Will Pats Blow out the Vikings....???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Re: Will Pats Blow out the Vikings....???

In Response to Will Pats Blow out the Vikings....???:
    [QUOTE]It is just me, but the thought of having either Brett Favre (playing hurt) or Tavaris Jackson (somewhat ineffective) playing QB is only going to aid the Patriots. They have some great play makers on both sides of the Ball, but so much depends on the QB ability to read, react, & deliver the ball. I just can't see the Vikings making plays for 4 quarters..... PS: The Vikings like the Colts are a different team when they play on Turf/Outside... Pats 35 Vikings 10
    Posted by KUL00[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Pats have ability to blow out any team in this season unless the young Pats defense create turn over for a touch down like they played the Dolphins a few weks ago.  The Vikings has very good defense unit.  To beat the Vikings the front 4 Pats need to stop Adrien Peterson first so the DBs can cover Percy Harvin and Randy, etc. It will be a closed game.
    PATS 20 Vikings 17.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If you consider a double digit win a Blowout I would say yes. The Vikings are badly injured and Vulnerable on defense more than they were last year. The Pats play good at home as does Brady himself so I would expect a victory to the tune of about 31-21.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Will Pats Blow out the Vikings....???:
    [QUOTE]Don't sleep in Minn this week. I hope Favre plays.  The Pats are all about preparation and film study and there isn't much out there on Tavaris Jackson if he starts.  That could cause some issues.  Not to mention Moss will prob be able to read the "D" a little better. 
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

I think Favre plays but I wouldn't be surprised if Childress pulls him if/when things go south. I think the Vikings will score some points but their defense doesn't scare me like others we've seen this year.I expect to play better at home than we did last week at San Diego. We usually do. I'm cautiously optimistic and will probably bet the Pats this week as long as the line stays under 6.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Theres a real good chance honestly

35-17 sounds about right. Adrian will get his yards and Harvin will be a bit of a problem early on but this team is just too unhealthy for it to be a problem. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Vikes have lost a lot of close ones.  They are still a dangerous team. I would never count them out and a rebound against the Pats is a strong possibility as their back is against the wall. I would look for a close game.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This is a must have game for Minny.  But does anybody think Favre or Jackson has it in them to lead the Vikes past the Pats?  I think the Pats' D will contain the ground game and make Favre beat them.  Favre will start and when the Pats go up  14-0 and he thows an INT his injury will be too much to overcome and he'll tank it, keeping his streak alive and his blood and guts reputation intact. 

As I said earlier, this game is a Win-Win for Favre regardless of the outcome.  If he steps on to the field the ol' warrior will be the talk of the day.  Even if he is awful and throws 3 INTS he will be called a tough guy, and his tough guy rep is about all he has left these days.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Who will have more motivation than Brady to blow up this game. Randy on the other side, Childress bad mouthing Belichick and a sleazy Diva QB  who thinks he's above anyone else in the NFL.

Come on Pats get a big lead and run up the score so "Chilly" can have something more about Bill to whine about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

if they have the chance to blow them out i think they will.  Childress running his mouth about BB wont sit well, which usually results in a beat down

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Stop Peterson first. Make them play catch up force some TOs and get good field position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yes

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

On paper there is one huge mismatch.

New England is adept at forcing turnovers. Minnesota is prone to forcing turnovers. 

Whether or not that translates into  a blowout depends on how well the Pats' offensive line plays, and how well their receivers play. What they cannot have is another first half like last week. Zero offensive output is hard to overcome, even for veteran defenses.

I think one positive is that New England's offense might match up better against Minnie's defense than they do SDs.Minnie has a four man front that emphasizes power rushing. Light has tended to struggle more against speed rushers. Minnie also has corners that play better cover-2 style play. NE can exploit those openings, whereas the SD corners were playing hellacious man cover almost all game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

By my numbers, the Patriots are favored by 10.7 points.  That's blowout territory.  My numbers generally don't reflect any recent injuries, such as to Brett Favre, so add more points as you will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Minnesota hasn't lost by much in any of their games this season. With the Pats being so good at home, and the Vikings being so bad on the road I have the Pats winning another close one 27-20.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Pats have an annoying tendency to stop playing when they get a comfortable lead, which makes blowouts problematic. But given Minnesota's quarterback situation and overall uninspired play, a loss at home to this team would be unacceptable. 24-20 seems about right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I see a 10-point N.E. win about right, perhaps 23-13.  The Vikes may be better than their record (they were robbed against the Packers) and the Pats may be playing lucky, but I think the three keys of Childress provoking the Pats this week, our D knowing how to play Moss, and the Vikes troubled QB situation all make it hard to imagine a Vikes win at Gilette.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sure, 38-14

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Will Pats Blow out the Vikings....???:
    [QUOTE]It is just me, but the thought of having either Brett Favre (playing hurt) or Tavaris Jackson (somewhat ineffective) playing QB is only going to aid the Patriots. They have some great play makers on both sides of the Ball, but so much depends on the QB ability to read, react, & deliver the ball. I just can't see the Vikings making plays for 4 quarters..... PS: The Vikings like the Colts are a different team when they play on Turf/Outside... Pats 35 Vikings 10
    Posted by KUL00[/QUOTE]

If Favre can't run or throw, Jackson might be an upgrade.Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hell no. The Vikings offense isn't a bad offense and the Pats offense seems to be making a habit of making defenses look like the '85 Bears. It'll be close and if Tavaris plays it'll be even closer. The Patriots defense always has a problem with mobile QBs, just look at what Ryan Fitzpatrick did to them. 

24-21 Pats. I hope Chung plays. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I think it will be a very close game and I hope we are on the winning side.