Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?

Hi,

I was reading up on the Pats' current roster when I came across Crable's name. He's been hurt for two years in a row so I don't know anything about how he plays. He's 6'5" 243 and plays LB. If this guy gets healthy does anyone here think he will contribute and if so will we see him at LB at all this season?

His draft write up said he's from MI where he was a standout his last two seasons, team captain and is close to the top in the school's tackles and tackles for loss records. He could lead and he was very good for MI.

What's up with Shawn Crable?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?

I'd be shocked if he wasn't cut this summer.  That is assuming he makes it out of mini camp without a season ending injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?

Who cares!  Really, if he is able to contribute it will be a bonus...no one knows his potential because he cant stay healthy.  He has size, so it would be nice but im not going to hold my breath and neither should anyone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I will stay positive and say that Crable will have a break out season this year.   He probably play a little DE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

He is the most intreaging player on the Patriots roster partly because Belichick really likes him and second because he actually has potential but this is his last chance he has to show he is ready to play and stay healthy through all the camps... if he stays healthy I think he could be a part of the defensive mix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainstone. Show captainstone's posts

In Response to Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?:
    Hi, I was reading up on the Pats' current roster when I came across Crable's name. He's been hurt for two years in a row so I don't know anything about how he plays. He's 6'5" 243 and plays LB. If this guy gets healthy does anyone here think he will contribute and if so will we see him at LB at all this season? His draft write up said he's from MI where he was a standout his last two seasons, team captain and is close to the top in the school's tackles and tackles for loss records. He could lead and he was very good for MI. What's up with Shawn Crable?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

What's up with Crable?

He stinks on ice, that's what's up with him...and he's another in a growing # of horrible drafts pick by Bill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I refuse to completely knock a guy because he's had bum luck two years in a row.  However, how long can you hold out for a guy?  This is the year he has to prove he's spent the last 2 years doing more than watching the games on TV and that his college days weren't just a fluke.  I'd say right now he has to be filled with determination, hunger, and frustration.  Can he take it to the field?  That is the question and one I am willing to ask rather than just writing him off. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Part of the reason I brough up Crable is because if this guy gets it going then they have a tackling LB in house and won't draft one. He has to play of course but lets assume he comes to camp in shape and impresses the coaches. IF he's good then that would shore up another position and give them flexibility. He's a thumper whereas Guyton runs fast guys down like a game cat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In Response to Re: Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?:
    Part of the reason I brough up Crable is because if this guy gets it going then they have a tackling LB in house and won't draft one. He has to play of course but lets assume he comes to camp in shape and impresses the coaches. IF he's good then that would shore up another position and give them flexibility. He's a thumper whereas Guyton runs fast guys down like a game cat.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

While I refuse to give up hope on this guy, I won't pin all my hopes on him regardless of how he turns up to camp either.  Nor do I think the Pats will.  I still see them aiming high for a pass rusher in the draft and if Crable turns into one too, that's great, they have more depth and options.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Potential is all well and good and I'd love for Crable to stay upright and show us what he can do. But to this point, he has not shown an ability to do that and it would be unwise to rely on him for any meaningful contribution.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

There seems to be a few x factors on this team due to injuries.  If these guys can contribute it helps in so many different ways. 

You have Mckenzie @ ILB
    Crable @ DE/OLB
    Tate @ WR/KR

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure the injury his rookie year wasn't too serious but BB just wanted to put him on IR to kind of "stash" or "redshirt" him. Last season's injury was more serious for sure but again it was one of those he could have come back from in less than 2 months. Lets be positive and give the guy a chance. I'm being cautiously optimistic but either way the Pats must take advantage of the abundance of pass rushing OLB in this draft and select at least one in the early rounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he was a beast at michigan and didn't have issues with his health then, he has gotten extremely unlucky for the past two seasons, belichick obviously has faith in his abilities and must believe that he can be an excellent LB in order for his not to cut him thusfar.  Crable is going to have a breakout year. If we sign Jason taylor he would have the perfect mentor to learn from and become the beast on the OLB that we have always needed.  I think alot of people will be extremely surprised when BB only selects 1 OLB and a DE in this years draft due to the fact that Crable, TBC, Guyton, jason taylor, and woods will be manning that station with only one rookie.  (Guyton will be moved outside with the return of Mckenzie at ILB.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I am guessing its partly health, partly rotation issue. We select 10-12 players every year and sign up some guys like Seau and others. Because of this the number of players goes up north of 80 and to bring it down to 53 is really tough. That's the reason he was red shirted the first year. not sure if thats the case last year or legit health issue. 

As patsfaninsatx said, if these three 

Mckenzie @ ILB
    Crable @ DE/OLB
    Tate @ WR/KR

are as good as advertised (or atleast two of three), we can concentrate on OL, DL, OLB and RB this year and we will be all set. With two more first round picks, we will be retooled for next 5-6 years.

I am seriously think we should move up and concentrate on quality this year than quantity. Because of quantity, we are not able to give guys like crable/McKenzie chance to develop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Will Shawn Crable be healthy this year and can he contribute more than special teams?:

I am guessing its partly health, partly rotation issue. We select 10-12 players every year and sign up some guys like Seau and others. Because of this the number of players goes up north of 80 and to bring it down to 53 is really tough. That's the reason he was red shirted the first year. not sure if thats the case last year or legit health issue.  As  patsfaninsatx   said, if these three  Mckenzie @ ILB Crable @ DE/OLB Tate @ WR/KR are as good as advertised (or atleast two of three), we can concentrate on OL, DL, OLB and RB this year and we will be all set. With two more first round picks, we will be retooled for next 5-6 years. I am seriously think we should move up and concentrate on quality this year than quantity. Because of quantity, we are not able to give guys like crable/McKenzie chance to develop.
    Posted by Bradythebest

I agree.  It seems like NE has a bunch of LB's but only a couple are really any good.  The rest are more of ST players.  I would like to see NE get some quality over quantity as well....as long as he does not pick a TE in the first.

Sections
Shortcuts