Will the Patriots running game be useful today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Will the Patriots running game be useful today?

With the Ravens focused on the NE pass attack, is it likely that BB will start another game with effective runs early on, to keep the Ravens honest in their coverage schemes?  It seemed to work perfectly against Denver last week.  If the focus is to stop the TE's, then thier safeties will be pre-occupied, and a couple of big runs could happen early.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Will the Patriots running game be useful today?

i wonder if ridley will even get the ball once today after that fumble last week...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I hope so......The Ravens running D is 2nd to the 49ers........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Our running game has been effective all year. We don't put up gaudy stats but teams can't just play the pass like they could the last couple of years. The efficiency of our running game really enhances options for our passing game. Our TEs who can late release on play action,gives defenses a lot things to check off every down, giving our receivers that split second edge on coverages that that the NFL passing attacks rely on. BB was given much grief over why he was always drafting so many TEs now we see he had a plan to get two TEs like we have now that can block like lineman and run like WRs or be used like traditional H Backs. The guy is a true innovator and football genius

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it's useful every game, now whether it's effective or not is a different matter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I thinkk if it's mixed in during the hurry up it will

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

BB may surprise us!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

well with Ridley Inactive........prob no touches. Too bad. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Does that mean we're not running

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

If the OL can keep Brady upright, we win the game on his arm. The passing game may set up a few timely runs, but trying it early only to have Brady in 3rd and longs is a formula for disaster. The running game stinks and I don't think that Ridley will even be suited up for this one after that fumble last week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In The recent past, the most effective PATS runner against the Ravens has been Woodhead.  We'll see....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Last year when the Pats played the Ravens Woodhead ran for 63 yards on 11 carries. Thats a 5.7 average and he need to be somewhere near that today for the ravens to think about stopping the run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Man Ridley's paying the price for caughing it up.  Hopefully Law Firm, Woody, Faulk, and (perhaps) Hernandez can pick up the slack.  I think we need the "threat" of run - or play action (which I think is a "MUST") will be futile.  Don't want to see the Ravens pinning their ears back and rushing TB - because I don't put it past them to put a cheap shot on TB.  Gonna' be interesting.  GO PATS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Patriots running game be useful today?:
    Man Ridley's paying the price for caughing it up.  Hopefully Law Firm, Woody, Faulk, and (perhaps) Hernandez can pick up the slack.  I think we need the "threat" of run - or play action (which I think is a "MUST") will be futile.  Don't want to see the Ravens pinning their ears back and rushing TB - because I don't put it past them to put a cheap shot on TB.  Gonna' be interesting.  GO PATS!
    Posted by gr82bme

When they put Herny in the backfield, that threat is now quite evident based on what happened in the Broncos game.  This will keep the Ravens guessing.. "will he or won't he get the ball?".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Patriots running game be useful today? : When they put Herny in the backfield, that threat is now quite evident based on what happened in the Broncos game.  This will keep the Ravens guessing.. "will he or won't he get the ball?".
    Posted by agcsbill

Hey agcsbill - hope you're right.  I've been listening to so much opinion, thoughts, predictions from plain old Joes to esteemed "experts."  I'm so darned tired of hearing about this game and to see them play it - LOL :).  GO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

It's a mistake to make Ridley inactive for today's game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I was stunned to see Ridley inactive. Looks like BB doesn't think he's ready for the Ravens strip happy crew on the BIG stage. The Ravens were probably licking their chops hoping he would be the featured back or at least get a lot of carries.

I voted somewhere for him to not get the ball today, seeing how he fumbled in the the last 2 games, but he might've been good to have active, at least for a possible grind it out 4th quarter, if we were protecting a decent lead and trying to pick up 1st downs on the ground against a tired out Ravens D (all wishful thinking) Maybe BJGE is 100% with no more hurtin' toes. I guess BB wanted to simply take him out of the equation entirely. We got a good glimpse of him.

Looks like next year will be his chance to really break out

Who did he activate in his place?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Patriots running game be useful today? : Hey agcsbill - hope you're right.  I've been listening to so much opinion, thoughts, predictions from plain old Joes to esteemed "experts."  I'm so darned tired of hearing about this game and to see them play it - LOL :).  GO PATS!
    Posted by gr82bme

I have avoided listening to the talking heads all day.  They have nothing new to add to what we have heard all week.  The proof in the pudding will be played out starting at 3 and we'll know the result after a few hours.

Sections
Shortcuts