will the real pats fans please stand up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mello71. Show mello71's posts

will the real pats fans please stand up

Can't believe what a bunch of fair-weather fans a lot of you are, including Dan Shaughnessy. Actually I'm not surprised by him. 1 loss folks. By 7 points. On the road. Brady's second game back from major injury. Lots of new personnel. Remember the year they lost 30-0 on opening day to the Bills and went on to win the Super Bowl? I'll stand by this team no matter what, and I will take a Brady-led team over any with the game on the line. If you think this is bad, maybe get in the time machine and go back to the Rod Rust, Hugh Millen days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: will the real pats fans please stand up

amen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I'm here....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Can you see me, I'm the TALL one!!

You can be a Pats fan and criticize the team's efforts, but, to turn around and say the season is lost after two games, is not showing faith in the team.  Look back at the SB years, the Pats never really started out strong and finished great.  There are too many here who were spoiled by what happened in 2007, a year that may never be repeated in NFL history for a single team.  Some fans need to take those "rose colored" glasses off and see the reality of the NFL today.  Look who lost yesterday!  Think Pats fans are the only ones crying?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: will the real pats fans please stand up:
    You're seeing the real Pats now.  They're glory days are over.  They are mediocre at best.  They did best when they were cheating!
    Posted by ragingsea

Thanks, Leon, TROLL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

I think a real Pat's fan expect more then what BB has delivered so far.

Pretty interesting article on the weei website

http://thanksforplaying.weei.com/general/bradys-acl-to-blame-for-pats-bad-day/

If this is the case this should not be news to BB. He should have at least put together a kick AQQ running game but has this run by committee group that can't get the job done. Or he should have a kick AQQ defense with a pass rushing stud.
    Meanwhile BB is saving up his draft picks for what.........Oh, I know, the future.
    Looks like a long season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

14 more games to go... and I'm with you.. I remember all too well, starting out the season at Bills losing 31-0..
    If I remember correctly, everyone reacted like chicken little after that game, it was the year we let Lawyer Milloy go... and we couldn't believe BB had done this to our team!

We wound up finishing the season against the Bills at home winning, 31-0.
    We also won the SuperBowl that year..

Not saying history will repeat, however, waaaay too early to be over reacting. Does the team have areas to improve. YES.... but they are my beloved Patriots, and I will be a fan always.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

In Response to will the real pats fans please stand up:
    Can't believe what a bunch of fair-weather fans a lot of you are, including Dan Shaughnessy. Actually I'm not surprised by him. 1 loss folks. By 7 points. On the road. Brady's second game back from major injury. Lots of new personnel. Remember the year they lost 30-0 on opening day to the Bills and went on to win the Super Bowl? I'll stand by this team no matter what, and I will take a Brady-led team over any with the game on the line. If you think this is bad, maybe get in the time machine and go back to the Rod Rust, Hugh Millen days.
    Posted by mello71

Exactly. Hey, the Jets said this was their Superbowl so let them have it. That means their season is over now, and the Pat's is just beginning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

You're seeing the real Pats now.  They're glory days are over.  They are mediocre at best.  They did best when they were cheating!
    Posted by ragingsea

Thats funny because if i remember correctly, the season they started not filming they went 16-0, and then the next season without their starting QB they went 11-5

The glory days are not over, Brady just needs to get into a groove with his new offensive coordinator. The red zone play calliing has been horrible, and thats the real issue here. those 3 field goals would have been touchdowns last year with McDaniels. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

It's one loss that we lost by seven. I still think we will win the division, but let's say we are tied with the Jets at the end of the year. The Jets won by 7 points against us, and when they come up to Foxborough I believe we will win that game by more then seven. That's even saying that we have the same division record at the end of the year.
      A few opinions about the game, we only aloud 16 points against the Jets without or best defensive players. We where without our best slot receiver in Wes Welker. Which you need against a blitz team like the Jets. This is what Brady's second full game in two years. I give the Jets credit their defense played great like last week, but when you blitz like they do it leaves holes and BB will find those holes next game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Posted by mello71

I'm not worried about this season at all.  The Pats will still win the AFC.   The Jets aren't that good, they're just lucky they got to play this team on week two.

Funny, this board is full of trolls talking about how the Dynasty is over and the Pats are in decline.   But they're very presence here demonstrates that the Pats are still the team to beat, otherwise, nobody would care about what they do.

For instance,  Drew Breese throws 6 touchdown passes on week 1.   Are people on the New Orleans message boards calling the coach a jerk for running up the score?     No.    Nobody cares about The Saints.  

If Brady came back and threw 6 TD's in week one, that's a different story however.   

Mangini accused the Pats of cheating when he was the one who was cheating. 

Trolls don't get that their very presence on this board proves that the Pats are still a good team and it proves that they are still threatened by them.   

So thank you Trolls.    Have fun watching Tom Brady in January, because he will still be playing.   Your teams on the other hand,  will not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Posted by mello71

amen to that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

They lose to the Jets and struggle against Buffalo.  Just watch them buckle when they have to face a good team.  If only they could find another way to cheat their way into the playoffs!
    Posted by ragingsea

I do believe you are functionally retarded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

I have been a Patriots fan since 1975 when I moved to CT. I now live in Delaware but still follow them via the internet and cable television more than ever. I remember the bad years and the really bad years the coaches who came and went and the many players who gave it there all. I remember how good it felt going into work with a win or the  "we'll get them next time" attitude when we didn't. Either way I root for my team because I love the game and I can appriciate the effort they give. I also dont think any lose can be as hard as the end of the 07 season. This team like any other in football will have its ups and downs but its up tho the fans to give its support whatever the final score is in any game. With that in mind I love to play armchair quarterback by reading all I can on the internet and choose what to ignore or what I believe is valid. I'm already trying to figure out how to slow down the Falcans offense,,,,

Go Pats

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2nj. Show boston2nj's posts

I agree Mello! It is amazing how spoiled we as Pats fans have become and when they have a bad day, some fans are ready to dismantle the team. I would rather see that performance against the Jets in Week 2 than in Week 14,15 or 16.

A few things to add:

Brady is human. He missed an entire season, regardless of his skill he is going to take some time to get back into the rythm.

The Pats were overhauled this offseason: Mcdaniels, Pioli, Vrabel etc... So many holes need to be filled and despite all the holes, they only lost to the Jets by a TD, and were able to rally against the Bills. I am not making excuses, but it is no longer the Pats division by default. Teams have become more competitive, I am not sure the Jets can keep up the momentum, but the the second half proved Sanchez can play. I think the Bills have improved their running game, and Miami always remains a question mark, yet plays the Pats tough.

I am optimistic by week 4 or 5 we will see a completely different Pats team. The D clicked a whole lot better yesterday, once Tom gets his groove back we should see some dominating wins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i'm here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Brady will take some time to get rolling.  The defense is in transition a bit and lost arguably its best player for a few months.  People need to calm the fcuk down.  It's week two, let's see where we are in week 10.  Like I said last week, if the Jets win their superbowl then they still have 14 more to go.  

I hope people don't overract to things in real life like they do when the Pats or Red Sox lose a game.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spagackle. Show Spagackle's posts

In Response to will the real pats fans please stand up : Exactly. Hey, the Jets said this was their Superbowl so let them have it. That means their season is over now, and the Pat's is just beginning.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234

I agree 100%. It's game 2. Lots of new faces on this team so lets give them some time to mesh as a unit. This team got younger and faster. I have been real pleased with the defense, now we just need to get the offense rolling and we will be in good shape. I am one to believe that a loss can be a good thing and add some fire the team as a whole. Lets see where they are at game 8. we will know then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Posted by mello71

Mello... good post... see my "this is for the best" post.... all these naysayers jumped on the bandwagon in 2001.... time for them to get off

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

I guess most here had better sit down,for you are no better then the real posters that are here.I guess after you pitched your fits and cussed out brady and the pats.you feel better by saying all these ridiculous pick me up speeches.time is something they dont have.even though there record reads 1-1.they are playing like a 0-2 team,and should be.
    Posted by sorelosers

This post is incomprehensible. Try again.

On 2nd thought, don't bother. Whatever you have to say isn't worth the time it takes to read.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

ive been a fan since the 70,s,and i can tell you this team needs a lot of work,and time they dont have.am i quitting on them?no im not,but i have the right to point out what is wrong when i want.ive earned that right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: will the real pats fans please stand up : And who was the Division Champ that year? The Miami Dolphins. The Pats count on one player way too much! They were busted cheating on the Jets.  One can only imagine all the cheating that went on before they got caught!
    Posted by ragingsea

Which team do you root for again raginsea? Or are you just a troll?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Posted by mello71

Personally, I don't believe that your frosting is making the spoiled cake taste any better.  The Pats looked bad in BOTH games; are luck to win one of them.  QUite frankly, last year's team looked a lot better than this lot has performed, to date.

Are you doing the right thing by patronising a team that is playing poorly?  Perhaps, they need to know that they are going the wrong way.  However, they might never know, if everyone is telling them how great they are.  This team hasn't won a thing- period.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatsfan2. Show ncpatsfan2's posts

ChasaB,
              I think you nailed it. For all the talk of subtractions/losses to the team (with new additions) nobody seems to be mentioning the loss of our very good offensive coordinator in Josh McD. The play calling has not been original at all; they seem to be doing the stuff that USED to work instead of any real new plays.
    It makes Brady even look unBradylike on the sideline, like he's beaten already.

And give Fred Taylor the rock!!

In Response to Re: will the real pats fans please stand up : Thats funny because if i remember correctly, the season they started not filming they went 16-0, and then the next season without their starting QB they went 11-5 The glory days are not over, Brady just needs to get into a groove with his new offensive coordinator. The red zone play calliing has been horrible, and thats the real issue here. those 3 field goals would have been touchdowns last year with McDaniels. 
    Posted by ChasaB

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think that the non-leon posters on here all understand that the pats are in a bit of transition right now and there is no need to sound the alarms just yet. new defense, new coaches, injured players, brady still working his way back. there are a lot of factors. all of the negativity on here is annoying and tired, but these yahoos are spurred on by the negative boston press, especially hacks like Shaughnessy and borges, and the crackpots on WEEI. and now that the redsox are playing well they have nothing to complain about there. like i said in a previous post, there should be a pats history quiz before they let people post on here. and why can't the moderators do something about leon??? they are so busy looking for the slightest naughty word or hilarious nickname for sanchez, meanwhile our board is getting infested.

Sections
Shortcuts