Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coatesfan. Show coatesfan's posts

Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?

I know a lot of people are upset he left the way he did, but he was a big part of the undefeated season in 2007.   I hope the fans show him some recognition when he arrives on Sunday.   I am happy with the new direction of the team, but I have good memories of most of his time here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?

I don't know that I would expect a standing ovation.

Fans will probably be polite if and when he is introduced and then boo him mercilessly during the game.

Which is as it should be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coatesfan. Show coatesfan's posts

Hey, I just wanted to say that I have been reading a lot of all of your posts for the past few years here and feel like I know half of you guys! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I was wondering this very thing yesterday.

If I were able to go to the game, I would applaude him when he is announced.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He'll get a polite ovation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Moss is easily the best WR the Pats have ever had. I might give Troy Brown a standing O based loosely on years of service, but Moss was only here a short time. For the record, I personally would give Coates a standing O. Dude flat out warrants it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?:
    He'll get a polite ovation.
    Posted by croc

about what he deserves

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If it were 2 years from now absolutely but it's to soon for that much love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Hey, I just wanted to say that I have been reading a lot of all of your posts for the past few years here and feel like I know half of you guys! 
    Posted by coatesfan

Welcome to the board coatesfan.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

He gets a standing ovation for all those Super Bowl rings he brought to New England for 10 mil a year.

That is to say, he didnt earn his money, so no ovation necessary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

So Logan Mankins might also get his first ring? Who else - anybody who spend 10 min on the 52 man roster?

I get your point, but a reasonable person should draw the line somewhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

He should get one. He is one of the greatest WR of all time and gave the Pats 3 great years, arguably the best WR over that 3 year period than anyone in football. He played hard, he played hurt, and he wanted to win as much as anyone.

He deserves it. And Pats fans deserve to give him a nice round of applause.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I will put my money on him getting one.  Although he started getting a little freaky this year, he gave us some good memories and I think was pretty well liked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I sold my tickets for this game, but if I were at Gillette, I'd give him an ovation. I think he did a lot for this team while he was here. It's not like when McGinnist returned with the Browns . . . but still he deserves a few claps.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

He should get one. He is one of the greatest WR of all time and gave the Pats 3 great years, arguably the best WR over that 3 year period than anyone in football. He played hard, he played hurt, and he wanted to win as much as anyone. He deserves it. And Pats fans deserve to give him a nice round of applause.
    Posted by 4Adam13

Agree. If only for the 07 season he had. How electric was that year. If not for the miracle catch, he would have a ring. Also, all the Pats players like him. He brought a presence in their locker room and he played hurt. I hope all the fans give him a great ovation. I think they will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

He will get a nice ovation from me, but it will be in the comfort of my own home.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

He can kiss a fat goose in the @$$

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh, I think he does.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Ok 15 second ovation then Chung lays him out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

It'd be disappointing if he doesn't get at least some kind of ovation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

He should get one. Of coarse you'll have the morons who believe BB is really their father who never liked Moss to begin w/. The guy was a top 3 WR for the 3 years he was here , had 50 TDs in 51 games , led the highest scoring O in points while he was here. And lets not forget what he did for 12 , 83 and even the TDs to a smaller extent this year. The idea that he would get anything but is a joke. And if you have any IQ at all , you'll be rooting for Moss this year. The Pats were childish/pety in the way they handled this. They actually traded him before the Mia game and held him w/out a catch out of spite. Hes not hurt , very healthy and only thrown at once in the first half lol ok that makes sense. That game actually showed just how great his is , no rec's and he still pulled coverage for guys like A Hern. / Gronk / 83.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lpelletier. Show lpelletier's posts

The response to his visit here on Sunday will recognize his total body of work as a Patriot.  He had an amazing season in 2007.  He helped in Matt Cassel's development in 2008.  As you hear what is said of him...his knowledge of the game and his talent, and as you remember his 2010 signature catch, the one handed grab in the end zone against the hated Jets, how can we but honor that work with a strong standing ovation. 

I realize he left under something of a cloud.  Randy needed recognition in a way another person might not.  You see that in relationships all the time.  Some go for attention while others go for the background.  I remember when Sally Field won her first Oscar and she said "You really like me?!"  That is what you see in Randy Moss.  It doesn't make him bad.  It makes him who he is.  I wish the Patriots organization had a better handle on that aspect of his personality and a better handle on Logan Mankins personality.  For the most part they treat everyone the same, but everyone is not the same and responds to treatment differently. 

Give Randy his due.  He deserves an ovation like other greats who have been traded away. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Why should I applaud someone from the opposing team?

I'm a Patriots fan, not a Vikings fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Well it's very hard not to admire Randy Moss as a great all time football player. And he was a great Patriot for 3 years. If I were at the game and when they introduced him I'd definitely stand up and applaud for him.

Sections
Shortcuts