Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D?

Ughhh. This article states the obvious. And it isn't hasn't been a pretty picture for some time. For those Pats fans who are sticking your fingers in your ears and singing la la la, the D will improve , "it's only week 3, week 4," and on & on.
    The "system" isn't working. What will it take?  Defensive corrdinator of Crenell's caliber would be a start, and then a major player overhaul ASAP. Enough.
    I bow to BB's skill and accomplishments. I salute the Kraft family and am in awe that we have Tom Brady as our QB and an incrediable offense as a whole. Wes Welker for President.
    I don't see us winning championships with the worse D in the NFL.
    Rewind to last year, and the year before.
    But first take a look at this Sunday.
     I pick the PATS to WIN. Worried though.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/woe_that_line_e66USdBFpydBeEw4WcQQ1I

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D?

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

A football game will be played in Foxboro this Sunday, one team will win and one team will lose.  The YETS have their issues and that PATS have theirs.  Having Mangold return will not solve all of the YETS problems and the hole created by the injury to Mayo, raises questions that can't be answered just yet, though it can't be a good thing overall but then we forget that many times in the past that key players have been out with injury and others have come in and done the job, the most recent being Connolly for Koppen and Ridley for Woodhead. .  I don't think anyone has a clue how this one is going to play out.

It is a must win for the YETS.  A loss here puts them squarely behind the eight ball to both the PATS and the Bills and also in terms of their conference record.  It is almost as critical to the PATS.  A loss here puts them in a poor position in the division having already lost to the Bills.  I suspect that the YETS may be more desperate for the W, which gives them motivation.  The PATS for their part will be looking to remove the bad taste in their mouths from the defeat that YETS laid on them in the play-off game last season.  Also in the PATS favor is that the YETS locker room seems to be in disarray, what with problem children Homes, Mason and Burress talking about the OC, the O-line and their QB. in more or less negative terms while not speaking about their own contributions or lack thereof, especially Mason and Burress..  I look forward to this game more than any other I will probably see this year.  I expect the usual, grim, gritty divisional struggle.

Finally, the question asked here is whether the YETS will "feast on the PATS sickly D? They have to score and I note that if you look at the PATS D in the three games exclusive of the Bills, teams have a hard time scoring against the PATS D if they don't have a hard time moving the ball against it. They are also once again winning the turnover battle. Could I wish for a better pass rush and some better secondary play? Sure, absolutely and it would be nice to shut down opposing offenses on third and long but if they can prevent the YETS from scoring,, plus given the efficiency of the PATS offense, I'll take that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Well... If we aren't WWAAAYYY up in Sanchez's grill most of the day he will have success. fact is if sanchez gets comfortable he will do very well. The Pats D has made some very pedestrian QB's look Brady like this year and for several years. Pepper thinks that they have been improving week to week and are close to sealing the deal on getting to the QB. I think we would need to see at least 2 sacks and 8~10 uncomfortable throws against a VERY porous Jets O line even with Mangold back before I am onboard. The Pats pass coverage is really that bad. Most guy's are wide open, and if their not our backs are playing the man and not the ball. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Im seein the whole can.... of woop*ss getting opened

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D?:
    [QUOTE]Im seein the whole can.... of woop*ss getting opened
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing the same can....  it's going to be a long day for the Jets.

Rasi Dowling and Bodden are back at practice....  that is a key upgrade for the defense.

Last years play-off game is still stinging and I fully expect the Pats to take the field with some angry intent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I see this game as a battle of the two sets of lines...whichever DL does the best job determines the victor....As bad as our D has played this year, I have a feeling that with all this Jet talk about how bad our D is (thank you for the bulliten board material Santonio!) the Pats, especially the D line, will be STOKED!

This game will be a vicious, hyper-physical, smashmouth extravaganza. FUN!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

New Jersey's offense doesn't appear to be very good, and it's not unreasonable to suggest that the Pats' "Break But Don't Shatter" defense may be a bit of a remedy for that. Also -- and for those who correctly identify this as a "must win" for the Jests -- leave us not forget that this team has been designed and trained specifically to compete with the New England Patriots above anyone else.

I don't happen to think that they'll be able to hang with Brady & Co., but yes, I think New Jersey will look better on offense in this game than it has in any other this season, with the possible exception of the Jagwire game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Not w/ Dirty Sanchez leading that anemic offense. Pat will score at least another 30+ points and win by at least 10 points!

Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I agree with all that the PATS will come out with everything they have on Sunday.
    And the offense is fearsome.
    I dunno if our defense will get to Sanchez.
    I am worried with Mayo being the latest casuality. Haynesworth a no show.
    Will he ever show?
    And say what you will about the stands the D is able to make.
    The secondary is just awful. There really hasn't been any kind of pass rush or blitz.
    What will BB do with the D the sends out to the field on Sunday?
    What kind of improvement can happen now?
    It takes the whole team to win championships, as everyone knows.
    Yep open the can of PATS whoop this Sunday.
    Not sure if anyone read link to article.
    We all know the D stats. They are sobering to read in enemy territoy.
    Where is the fire in the belly from our D?
    Bring IT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In Response to Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D?:
    [QUOTE] I don't see us winning championships with the worse D in the NFL. Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

GB defence is rated #28, in case you did not notice. Somehow nobody is bitching about their defence. Also, it's a big stretch to call the Pats "D' the worst in the NFL. Are they last in all statistical categories? Would you rather have Kansas City defence?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D? : GB defence is rated #28, in case you did not notice. Somehow nobody is bitching about their defence. Also, it's a big stretch to call the Pats "D' the worst in the NFL. Are they last in all statistical categories?
    Posted by Angel-of-Light[/QUOTE]
    Difference here is the GB defense didn't go as soft on teams once they had a big lead and the offense kept the pedal to the metal.  GB's D is also quite healthy compared to the Pats.  Of course, NO ONE complained about GB running up the score.  When the Pats do the same to the Jets, I am certain we will hear about BB running up the score.  If the Pats did not lose that 21 point lead to Buffalo a couple weeks ago and lost that game, all the pundits will be talking about the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Just the opposite. With Bodden,Dowling,Hernandez,Wright and Fat Albert back the Pats will massacre the Toe lickers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D? : Difference here is the GB defense didn't go as soft on teams once they had a big lead and the offense kept the pedal to the metal.  GB's D is also quite healthy compared to the Pats.  Of course, NO ONE complained about GB running up the score.  When the Pats do the same to the Jets, I am certain we will hear about BB running up the score.  If the Pats did not lose that 21 point lead to Buffalo a couple weeks ago and lost that game, all the pundits will be talking about the Pats.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Aren't you almost glad it happened in a way? I'd rather stay off peoples radar as much as possible. Bad enough so many teams already treat us like there Superbowl macth up(Jets,Bills,Ravens,etc..) I'd rather have the media focus there a$$ kissing on GB and N.O

Not to mention we needed a reminder to run the damn ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

If ever there were a defense for the Jets to get healthy against, it's the sickly group the Patriots will bring into Gillette Stadium here Sunday.

Despite Bill Belichick's alleged defensive genius and the use of an astounding 25 draft picks on that side of the ball since 2007, New England has ranked last in the NFL in total defense by a wide margin all season after being mired near the bottom most of last year, too.

just sayin..actually the NY POST is just saying...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes, I did notice Green Bay is rated #28 in total defense. The PATS are #32, out of 32 teams- deas last. I don't care abour Green Bay, I care about the total picuture for the PATS. The defense is clearly not a strong suit.
    I'd rather the powers that be and the players on the field rediscover Patriots Pride when it comes to defense, and do what their suppose to do.
    Yes our offense is #1. Is it fair for the offense to have to carry every game?
    Can you imagine if we had a defense that was rated #18 or #20  even with the #1 offense? I can.
    Here's the stats thru the first quarter.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

[QUOTE]In Response to Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D? : GB defence is rated #28, in case you did not notice. Somehow nobody is bitching about their defence. Also, it's a big stretch to call the Pats "D' the worst in the NFL. Are they last in all statistical categories? Would you rather have Kansas City defence?
    Posted by Angel-of-Light[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yep there's that JEST green. I'm just sayin "it is what it is". Expect the PATS to bring the big can of whoop ...
    And its going to be a whole lot of fun watching the Jets and Rex try to shut down the Pats offense. Serious weapons there. Everywhere.
    Go PATS!

[QUOTE]If ever there were a defense for the Jets to get healthy against, it's the sickly group the Patriots will bring into Gillette Stadium here Sunday. Despite Bill Belichick's alleged defensive genius and the use of an astounding 25 draft picks on that side of the ball since 2007, New England has ranked last in the NFL in total defense by a wide margin all season after being mired near the bottom most of last year, too. just sayin..actually the NY POST is just saying...
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Just the opposite. With Bodden,Dowling,Hernandez,Wright and Fat Albert back the Pats will massacre the Toe lickers
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

TSWFan will have to set out the first series for his Rex-fetish inference.

Thank God  Wes diddn't say anything this week!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, I did notice Green Bay is rated #28 in total defense. The PATS are #32, out of 32 teams- deas last. I don't care abour Green Bay, I care about the total picuture for the PATS. The defense is clearly not a strong suit. I'd rather the powers that be and the players on the field rediscover Patriots Pride when it comes to defense, and do what their suppose to do. Yes our offense is #1. Is it fair for the offense to have to carry every game? Can you imagine if we had a defense that was rated #18 or #20  even with the #1 offense? I can. Here's the stats thru the first quarter. http://www.nfl.com/stats/team In Response to Re: Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D? :
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

Wish in one hand, take a dump in the other, and see which one tastes the best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Wes will do his talking on the field. Thought he was hilarious last year on the footgate debacle. Would love to know what he's thinking. Better to watch him burn Rex with his play.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D? :  TSWFan will have to set out the first series for his Rex-fetish inference. Thank God  Wes diddn't say anything this week!
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Yes, the Jets will feast on Pats "sickly" D.   But our offense will out score them.  At least at home in what should be good weather.  Zebras behavior will be a wildcard.

Well coached teams with a QB who's willing to dink & dunk can beat our defense like a drum.  BB's defense is built for the majority of not so well coached teams that make mistakes - Miami, San Diego, Oakland. 

Wish Bill would try to put a Ravens-like D on the field.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"3) The Steelers’ offensive line woes have been getting all kinds of press recently. Besides them, which team’s line have you found to be the most painful to watch?"

"Khaled: It’s tough to watch what has become of the Jets, a once-stellar offensive line that has failed to effectively replace Damien Woody or built sufficient depth to cope with injuries...."

"Ben: The Jets. Simply because of how far they’ve fallen in a short space of time. They have gone from the best line in the league to being sub par in just a month having lost only their starting center. It’s almost as if they’ve forgotten that they can run block.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/06/five-analysts-five-questions-2/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yeah the Jets haven't been "all that" this year. Their defense against the run is something the PATS can certainly exploit. They have their own sickly team parts.
    Should be a great game on Sunday. This rivalry is fierce.
    It's pay back time for th PATS.

[QUOTE]"3) The Steelers’ offensive line woes have been getting all kinds of press  recently. Besides them, which team’s line have you found to be the most  painful to watch?" "Khaled: It’s tough to watch what has become of the Jets, a once-stellar offensive line that has failed to effectively replace Damien Woody or built sufficient depth to cope with injuries...." " Ben: The Jets. Simply because of how far they’ve fallen in a short space of time. They have gone from the best line in the league to being sub par in just a month having lost only their starting center. It’s almost as if they’ve forgotten that they can run block. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/06/five-analysts-five-questions-2/
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah the Jets haven't been "all that" this year. Their defense against the run is something the PATS can certainly exploit. They have their own sickly team parts. Should be a great game on Sunday. This rivalry is fierce. It's pay back time for the PATS. In Response to Re: Will the Jets feast on the PATS "sickly" D? :
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

"Wish Bill would try to put a Ravens-like D on the field."

Yes. I'd like to see that too. Without the thug criminals.
    Seymour, Harrison, Bruschi, Law

Not so long ago they played for Bill and the Patriots were incrediable on both sides of the field.

[QUOTE]Yes, the Jets will feast on Pats "sickly" D.   But our offense will out score them.  At least at home in what should be good weather.  Zebras behavior will be a wildcard. Well coached teams with a QB who's willing to dink & dunk can beat our defense like a drum.  BB's defense is built for the majority of not so well coached teams that make mistakes - Miami, San Diego, Oakland.  Wish Bill would try to put a Ravens-like D on the field.  
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts