Will the 4-3 be the base package?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Will the 4-3 be the base package?

Also, I don't know if you guys caught it, but the guys on TV said that Dean Pees wanted to play more 4-3 because he was more familiar with it, said it "raised [their] eyebrows"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Played a 4-3 against the Eagles in the SB.  I think we're gonna see it switched back and forth depending on who we're playing and who's healthy.  Who knows, maybe with Warren, Wright, and Bruschi out they would rather play one less LB and have 2 guys fill Warren's spot.

I'm ready to see Mayo making some plays this year.  You could really see him trying to rip the ball out on the Celek tackle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I'm inclined to agree with carawaydj- I am willing to bet there is no base defense this year (we did a little of this in '05) based on part in what I saw tonight and the personnel we drafted this year, I am going to guess there will be a handful of 3-4 with 60 and 80 protection, 4-3, possibly the occasional 50 (5-2-2) plus 50 gap stunts where you cut the man you are shaded on, and do weak/strong slant stunts that I think they are predisposed towards. Expect to see plenty of loop or cross stunts coming out of the 4-3, as you saw tonight, near the end of the game. And on top of that, a handful of some defense out of left field (e.g., the Colts game from some years back when Dungy was thrown a curve with the five man front DL).

But what we really love about BB is that he is not afraid to throw it all out and go with something unexpected. Remember our first SB where we used the bump and run nickel and dime to disrupt the air coryell system the Rams were using at the time. They did NOT see that coming!

Sections
Shortcuts