Will the Patriots score 30 points?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Will the Patriots score 30 points?

I think the Ravens' defense will go "all in" on making TB throw underneath.  I think they'll blitz up the middle, at the end, anyway they can.  If TB completes a 5-yard pass, that's fine for them, even if there's a couple of yards YAC.  In essence, I think they "make" TB throw deep and attempt to not give him the time needed for the WR to complete the route.  Of course, they'll try to stuff the run as well.  I hope when we do run it's between the tackles because if we try end arounds/sweeps/etc., they're still good at stretching the field - possible yards lost creating third and 8-12s.  They're probably convinced that they can run the ball better than us and have a more potent deep game (they do have good receivers), so it'll be interesting to see how we'll defend that.  If we can play them neutrally in the STs and turnover battle, and if we go insta-offense hurry-up, I think they're LBs will tire and we may "catch" the DBs on play action for big gains.  If the offensive line plays to its potential and gives TB time/opens up possible big gains on screens, the Ravens D may be tired by mid-way through the 3rd quarter.  We need to start out quick, punch them back in the mouth when they do the same to us, and out-aggress them.  Not a game for "finesse" - smash mouth them right back.  I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I could see us winning by 11-16 points.  I'd certainly not bet on that, but it can be done.  Of course, we could also lose, but I don't see that happening.  If Atlanta can somehow eke out a win over SF, the Pats will be motivated as heck for this game, because to a man, they'd have to think they could stomp a mud-hole in the Falcons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

I think the Ravens' defense will go "all in" on making TB throw underneath.  I think they'll blitz up the middle, at the end, anyway they can.  If TB completes a 5-yard pass, that's fine for them, even if there's a couple of yards YAC.  In essence, I think they "make" TB throw deep and attempt to not give him the time needed for the WR to complete the route.  Of course, they'll try to stuff the run as well.  I hope when we do run it's between the tackles because if we try end arounds/sweeps/etc., they're still good at stretching the field - possible yards lost creating third and 8-12s.  They're probably convinced that they can run the ball better than us and have a more potent deep game (they do have good receivers), so it'll be interesting to see how we'll defend that.  If we can play them neutrally in the STs and turnover battle, and if we go insta-offense hurry-up, I think they're LBs will tire and we may "catch" the DBs on play action for big gains.  If the offensive line plays to its potential and gives TB time/opens up possible big gains on screens, the Ravens D may be tired by mid-way through the 3rd quarter.  We need to start out quick, punch them back in the mouth when they do the same to us, and out-aggress them.  Not a game for "finesse" - smash mouth them right back.  I don't think it'll be a blowout, but I could see us winning by 11-16 points.  I'd certainly not bet on that, but it can be done.  Of course, we could also lose, but I don't see that happening.  If Atlanta can somehow eke out a win over SF, the Pats will be motivated as heck for this game, because to a man, they'd have to think they could stomp a mud-hole in the Falcons.

There's a problem with blitzing Tom Brady -- he hits receivers quickly and scores more points when the defense blitzes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

In response to gr82bme's comment:

There's a problem with blitzing Tom Brady -- he hits receivers quickly and scores more points when the defense blitzes.

True, but if he's only throwing the ball 4-5 yards and they tackle well - they'll live with that.  We don't know yet, if their front four can pressure TB, but if they can't, they'll blitz because they won't have another option.  They'll jam the receivers coming off the line to disrupt the pattern to either get incompletions or INTs at best, minimal YAC at the least.  What other option to they have (unless they jump out to a big lead)?  Of course executing this plan remains to be seen, but I think they'll try.  And I hope TB eats them alive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Texans are a better rush defense than the Ravens by 400 yards this year. 

They are slightly better at pass defense

If we can dismantle the Texans, we will dismantle the Ravens by more, especially after they played a double overtime last week and are travelling both weeks.  Probably a lot of rushes and hurry ups to pummel and gas the Ravens defense early.

Just looking at the Ravens-Broncos play by play and all the 1st and 2nd downs and long, the runs picked up big yards, and the Ravens stepped it up when there was 1-3 yards to go.  If the Patriots can pick up 5-9 yards on a run on first down like the Broncos were, the Ravens will be waving the white flag by halftime.

Pats 38

Ravens 17

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Which half?