Will The Patriots Win Another Superbowl With Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Will The Patriots Win Another Superbowl With Brady?

In response to anonymis' comment:

Fair or not, fans expect/want the Patriots to Win another Superbowl with Brady (or not). And it's not just Patriot/football fans.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/4138047-74/malkin-player-jagr#axzz2VSqrVxz5

"No, this was about these two being the twin-pronged foundation of a team that now has won one Cup in the seven years of the so-called Crosby/Malkin era. Not only is that not good enough for the players almost universally recognized as the best in the world, but it's also starting to get dark outside as far as that era is concerned. Crosby is 25, Malkin 26. They aren't kids anymore. "

I have no idea if the Patriots will win another SB or not. It'd be nice to see, but I wonder.

YES. This year's D will have the deepest, quality talent in a very long time (two deep throughout), which will be huge in mitigating injuries. Our secondary improves to be one of the stronger units in the league this season instead of one of the most suspect. That in itself makes the Pats top 5 favorites alone. The offense has been forced to reduce their level of predictability with WW's departure and you gotta believe BB and his boys have a good strategy to do just that. The ressurrection of our screen packages would be a great use of Ridley's and Vereen's skillset. The offense should be stronger through balance and compliment our vastly improved D really well. Tom begins the season knowing the window closes that much sooner by the end of the season and has a personal goal of getting at least one more in order to go out on top and is likely as motivated/driven as ever. Our return game should see significant improvement from last years poor showing. I say this coming or the next season will bring another title to NE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

"Poor secondary play"? What game did you watch?! Are you insane? Sterling Moore was outstanding! So was Arrington. Cruz did nothing! Nothing!   2 FGs allowed in the second half?  This is bad secondary play?

Can you please articulate what it is you mean by that?  Please?  What on earth?  13 points allowed into the 4th, everyone in the room was thrilled when Brady had the ball in Giants territory or later looking to ice it.

Here's a test to show why you're wrong: Any of the supposed mistakes, the ones that clearly every D creates for itself in a game (penalties, subpar Run D, allowing some points scored, etc), all of that happened in the first half and what was with NE leading 10-9 at the half. If we were getting blown out or down 21-7 at the half, yes, that is "poor secondary play".  1 TD allowed and then an improved 2 FGs for 6 points in the second half, as our hard fought hopes for just a FG on 3 drives in the 4th?  Really, dude?

So, 6 points for the Giants, all we score is 7 in a total of 6 drives?  I am more annoyed that Sterlng Moore or Kyle Arrington had a better game than Tom Brady or Wes Welker.  Mark Anderson played better than our stars on offense. So did Chung!  Yep. Spikes, another. Very good game.

One of these two scenarios is correct:

"Poor secondary play"? What game did you watch?! Are you insane? Sterling Moore was outstanding! So was Arrington. Cruz did nothing! Nothing! 2 FGs allowed in the second half?

OR

Manning 30/40 296 yards  7.4 ypa  1 TD 0 INT 104 rating

Cruz 1 TD

13 second half points (2 FG & 1 TD (88 yard game winning drive)

Which is it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

"Poor secondary play"? What game did you watch?! Are you insane? Sterling Moore was outstanding! So was Arrington. Cruz did nothing! Nothing! 2 FGs allowed in the second half?

OR

Cruz 1 TD

Which is it?

Welcome to the board.

The 2011 Patriots' strength was the passing offense. It's weakness was the pass defense. When the passing offense underachieves and the pass defense doesn't overachieve then the offense gets a pass and the defense gets the blame.

If the offense had scored even a field goal in the final 26:20 of the game then the defense wouldn't have had to let the Giants walk into the end zone with time running out. They would have held them out of the end zone like they did most of the day and won the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Manningham said they had noticed that Chung was cheating on deep sideline routes previously because they were afraid of Cruz and that he had developed a habit of doing it during the year...so they decided to go with that deep route knowing , or at least believing, they could complete the pass because of Chung not playing it correctly...they saved the play for late in the game...and they were right.

Whenever Chung was out on that field for us I absolutely cringed - during that catch in the Super Bowl I was yelling at the TV for Chung to get over there - truthfully he has made many many worse plays than that, but none have hurt so much. Manningham did make a hell of a grab and it was a hell of a throw (of course if Manning had any pressure on him at all in that game things may have been different, but he didn't).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

OR

Cruz 1 TD

Which is it?

Welcome to the board.

The 2011 Patriots' strength was the passing offense. It's weakness was the pass defense. When the passing offense underachieves and the pass defense doesn't overachieve then the offense gets a pass and the defense gets the blame.

If the offense had scored even a field goal in the final 26:20 of the game then the defense wouldn't have had to let the Giants walk into the end zone with time running out. They would have held them out of the end zone like they did most of the day and won the game.

Thanks.  I guess you don't think Sterling or Arrington were as outstanding as Bunker does.   Why do you think they had to let the Giants score?  I recall them having given up many long drives during the game, regardless of points.  Those things are often cumulative.  Regardless, do many here think that the pass D was outstanding?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks.  I guess you don't think Sterling or Arrington were as outstanding as Bunker does.   Why do you think they had to let the Giants score?  I recall them having given up many long drives during the game, regardless of points.  Those things are often cumulative.  Regardless, do many here think that the pass D was outstanding?

Wow you are new here if you don't know who Bunker is. Most here would probably agree with you about the defense.

The Patriots defense let the Giants score because they would have just run out the clock and kicked the game winning field goal. Letting them score gave the Patriots a slim but fighting chance. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d826acb67/SB-XLVI-Can-t-Miss-Play-To-score-or-not-to-score

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Wow you are new here if you don't know who Bunker is. Most here would probably agree with you about the defense.

The Patriots defense let the Giants score because they would have just run out the clock and kicked the game winning field goal. Letting them score gave the Patriots a slim but fighting chance. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d826acb67/SB-XLVI-Can-t-Miss-Play-To-score-or-not-to-score

I see.  I guess that makes sense.  But typically, when you give up a 90 yard drive you didn't let the other team score, they drove the field and scored on you.  If they truely wanted to let them score, it should have been with a little more time to play with.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I see.  I guess that makes sense.  But typically, when you give up a 90 yard drive you didn't let the other team score, they drove the field and scored on you.  If they truely wanted to let them score, it should have been with a little more time to play with.

Good points and this topic has been discussed ad nauseum since the super bowl. I told myself I was not going to talk about it anymore but here I am again. lol

Looks like you'll fit in around here. Keep posting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BunkerSpreckels' comment:

I was talking to my pal, a diehard Jets fan.  He thinks that the Patriots would have won three more superbowls if they had Sanchez at QB because he was better when all he had to do was hand off.  I think that BB could win the next three if Brady stops changing all of the run plays to pass plays.  Now that he doesn't have his binkie, Wessypoo, maybe he won't be so quick to change the called plays.

Right. Poor BB is helpless to stop Brady from sabotaging the dynasty. Imbecile.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

That Giants Punter killed us that day too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Good points and this topic has been discussed ad nauseum since the super bowl. I told myself I was not going to talk about it anymore but here I am again. lol

It just keeps suckin' us all in again.......and again......Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I'm sorry. I was just pointing out that one post of an opinion that Arrington played great.  In all honesty, I don't recall all that many instances in the recent past where the secondary played great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm sorry. I was just pointing out that one post of an opinion that Arrington played great.  In all honesty, I don't recall all that many instances in the recent past where the secondary played great.

No worries. It's my own damn fault. :o)

The poster you replied to, BunkerSpreckels, formerly known as RussGriswold, affectionately known as Rusty, who has curiously disappeared, has been known to post a controversial opinion or two. There is even a thread dedicated to his greatness.
    Ban Rusty Pact

I am one of the few defense apologists here. I don't think they're great but they were only one play from winning the super bowl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   if you look around the AFC, what do you see?

This will sound odd given the relative ease with which Baltimore spanked the Pats in the conference championship last post-season, but I see the Ravens going in the wrong direction. What else have you got?

The Texans . . .    ummmm  . . .   yeah . . .  they look good on paper.

Cincinnati?

The Colts?

There's no realistic reason to believe the Pats can't at least be in the Super Bowl once or twice in the next three or four years (if Brady doesn't spontaneously combust like the proverbial one hoss shay), but matching up with the top teams in the other conference is a horse of a different color (if you don't mind me straining the metaphor).

In a word, no.

They won't.

New England is far to predictable and relies far too heavily on guys who have proven that they can't hack the grind.

Is it just me, or did this team turn into the old Donovan McNabb Iggles when I wasn't looking?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

(oh, hey, look at that . . .  the old sig line is back)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .   if you look around the AFC, what do you see?

This will sound odd given the relative ease with which Baltimore spanked the Pats in the conference championship last post-season, but I see the Ravens going in the wrong direction. What else have you got?

The Texans . . .    ummmm  . . .   yeah . . .  they look good on paper.

Cincinnati?

The Colts?

There's no realistic reason to believe the Pats can't at least be in the Super Bowl once or twice in the next three or four years (if Brady doesn't spontaneously combust like the proverbial one hoss shay), but matching up with the top teams in the other conference is a horse of a different color (if you don't mind me straining the metaphor).

In a word, no.

They won't.

New England is far to predictable and relies far too heavily on guys who have proven that they can't hack the grind.

Is it just me, or did this team turn into the old Donovan McNabb Iggles when I wasn't looking?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!
                                    (oh, hey, look at that . . .  the old sig line is back)

or old colts...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

See no reason why they couldn't.  As with every NFL team who is considered a serious contender for the SB trophy, the Pats have to have the combination of good health, good play and some lucky bounces of the ball to go all the way.  What SB winning team did not have that combination? 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

You do realize that is likely PhatRex looking to pose as a Pats fan to introduce a new Pats board name to wiggle in and out threads, right? Please don't encourage trolls.

He's jealous of the Pats, dude.  His Jets think a way to build a team is to pay two CBs 10 mil per+ and brag about how great you are when you can't even stop the run and get lit up by the better Qbs in the league at the same time. lol

Arrington blows Kylie Wilson out of the water.  Out of the water.   Our secondary was very good in that SB.  Moore and Arrington in particular.  What a shame the 13 points allowed wasn'tn a reality due an offense that simply cannot ice games anymore.  Hopefully, that starts to change now.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Right now all you have to go on is his name and low post count. His posts have given me no reason to think he's PhatRex. Of course it's possible and given this board it's probable but for now he's just a Pats fan from the meadowlands.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Do people live in the meadowlands? I thought it was home only to rats and other vermin.

Sections
Shortcuts