Will the Pats take a TE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Will the Pats take a TE?

Almost every draft Bill B snags a TE. With Crumpler here will there be a TE thats too good to pass up? I'd like another blocking TE to replace Crumpler when its time. Belichick always takes a unexpected pick could a TE be one? And if you are a draft nick how about drop a few names to research.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Re: Will the Pats take a TE?

No but definitely a punter OUT WITH ZOLTAN!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

The Pats did not draft a TE in 07, 08, or 09.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brughj121212. Show brughj121212's posts

No way. OLB, DE, OL, RB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We probably should have with the way Watson played and the FA's we signed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Never say never..... but I doubt it.  The philosophy since the advent of Free Agency has been to target specific guys you like and think fit the system and the need then draft them where you think they provide the most value.  A good example is Volmer.  He didn't all outof the sky, they targeted him and picked up where he was slotted.

That said if they somehow determine a TE is required(and for some reason you can never have enough....remember we had Watson AND Graham, so it could happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Maybe with a comp pick or as a UDFA but with a high pick not a chance. Besides we already have a blocking TE that was on the practice squad last year who we are training to be a OL. Why not see what he can do first

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

not with their draft picks, but i'm sure they might pick up a rookie FA, wouldn't hurt to carry a 4th TE, can use him as a FB too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

No need for a TE.  Crumpler is under contract for the next year and obviously we have Gronk and Hernandez.  Stocked at TE. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

With the problems the Pats had with a WR that cant hold onto passes, I guess Hernandez will become a full time WR. Hernandez doesnt have blazing speed but more than enough to be put into the position, and after the catch reminds me of John Taylor from the 49's in the way he cuts and makes people miss him and great hands.
    I doubt the first 2 rounds will go to a TE, but as with BB drafting, who knows.Yell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

I agree that the Pats will finally draft a low round running back and a low round OLB.The OT might be a middle pick and he will try to trade Merriwether for a quality receiver.

n Response to Re: Will the Pats take a TE?:
    [QUOTE]No way. OLB, DE, OL, RB
    Posted by brughj121212[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Fullback, fullback, fullback... please a fargin fullback!  bring back Sam Gash.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

As unpredictable as BB is, I don't see them taking one earlier than round 4. Maybe Rd 4 to 7 they might if they see someone they like and he can be groomed to take over for Crumpler when he retires. I don't want to speak too early but this is IMO the best group of TE's BB has had since he's been here. All 3 contributed in a big way this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

that tight end group looks even better now.

Sections
Shortcuts