Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the overall LEADER of the defense? POLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the overall LEADER of the defense? POLL

With tedy now retired, was just wondering who will play the role of leader of the defense. Be it from strength of play or just as the inspirational heart and soul guy or both. i say MAYO is the special sauce that will hold the defense together!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Re: Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the LEADER of the defense? POLL

it will definitely be mayo. he is the miked leader calling all the signals and adjustments for the defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPieman. Show JohnnyPieman's posts

I feel the same way about Jerod Mayo that I felt about Andre Tippet or Curtis Martin. There is something profoundly special about this kid, and whatever it is, it was there from day one.

Adalius Thomas. Richard Seymour. Vince Wilfork. Ty Warren. Shawn Springs. Leigh Bodden. Derrick Burgess. 

When I look at our young players, I think Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, and Darius Butler are going to look back on their rookie season, and being Patriots in general, as being the best things that could have happened to them.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Are one of the local radio stations having a contest to see who can create the most polls in a single day?  How many have we had today?  If we keep up this pace there will be nothing left to ask about anything by week 2 of the season.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the LEADER of the defense? POLL:
    Are one of the local radio stations having a contest to see who can create the most polls in a single day?  How many have we had today?  If we keep up this pace there will be nothing left to ask about anything by week 2 of the season.  
    Posted by carawaydj
    caraway, this is it! going forward, bubbakilla channelling reg122 and commiemoderator will stick ONLY to these types of threads. some of the other stuff gets deleted instantly now, and the others upon reflection, i decided to delete on my own.  this board's leaders have given in to the censors amongst us. thats fine. when the people speak, we must all listen and choose to stay or take your ball and find a new playground. dont worry, come week 2, as with the sox board, WE will all find original material based on facts. rather than speculations and anticipations. 

BTW, can josh mcdaniels come up with his own material? he wears the same bel hoodies, talks in the same cryptic language, descibes an obvious finger injury  as "upper extremity" and what not. wannabes never get respect. he must grow into his own. BTW, with o'connell, amazg how the browns, broncos and lackey jets all jumped on our reject. i m sure the chiefs were thinkg about it too. just sad. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think AD will be the motivational leader of the team. But it's a job Mayo will need to grow into. ILB is the natural choice for the "QB" of the defense. Thomas will provide veteran leadership until Mayo is ready to take over. I don't think it will be long, though. Jerod has shown intelligence and a great work ethic. He should turn out to be the "Bruschi" of the next decade in Foxboro. As far as Seymour goes, with all the FAs coming up, I doubt he'll be here next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

I hope it will be Seymour who steps up, with Mayo & Thomas in the wings . . . obviously we need everyone on D stepping up, but it's going to start with the defensive line and Seymour needs to lead that charge and set a tone as the monster he was a few years back (imo)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

middle linebacker is generally the 'leader' as they are in the middle of all communication and have teh best overall view of the playing field.  Strong safety would be second in line in that thinking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the LEADER of the defense? POLL:
    In Response to Re: Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the LEADER of the defense? POLL : caraway, this is it! going forward, bubbakilla channelling reg122 and commiemoderator will stick ONLY to these types of threads. some of the other stuff gets deleted instantly now, and the others upon reflection, i decided to delete on my own.  this board's leaders have given in to the censors amongst us. thats fine. when the people speak, we must all listen and choose to stay or take your ball and find a new playground. dont worry, come week 2, as with the sox board, WE will all find original material based on facts. rather than speculations and anticipations.  BTW, can josh mcdaniels come up with his own material? he wears the same bel hoodies, talks in the same cryptic language, descibes an obvious finger injury  as "upper extremity" and what not. wannabes never get respect. he must grow into his own. BTW, with o'connell, amazg how the browns, broncos and lackey jets all jumped on our reject. i m sure the chiefs were thinkg about it too. just sad. 
    Posted by bubbakilla

Fair enough.  I'll go with Mayo as the leader, but there are three types of leaders: those who lead with their words, those who lead with their actions, and those who lead with both.  For instance, Troy Brown led with his actions, not his words.  The D needs a leader who does both.  Mayo might be the guy.  BTW, that was not a slam on Troy.  Troy and Teddy are two of my favorite Pats.

Completely concur about Josh MacD.  I'll be slammed for not giving him enough respect, but the guy needed to cook in the oven a few more years before going out on his own.  Everyone needs to start somewhere, but his "somewhere" should have been a few years away.  Heck, he'd still only be 23.  I know I know, BB blessed him, therefore he has to do well right?  Let's ask Romeo and Charlie that.  Kinda strange how the coach who has had the most success is the one guy BB did not bless.  The one guy we all despise; Mangina.  That's just wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Will Seymour, Mayo or Thomas now become the LEADER of the defense? POLL : Fair enough.  I'll go with Mayo as the leader, but there are three types of leaders: those who lead with their words, those who lead with their actions, and those who lead with both.  For instance, Troy Brown led with his actions, not his words.  The D needs a leader who does both.  Mayo might be the guy.  BTW, that was not a slam on Troy.  Troy and Teddy are two of my favorite Pats. Completely concur about Josh MacD.  I'll be slammed for not giving him enough respect, but the guy needed to cook in the oven a few more years before going out on his own.  Everyone needs to start somewhere, but his "somewhere" should have been a few years away.  Heck, he'd still only be 23.  I know I know, BB blessed him, therefore he has to do well right?  Let's ask Romeo and Charlie that.  Kinda strange how the coach who has had the most success is the one guy BB did not bless.  The one guy we all despise; Mangina.  That's just wrong.
    Posted by carawaydj
    great points there per usual. i think i should have qualified things a bit and said "overall leader" from the beginning? with mac, i think part of the problem may be the absolute kind of subservience that belichick and, to a degree, his mentor Bill Parcells appear to require of their subordinates. these guys do not seem (initially anyways) capable of developing their own voice and personlity independent of their more dominant gurus/bosses. unfortunately, they take that bigger than life air with them as they move on, and unfortunately come off as empty suits, wannabes, clones with out the resume, credentials and gravitas that only the long-term successes of their gurus can ever legitimize.

mac just has to tone things down and dial things bak a bit. b more of himself, reflectg his actual status of being a rookie coach without much seasoning (kinda like rex ryan).  mangini had more success for he seemed to already have that independent streak ready to roll. just by how he left bel proves that. bel obviously likewise had that for he left parcells jilted at the alter (remember that press conference that wasnt?). Look at what coughlin had to initially endure and charlie weis too. their rope just seems a bit too needlessly tight. good thing for eric. hope he has some success too, just not against the pats. same eventually with mcdaniels and charlie too. 

Sections
Shortcuts