back to being relevant.
    the bad - His 32-32 record. I really thought it was better than that.
    the ugly - the way he left.

Chuck Fairbanks was both coach and GM. His star picks,
    John Hannah
    Sam Cunningham
    Steve Nelson
    Russ Francis
    Steve Grogan
    Mike Haynes
    Raymond Clayborn
    Stanley Morgan

Hannah and Haynes are in the NFL Hall of Fame and the rest are in the Patriots Hall of Fame except for Francis and Clayborn who should be.

The Patriots were set up for good things but alas the Sullivans were not the Krafts.

Parcells will probably get in because the media loved him here.