Will Smith visits NE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Will Smith visits NE

Per Reiss's blog

don't know toI much about him but I remember some posters brought his name up when he was released--thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Will Smith visits NE

He is coming off an ACL. Kick the tires and see if there is anything left. If he is healthy he is definitely a possibility to give Nink and CJ some needed plays off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I don't know how much he still has left in the tank, but he was extremely durable prior to his torn acl last season.  He can play both 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE and is probably still good for 6 sacks a year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

His last couple of movies were horrible. Well past his prime, hope we don't sign him for too much

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

His last couple of movies were horrible. Well past his prime, hope we don't sign him for too much

He's a dual-threat, though.  His best skill hasn't been utilized recently.  If we can get him to revert back to Gettin' Jiggy With It form, he can be a great add for the vet minimum.

Jiggy   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

He hasn't done anything good since Independence Day.  Hancock was awful.

But in all seriousness, if he's healthy, he could help sub in for Nink and Jones which would be helpful so they don't play 95% of the defensive snaps this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Never hurts to have an extra body in camp.  If he makes the roster, it will be better than Carter. 

I am wondering if Carter Jones can play DE. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

If he could Focus and gain 7 lbs by Independece Day wthout a Hitch, or at least by the time that we travel to the Wild Wild West to play those Bad Boys, The Men In Black, I think that the Winter'z Tale could be titled I Am Legend

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

If he could Focus and gain 7 lbs by Independece Day wthout a Hitch, or at least by the time that we travel to the Wild Wild West to play those Bad Boys, The Men In Black, I think that the Winter'z Tale could be titled I Am Legend

Yes provided he never gets tackled because After Earth his career could be over

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Best we can ask for at this point until the draft. Not looking for him to be a sack machine, rather a viable option for rotation to give starters a rest. Maybe he surprises and has an A.Carter type year when he first came?

He is likely coming on a mininum deal so no biggie. I wanted Idonaja(sp) but this would be something. BB needs someone he trusts. Buchanan and Bequette are gonna be camp fodder and released in August, well def. Bequette, maybe Buchanan gets another shot. Let him learn from a vet and then play more as the season progresses?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Best we can ask for at this point until the draft. Not looking for him to be a sack machine, rather a viable option for rotation to give starters a rest. Maybe he surprises and has an A.Carter type year when he first came?

He is likely coming on a mininum deal so no biggie. I wanted Idonaja(sp) but this would be something. BB needs someone he trusts. Buchanan and Bequette are gonna be camp fodder and released in August, well def. Bequette, maybe Buchanan gets another shot. Let him learn from a vet and then play more as the season progresses?

Agree on Bequette but I wouldn't count out Buchanan at all yet, he's my (very) early sleeper pick to make a solid contribution this year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Agree on Bequette but I wouldn't count out Buchanan at all yet, he's my (very) early sleeper pick to make a solid contribution this year

I agree.  History tells us he will get atleast another year based on Bequette still being here. I thought he looked like a prototype DE, Ripped like a young A.Carter. BB never let him on the field after losing contain ONCE. Thats pretty harsh unless he was making mental mistakes in practice. I just want BB to put his DE's in a rotation. Not really concerned with the who as much as just getting a reliable 3rd DE to rotate in. With our starters logging 99% of snaps, I dont see BB carrying 4 or 5 DE's, for what? So yes, hopefully Buchanan is the answer and we just havent seen it yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I like will smith I think he gives it all each play.. I get worried with the ACL tear, but I would bring him in on low money. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

He is coming off an ACL. Kick the tires and see if there is anything left. If he is healthy he is definitely a possibility to give Nink and CJ some needed plays off.

Right before free agency was to begin, Willie McGinest had mentioned that Will Smith would be a great fit for the Patriots. Though I respect Big Willie's opinion, Smith, at age 33, is likely well past his prime. 

We don't need any more Adrian Wilsons. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Can't hurt to bring him in...he's a vet who has played on a SB winner so he brings that with him as well, something critical ifn they get that far as it pertains to helping in the locker room with the younger D Linemen....If he's healthy he could help and lord knows the current DE's need some rotation help...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Can he be the situational Pass Rusher that would help? Certain situations only, you Pin back his ears and let him fly. Tony McGee was like that years ago, and he was up there in years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Can he be the situational Pass Rusher that would help? Certain situations only, you Pin back his ears and let him fly. Tony McGee was like that years ago, and he was up there in years.

I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility, a lot of people wanted Jared Allen for that purpose--he's 31 and Smith is 32 (albeit coming off an ACL) but thats why he's cheaper

btw--love the Arthur Brown tie-in

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

This would be a guy on the list:

1. Has playoff experience.

2. Has 3-4 experience/was being used in a 3-4 role last year in camp with Rob Ryan before blowing out the ACL.

3. Would need to be ok with a subrushing role and for far less than he's ever made.

Who else is even on the list at this point Russ? I wouldn't mind adding him to the mix, Carter is the obvious comparison but if they could that production out of Smith with the way (I think) this D is gonna shape up...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

As others have said, kick the tires, see if he's got anything and, if not, let him go. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/0acb7f36-0aa8-4f4f-b1a5-fda901e4c401_zps1cd72fb2.jpg

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Smith doesn't appear to be the answer. It's looking more and more like the Pats will use a high, or perhaps their highest pick, on a pass-rusher. They must find a quality guy to spell Nink and Chandler Jones.

Eye on the prize...the Pats must beat Denver. To do that, they must apply some pressure to the aging Horseface.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

According to pro football talk, the Pats are the favourite to sign Will Smith.

Sections
Shortcuts