Will the front 7 get to Flacco?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Will the front 7 get to Flacco?

Your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Will the front 7 get to Flacco?

If they blitz yes. If they send 4, most likely not nearly enough. Honestly, I don't care as much about sacks as some. I just want to see our front 7 move flacco out of the pocket. He becomes less effective throwing the deep ball. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Exactly...just get him out of the pocket going left and good things will happen. Would like to see the pats overload the right and make flacco go left

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If they can handle rice nd pierce they can throw in some blitz packages. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I hope they do get t him...they need to put some pressure on him.  Even under a little durress, the stupid Flacco comes out.  If they're not getting to him, he can certainly be deadly.  I think Deaderick and Francis will make a couple of big plays today....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If Wilfork can play like he did last week...the week against the Jets...and the regular season game against the Texans...we win this game and the Super Bowl. When he can play like that the whole defense has an easier job and QB's can't do what they want.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No, they won't.  Watch the past two Pats' playoff games...our front four are being held on about 90% of the plays, and a lot of those are in front of the refs.  Only one hold called last game.  Hope I eat these words, but I'm willing to bet they don't call a Ravens hold at all this game. 

Conspiracy or not, the refs and NFL will protect Flacco if it means getting the Harbaughs to the SB.  This will sound odd, but if SF wins the afternoon game, Pats chances of getting an unbiased game are slim.  That's why they really do need to win this one by more than 1 score.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want to see some added pressure on Flacco today!  They need to not allow Flacco to set up to throw the deep ball.  Of course good downfield coverage will help give the D more time to pressure Flacco as he will have to hold the ball a bit longer but as we have seen in the past Flacco tends to just throw the ball up hoping for the Wr to make a play on the ball or looking for a PI call.

But the Patriots D line seems to play different then most D lines.  The Patriots D line tends to have Wilfork or others drop back into a short pass protection which allows less pressure on the QB and don't get a ton of sacks.  So it will be very interesting to see what they do today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

IF BB makes it a priority in the game plan they will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If NE can get a lead they will find it easier. IF Baltimore is operating with an open playbook it might be more difficult. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I agree with the posters whe think he should be flushed and moving to his left. Statistics show Flacco does not throw well moving to his left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to soups' comment:

No, they won't.  Watch the past two Pats' playoff games...our front four are being held on about 90% of the plays, and a lot of those are in front of the refs.  Only one hold called last game.  Hope I eat these words, but I'm willing to bet they don't call a Ravens hold at all this game. 

Conspiracy or not, the refs and NFL will protect Flacco if it means getting the Harbaughs to the SB.  This will sound odd, but if SF wins the afternoon game, Pats chances of getting an unbiased game are slim.  That's why they really do need to win this one by more than 1 score.

I can see them not calling holding for both sides and allowing a wide open passing game but they cannot be too one sided in this day and age too much outside scrutiny. There is a bit of a penalty to NE if they do not call holding at all because NE can already protect pretty well without it and Baltimore struggles.

NE is good enough to overcome whatever the refs brew up.

Also, close game 4th quarter even biased refs will not purposefully decide the game with a bad call. Not to say there won't be one, but in this situation it will be a simple mistake, not a due to any desire to change the game. This is the AFC chanmpionship after all, the NFL does not want any game overshadowed by bad officiating.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

If Wilfork can play like he did last week...the week against the Jets...and the regular season game against the Texans...we win this game and the Super Bowl. When he can play like that the whole defense has an easier job and QB's can't do what they want.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/149305_414521635291300_1360989282_n.png

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Deadrick and Ninkovich are going to see a ton of one-on-one, they have to beat that. Vince and Chandler will see the bulk of the pass protection gameplan, I doubt Birk can hold Vince though. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i wonder if cunnigham will get back out there today. nink really had very few presures last week, and chandler jones looks like he lost his burst before this ankle injury, so i dont expect a lot from him. i always thought scott looked good in his limited plays this year but he looked a step slow last week since his injury, and he was still on the injury report last week. francis was the only one who looked like he had fresh legs, but cunningham should too. i was really surprised he didnt play at all last week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I hope so. It's going to be key to them winning this game.

I am more confident about the offense working fine today. I believe the SFF game was when they finally broke through and discovered that they are capable of overcoming a good QB-pressuring D, and how to do that.

The question today is whether the revamped D is capable of slowing down BAL's O. It all starts with the front 7.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Id say they BETTER, or its trouble. Getting to him early would be huge too. The Pats have the habit of taking it easy on QB's early in the game. Need to crush him right away like they did Sanchez, so he will start doubting himself and make mistakes. Do that, and this game will be a blowout.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

they need to.. the ravens offensive line is good, better than earlier in the season too. the patriots will need to blitz to get pressure imo

Sections
Shortcuts