Will Terrel Owens get picked up by some team or is he done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Will Terrel Owens get picked up by some team or is he done?

I am getting the feeling that just like Marvin Harrison (future HoF blah blah and all that), Terrel Owens is also consigned to go unsigned and then retire. Do you guys feel some team will sign him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: Will Terrel Owens get picked up by some team or is he done?

In all honesty I would love to see the Patriots bring him in, the reason is he would make a very scarey number 2 and make the defenses play him and the number 1 closer giving Laura Maroney the chance to Rumba and Cha Cha Cha even more so he could get an extra 1 yard on his spectacular runs.Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Its not a matter of if , but when someone brings him in. He could be signed right now , but is holding out for the most money he can get. Ive never been a fan , Im a Moss guy , but Im all for anything that helps our team. He clearly has lost a step , but absolutely can still play. All the "hes done" talk is from people being histrionic. Buffalo is barely a NFL , they have no QB , no o-line , Evans is very good , but not close to being a true number one. And thats a big problem because Owens needs to play behind a true 1 and on a good team. He actually was better than Evans last year , who also had a disappointing year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats need a WR, he needs a team. Seems like a match made in... Purgatory. Would love to see the Pats give him a look. The Pats love physical WRs like him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I don't know, would TO be able to come in and be coached by BB, be led by Brady and then be second to Moss? This all comes down to if the Pats are even entertaining the idea and if TO wants to finally mature, fit in with a team and finally want to win more than anything else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He drops a lot of catchable ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

I hate to admit it but TO would be a great fit here.  He would immediately make the running game better and take some pressure off MOss.   TO can go deep or over the middle and he is great at yards after the catch.  The question is will he play for Patriot friendly money $3mil a year.  And will can he keep his mouth at least half shut.  I think that Brady, Belichek and Moss could actually keep him in line.  Just give him a one year deal on the premise if he plays well he can get a MOss type deal, of course that would never happen.   It would give us an explosive offense that would make us competitve while we continue to try to develop all the young players so we can go on another run in a few years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

T.O. will definitely find a team.  The price tag on him is declining by the day so whoever signs him will be getting a bargain (assuming he shuts up like he did in Buffalo last year).  Personally, I can definitely see the Pats taking a serious look at him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HE IS PROBABLY WORTH TALKING TO TO GET AQN INKLING OF WHERE HIS HEAD IS AT,HE REALLY WASN'T HIS USUAL CANCER ON THE BILLS THAN HE HAS BEEN MANY TIMES IN THE PAST.ALSO,HOW MUCH OF HIS GAME HAS WANED TO THE POINT OF HIS BEING JUST A SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE RECEIVER.IN FAIRNESS,HE IS A PHYSICAL PRESENCE AT THE W.R. POSITION.A REAL CONCERN?DO HE AND MOSS JOIN FORCES IN BAD MOUTHING THE PATS HANDLING OF CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS WITH THEIR VETERAN,AN ARGUMENT THAT IS WHOLE LOT TOUGHER TO MAKE AFTER N.E.'S CURRENT OFF SEASON.DOES IT SOUND LIKE I'M SKEPTABLE TO THE MAX ABOUT THIS BEING A TRULY VIABLE OPTION,YES I AM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Vikings? maybe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive never been a fan , I believe theres two types of people in the world , your either a Moss fan or an Owens guy. Moss became my favorite athlete and god like to me when I saw him tear up Ball St. for like 5 TDs. And every football fan has seen that incredible catch/run against Army. He caught a quick out behind the line of scrimmage , went over the middle and hurdled one guy , then ran and gave one more defender a nice stiff arm and sprinted to the end zone. Absolutely incredible! Wow...where was I? Like I said Ive never been a fan because of the way he airs his chit out in public and I respect a guy who shifts blame and takes out his anger on his teamates. But this is not about me or us as fans , its all about the team and whats best for the PATS. Theres not doubt that he still has some juice left in the tank and can still contribute. He was on such a terrible team last year , when Buffalo actually looked like an NFL team last year for about 4 games Owens was there. He needs to be on a good team to have an impact. I think he could be a pretty good number 2 here if he doesnt bring his BS. Hed actually fit in great here at the X position and with the system we run. The more and more I think about it , I like it , its just all that garbage hes known for that worries you. Another reason I think it could work is , say what you want about him , but hes not a dumb person. I think he always knows what hes doing. He has to know this is the end of the road , theres not many for chances out there for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

And, btw, Harrison would've been on a NFL roster if he took a pay-cut, but he didn't want to. T.O. wants a ring, you can question his character and attitude, but you can never question his heart and love for the game. Anyone else remembers the '04 SB? Wasn't there a snowball's chance in Hell that he would play? Harrison, on the other hand, has a ring. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

he has two choices as far as the type of team that signs him...#1... a team that doesn't "need" to have him to be ok like a Patriots, Vikings, Saints for example or a team that is so bad they need all the help they can get...

My thought is maybe KC will take a flyer on him? They need a #2 out there.

Sections
Shortcuts