Will Patriots Get Lit Up by Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Will Patriots Get Lit Up by Ravens?

Jones going up against Oher will be key.  If Patriots don't get pressure on Flacco...and up beat tempo of their offense...it may be a bad outcome if secondary can't handle their end of the deal.

Will be a very interesting game for a lot of reasons.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Will Patriots Get Lit Up by Ravens?

It'll be a tough game, but I can't see a Belichick coached team getting lit up by anyone...when is the last time someone has blow us out? We have as good a shot at winning this game as the Ravens do...all these games against them have been close. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

You dont worry about the offense? We played a team in the first week that was overrated---they got beat the second week by the Chargers 38-10....We lost last week not because of our defense--but our offense. Terrible play calling, poor execution etc. Now, I watched the Ravens/Eagles game--had the Eagles not turned over the ball THREE TIMES in the red zone they actually would have blown

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

sorry--- the Eagles would have blown out the Ravens if Vick and his running backs didnt cough it up in the end zone three times.  The Pats have to contain Rice--and get after Flacco.  They can stop Rice and I think we have a better rush than last year--like Chatham has said--Flacco is still flacco.  Hand to Rice, Screen to Rice, Dump offs to Pitta the TE, or long bombs to the receivers  that is about it.  They remind me of the 70 Raiders. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sorry--- the Eagles would have blown out the Ravens if Vick and his running backs didnt cough it up in the end zone three times.  The Pats have to contain Rice--and get after Flacco.  They can stop Rice and I think we have a better rush than last year--like Chatham has said--Flacco is still flacco.  Hand to Rice, Screen to Rice, Dump offs to Pitta the TE, or long bombs to the receivers  that is about it.  They remind me of the 70 Raiders. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. I think our defense will disrupt the passing game and contain the running game. I think ridley runs for 100 on the Ravens D as they over commit to flooding the middle of the field. If Brady had hit on a few of his misses last week we would have beat the Cards. We can now game plan without having AH(our most versatile weapon) and not get caught with out pants down. We win by double digits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It'll be a tough game, but I can't see a Belichick coached team getting lit up by anyone...when is the last time someone has blow us out? We have as good a shot at winning this game as the Ravens do...all these games against them have been close. 

[/QUOTE]

The Browns in 2010? Was that a blowout or just a debacle?

Anyway, the next game was a Sunday nighter in Pittsburgh. Best effort of the year. I'm hoping for one of those in Baltimore on Sunday

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Whatever happens, if the Pats can't put up a TD in the first half, it's over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

No worries Bubba. The Patriots are 7-1 all time against the Ravens.

I predict a 23-20 Patriots victory.

Date            Pats   Ravens
    10/06/96     W 46     38
    01/02/00     W 20     3
    11/28/04     W 24     3
    12/03/07     W 27     24
    10/04/09     W 27     21
    01/10/10     L 14      33
    10/17/10     W 23     20
    01/22/12     W 23     20
    09/23/12     W 23     20 (my prediction)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If Ngata is allowed to harass Brady they'll lose. If his uni stays relatively clean I like NE's chances.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Nah, Their defense is too good this year. Much better against the run and the pass early on here and it's pretty obvious. I think we will try and pound the run against the Ravens even if we go down early again which will eat up a bunch of clock. This will keep the game close 'til the end no matter what and we are better than the Ravens so let's hope the offense has their act together this week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Sorry I think the Pats win by 10+. We stuff the run and flacco will have to pass more and we will get the ball via the pick a couple of times. Our offense is going to be less experimental and will have fewer packages and will stay in between the tackles giving Ridley a big game and LLoyd and Brady will finally connect on some deep plays .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its going to be intresting game for me too. What happens if Ravens get Lit up by the Pats? BB's teams always play their best when everybody expects them to lose.

[/QUOTE]

this is one of those games that is very hard to predict.  It's kind of interesting that both the Ravens and Patriots have both experienced missing critical FGs in waning moments of the game, albeit the raven's FG was for a tie....and the Patriots one for a win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, last game I was worried about the Cardinals getting to Brady (for obvious reasons) because it would end up being a low scoring affair.  This week, I'm most concerned about the Patriots ability to get to Flacco. Jones, still unproven for the long term has had two very good games vs. mediocre tackles.   The key matchup for that is Jones vs. Oher.  Oher is above average. So, if Oher can handle Jones w/o double team - that means no pressure on the QB.  No pressure on the QB means more pressure on the secondary to cover.  I have no idea if the secondary is up to the challenge if Jones and the front 7 can't get to Flacco.

Sections
Shortcuts