Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Re: Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?

and I truly hope he is happy where ever he goes and I wish him the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He should and he will.  Stay classy Pats fans. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Moss contributed a lot to the Pats and showed us that people can overcome the egocentic natures and work toward the greater good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?:
    [QUOTE]Moss contributed a lot to the Pats and showed us that people can overcome the egocentic natures and work toward the greater good.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

For a couple of seasons anyway

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coatesfan. Show coatesfan's posts

I was impressed with most everyone's comments. I guess us NE Fans are not as hard as everyone makes us out to be. 

Just as an aside about Brett Favre.   My first game ( Besides seeing one in the losing end of Grogan years) when Parcells came and the new uniforms, Bledsoe, Coates, etc.  we were playing the Packers with  Brett Favre, Sterling Sharp,etc.    Anyway,  Adam Vinatieri was a rookie that everyone thought Parcells should cut.   With 6 seconds left on the clock Adam kicked wobbly FG and we won!!  It was what got me addicted to seeing a live game once or twice a year ever since!    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In Response to Re: Will Randy Moss get standing ovation this week?:
    [QUOTE] Ok 15 second ovation then Chung lays him out.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
     Best post in a while imo. Stay classy guys, but then the above treatment as described by Evil

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from odessagolfer. Show odessagolfer's posts

I think this is a very interesting question.  He doesn't show up for a couple of games and he states that no one appreciates him.  In Sports as in business, the attitude is:  "What have you done for me lately?"  I am vascillating over whether or not this applies with an athelete that has done a lot for the team, but we never won a title with. 

In 2007, the Pats were destiny's team.  They won games by blowing out opponents and then won games with some luck towards the end of the year.  Moss had an amazing year as did the rest of the team.  Had we won the Super Bowl, I would have no challenges giving him a rightous ovation on Sunday.  However, we didn't win and haven't won a title since he has been here, so now that he is gone, I just wonder how I feel about his return.

Isn't giving him an ovation the same as applauding his first catch or TD against our team?  I don't know for sure, but I am a little convoluted as to how to respond.  Next year or the year after, maybe, but this year, not too sure.

He had a great time here, but he was treated well and paid well for it.  Now he is gone and is the competition.  Is it possible that a rousing ovation would motivate him to play even better than he hopes?  I  don't know, but maybe.

If you think about it, coming here resurrected a fading career for one of the best receivers in the history of the game.  Had he stayed in Oakland, he was toast.  Maybe he would have landed somewhere that he could resurrect himself, but the Pats gave him that chance and he performed as he should.....until this year, which is why is no longer here.

As I write this, I think I wouldn't give him an ovation.  I think that he shouldn't expect one and he gets one it will motivate him.  If the fans don't boo him, as I don't condone that, I think he will just play his game and that will be it.

Remember, he wanted out!  He was in the plans to be here and a part of this team. It was mostly his outbursts and lack of interest that got him traded.

I'm still not sure how I would react, but personally, I think I hope that the response is a cool one and that we shut him down and knock the Vikings out of the stadium.

Normally, I am a pretty stauch supporter of showing appreciation for a players contributions. In this case I am a bit in the middle.

Just a thought!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Don't know, don't care.  Didn't like him much anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

How many rings do we have with Randy? Why does he deserve an ovation, he made MILLIONS here

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I expect a polite ovation, we aren't dirt bag fans and he didn't leave on a bad note so a polite ovation is in order. I will boo him the moment he catches a pass though, opposing team, no matter what player, will be booed by me during the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree with most, he'll get a polite ovation, perhaps a slight mixture of boos. the guy did a nice job while he was here and for the most part kept out of trouble.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Stand up and cheer him, then maybe he'll DROP the ball at a convenient time Then stand up and cheer again!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schillings_Ankle. Show Schillings_Ankle's posts

I wouldn't object to fans giving Randy Moss a standing ovation, but that might be a tad overdoing it.  He deserves an ovation, certainly, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Tom Brady and friends won 3 Super Bowls before Randy Moss or Wes Welker joined the team.  And Deion Branch merely won a Super Bowl MVP award during that same period.  I'd give Moss a loud cheer, and Deion Branch and Tom Brady a standing ovation every game.  Let's appreciate our champions while they're still here.