will the real pats fans please stand up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: will the real pats fans please stand up

I'm not going anywhere...I'm staying a Pats fan....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: will the real pats fans please stand up:
    [QUOTE]You're seeing the real Pats now.  Their glory days are over.  They are mediocre at best.  They did best when they were cheating!
    Posted by ragingsea[/QUOTE]

I often say that if it weren't for idiots, there would be no smart people.  We'd all be just average.  Thank you for making me look smart.  That's not easy but you did a fine job anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will the real pats fans please stand up : I often say that if it weren't for idiots, there would be no smart people.  We'd all be just average.  Thank you for making me look smart.  That's not easy but you did a fine job anyway.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Always remember that 50% of the people you meet are below average.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Where do these people come from? I can't believe that most of these people are really fans who watch the New England Patriots. Seriously I don't believe them! I think they are people who must not have anything better to do then log onto a Boston forum and post ignorant statements which are backed up by 1 PATRIOT LOSS. Tom Brady wins 21 starts in a row in the regular season and now we are terrible because he lost one? The thing people will say out of desperation are just out right hilarious.

We all know the team has work to do but that is what the Patriots do. They work harder then most if not all teams in today's NFL. They have young talented players, a Hall of Fame coach and Hall of fame QB. I'll take these credentials over any one hit wonder!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I've been here the whole time - started going to Patriots games in 1992, or almost as soon as I could walk (I was born 11/30/1988).

Sad to say, I'm willing to bet the 34 of us are the only ones who cheer at Patriots games...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

So we lost…at least we can eliminate the 16-0 topic…but there is no sparkle in our team anymore. Tom looks very worried, Randy looks very regular, Maroney…I prefer not to look at him…and most of all, our defense looks like we have less players on the field. I know that 2007 season was a fluke, but there is no life in our game, no authority, no spirit.

If we continue like this, Pats can enter bye week with 1-6 record…or 6-1…but they can’t play all games waiting for “gifts” or desperate game winning drives…

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daveydawg. Show Daveydawg's posts

exactly... i'm here too.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The New England Patriots my team win, lose or draw.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Basketball is around the corner

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I'm here, but I am also not blinded by the 3 shiny rings.

The play calling stinks, the defense is suddenly inexperienced and I haven't seen a single half-time adjustment so far this season.

It's not too late to turn it around, by any stretch, but please don't question someone's integrity as a fan, because they can judge their team impartially. This team has looked soft and disjointed so far, but I have faith.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Everyone has the right to their opinion. Question Belichick, Brady, whoever else you want to. I don't know who was calling the plays against the Jets (if anyone was) but I thought it was really bad. Right now after two games they are not where we expected them to be. But to start saying the dynasty is over, we are just playing out the string.....is insane. Playing out the string???? Fourteen games!!! Remember how we couldn't wait for the season to start with our offense and questioning how our defense would be? Well, our offense WILL get it going. Our defense right now is better than our defense at this time last year. I don't know how anyone can quit on this team. But if you do, that's certainly your prerogative. I'm sure you will be back in a few weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLuvstheMods. Show LeonLuvstheMods's posts

Everybody SIT THE "F" DOWN!

LOl at ALL of you! The very worst fan base in All of sports is trying to back pedal away from everything that they said this week!

let me remind you that it's only Tuesday!
    Oh How I love to hate you people!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I've been a Pats fan since moving to Boston in the mid 80's. I was so impressed with the team during their 85 superbowl run when they went on the road and won three straight during the playoffs. I didn't think they would beat the Bears, but I rooted for them anyways. 

Then I followed them through the long drought -  you recall (not in order I'm sure), Lisa what's-her-name and the flashing incident, the drug scandal, Victor Kiam, Rod Rust, Ray "I won't play Doug Flutie in the playoffs because he crossed the picket line during the strike, and therefore I will doom any chance we have in the playoffs" Berry... 

Then things started to move in the right direction, although with a few bizarre, twists - Parcells came to town, and made the team competitive - then deserted the team on superbowl eve (!), Robert Kraft (finally a competent owner and organization), Pete "the handsome cheerleader" Carroll - nice guy, great college coach... and at last, a serious and original football mind in Bill Belichick to match a serious and professional organization. Add in many memorable fine, talented and intelligent players (Vincent Brown, Sam Gash, Troy, - too many to mention), and viola - overnight success:)

We are so lucky as fans to have the best and deepest organization and business framework in the NFL - it has enabled the team to survive myriad personnel changes on and off the field, year after year, without missing too many beats; changes that would have decimated lesser organizations. 

Someday, Brady will retire, and probably be replaced with a servicable, but probably not brilliant new QB, Belichick will have to retool to win with defense instead of offense, Bob Kraft will let his kids run the team, and the team will fall back into 7-9 mediocrity for a few years - decline is inevitable. I will root for them then too, and optimistically wait for the pieces to fall into place for another rise sometime in the future.

As long as I live, I will never forget the season the Pats won their first superbowl - it was a magical, storybook year, and really, I wish that every fan of every team could experience something like that with their favorite team. 

We Pats fans have been so fortunate for so long, that I can't get too upset over the tough losses. It wasn't so long ago we were 1 - 15.

Apologies for the long rambling post - short version - I'm still on board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Barking at the coach or the quarterback (or whomever) when the team doesn't play well does not make you a bandwagon fan, any more than being old makes you a "real" fan -- whatever that is.

The reason you see so many people who aren't really fans here is because of the nature of the forum. It's easy to come on here and spout nonsense without fear of ever having to stand behind your opinion with anything more dangerous than deeper bullsh*t. Harken back to last season, when many of the posters I see here today were astonished and, in some cases -- outraged that Matt Cassel had actually made the 53-man roster. Flash forward five months and a certain number of those people were actually seriously entertaining the notion that the Pats should extend Cassel and trade Tom Brady.

F*cking brilliant.

And they're still here, some of them. Spouting off about standing up and sitting down and who's a real fan and who's not and the whole thing is pretty amusing for those of us (and I suspect this number is quite a bit fewer in real life than many claim) who have been at this -- and true to it -- since long before the stadium was named for a bad beer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE] the whole thing is pretty amusing for those of us (and I suspect this number is quite a bit fewer in real life than many claim) who have been at this -- and true to it -- since long before the stadium was named for a bad beer.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that! Thanks Prairie Mike!