Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins

They went to the playoffs last year without contributions from those unproven players.  The game plans go both ways, the Pats offense will have a gameplan also. 

If you choose to assume that none of the Pats newer players will make any contrubutions than I wouldn't say you are a realist, you are a pessimist.  Odds are at least some will contribute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I wonder what your opinion was going into last year?  We had far more questions going into last year than this one.  I would have to agree with shenanigan.  Your statements are  pessimistic in nature, not a note of realism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins:
    [QUOTE]They went to the playoffs last year without contributions from those unproven players.  The game plans go both ways, the Pats offense will have a gameplan also.  If you choose to assume that none of the Pats newer players will make any contrubutions than I wouldn't say you are a realist, you are a pessimist.  Odds are at least some will contribute.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I said when they have to follow a game plan...  how the playoff game work last year

last yr results

Beat Bills Twice Tampa Titians with K Collins Split wit Jets and Phins

Beat no one of significant after the BYE wk 8

tougher sch this year

so those players did not contribue much last year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder what your opinion was going into last year?  We had far more questions going into last year than this one.  I would have to agree with shenanigan.  Your statements are  pessimistic in nature, not a note of realism.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

same as this year nothing to get excited about  middle of the leauge team may make playoff may not if they do one and done....  they don't have the talent for anything more

they are now in the pack of 8-8 to 10-6 win teams  they better keep their 1st round picks so they can draft impact players instead of the so so players they are drafting now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They showed up for New Orleans and the defense showed up for Atlanta's offense.  Those were good teams. 

There might be a number of reasons that the offense and defense didn't show up for the Saint Louis Rams. 

--Cincinnati, the Jets and Miami are coming up fast and BB wants to beat them for real, none of this lets pretend business.  So overprepare for them.

--It's time to protect the starters.  Let the scrubs get injured.

--It's time to test all sorts of unusual problems.  On fourth and 1 foot on the 50 yard line, it's not gut check time at all, which would be the regular season percentage play.  Instead, it's time to see if Zoltan can drop the punt on the 4 yard line, which he did. 

--In another unusual coaching move, it was time to see if big fat run-stopper Ron Brace can get a sack.  He did.

--Finally it's a good time to ask players to eat some humble pie, without having to look at a big L on the standings.

So no, nobody showed up against the Rams.  I doubt that this is typical.

14-2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

DBCoach..  so, in a nutshell, you have basically dissed the Patriots braintrust in selecting players who do not make the grade, in your opinion?  I seem to recall the Patriots of the early part of the last decade were young, too, at one time.  If there is one thing we can say about the young players from last season, where is their fire?  Passion to win at all costs?  We didn't see that.  Will we this year? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins:
    [QUOTE]Here is the problem for all the Rose Colored Pats Fan… I am   fan just a realistic fan. I’m a NFL fan first so I follow the league not just the Pats   The issue as I see it is the young players Brace, Hernandez, Gronk, Mcourty, Tate, Akin, Spikes, Chung   and the list goes on is that while they looked great in college, shorts and T-shirt, in practice and practice games(preseason)   how many are going to show up for 60 mins for 16 or more games. When Teams are game planning and they have to follow a game plan.   Example Maybe Gronk as good as he looks will show tendencies that teams will use to shut him down cause he is a rookie and this aint college   When the games are for real and one play, by one of these many players can cost a game.   IMO the Pats need to many unproven players to play at a high level for them to have a good season
    Posted by DBCoach[/QUOTE]
    =====================================================
      Well since you`re an NFL fan why don`t you just go jump on the Jets bandwadon?
       Most of us do look through your so called "rose colored glasses" except that we prefer to call it optimism going into the new season.
       If you have a problem with that,well go tell mommy that those mean old Patriots fans are picking on you and i`m sure that she will go out and buy you a brand new "Revis" jersey and helmet.
       Now stop your whinning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins:
    [QUOTE]Here is the problem for all the Rose Colored Pats Fan… I am   fan just a realistic fan. I’m a NFL fan first so I follow the league not just the Pats   Posted by DBCoach[/QUOTE]

well go to the NFL fan board then, this is for diehard Patriots fans first

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Diehard and biased are completely different things...

If I could add my two cents ....

Got to wait n' see...  That's unfortunately all we can do till week 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

When the games are for real and one play, by one of these many players can cost a game. 

One of those same players you just listed can also win them a game or two or many.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

[QUOTE]DBCoach..  so, in a nutshell, you have basically dissed the Patriots braintrust in selecting players who do not make the grade, in your opinion?  I seem to recall the Patriots of the early part of the last decade were young, too, at one time.  If there is one thing we can say about the young players from last season, where is their fire?  Passion to win at all costs?  We didn't see that.  Will we this year? 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

yes they have drafted poorly the past 3 years or so go take a look...  very few impact players for all the picks they had  I'd rather have a few high 1st rd picks instead of a bunch of 3rd and 4th rd picks ....thats just me

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins : yes they have drafted poorly the past 3 years or so go take a look...  very few impact players for all the picks they had  I'd rather have a few high 1st rd picks instead of a bunch of 3rd and 4th rd picks ....thats just me

Well technically it was a bunch of high second round picks, but I see your point.  I think the problem is more in regards with the lack of signing free-agents, but you should also consider that BB is building this team for the long haul and that is done through the draft.  I know TB is running out, but this team will be a powerhouse in 2 years.  Until then we will employ a colt like stradegy and try n' beat team's with clock management and high powered offense.  If we get into the playoff's anything can happen.  You got to realize these rookies that have not shown you much are coming into their second and first years so give it a year or two. 

Play the wait n' see game for a little...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

DB I would really want to go to a game with you.............not!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins : Well technically it was a bunch of high second round picks, but I see your point.  I think the problem is more in regards with the lack of signing free-agents, but you should also consider that BB is building this team for the long haul and that is done through the draft.  I know TB is running out, but this team will be a powerhouse in 2 years.  Until then we will employ a colt like stradegy and try n' beat team's with clock management and high powered offense.  If we get into the playoff's anything can happen.  You got to realize these rookies that have not shown you much are coming into their second and first years so give it a year or two.  Play the wait n' see game for a little...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

yeah is possible on the Defensive side...   now in 2 years the offense will be old.. Moss to old..  RB's  to old as some veteran O linemen  they needed to hit on the draft the past couple yrs on D with impact players  other than Mayo..  there are none there are too many players that need developing on this D..  all the young DB;s linemen safties ... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins : yes they have drafted poorly the past 3 years or so go take a look...  very few impact players for all the picks they had  I'd rather have a few high 1st rd picks instead of a bunch of 3rd and 4th rd picks ....thats just me

This may have more to do with trying to get a player on the cheap who can blossom versus getting a name player demanding high $$$.  What they saw in college highlight tapes did not always translate well to the pro gridiron.  A Tom Brady is a rare find and they are hoping they catch such lightning in a bottle with the way they draft?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

DB, I find your "realism" a little shy.

The true elite talent of any draft is going to be in the top 15 picks.  Teams that have not been there in a while like NE will suffer.  Teams like SD and Indy have been picking in the 20s for a while now are starting to show a talent drain.  You have to be real, real good to stay on top.  It's almost like you would want your team to crater every five years or so just to get that top pick so you can land that impact player.  

Round two picks are in general good players but they do lack something in their game.  Some measurable or personality trait.  Every once in a while a team will end up with a Brady, Saturday or Ratliff.  But it is truly rare.  These 2nd rounders need time to see if they make it or not.  And so it goes for the same down the line.  What I get out of the Pats draft is they try to get people that they can coach up.  That does take some time and some times it doesn't work out at all.  But that is what you get with later round picks.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

DB Coach, you are on point!!!  How amny "trade down for value" picks do we have who have not distinguished themselves?  We face a year without Mankins and Kazur, but does anyone comment on how we had a gift - Mike Oher of Ole Miss - fall to us yet BB traded out to let the Ravens draft him and we got Pat Chung as the high-second round value pick.  See what Oher and Ravens did to Jerod Mayo and Big Vince and comp in that playoff gaem last year.  We have 2 first's and two seconds next year and I think we should use the seconds to trade up and get at least one top 10 player at DE or OLT.  No more basement shopping for discounts, Mr Kraft and BB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will They show Up When The Lights Stay on For 60 Mins : yeah is possible on the Defensive side...   now in 2 years the offense will be old.. Moss to old..  RB's  to old as some veteran O linemen  they needed to hit on the draft the past couple yrs on D with impact players  other than Mayo..  there are none there are too many players that need developing on this D..  all the young DB;s linemen safties ... 

Whoooaaaa....

Look our offense will always be good enough, and with two first round draft picks coming up I think we find our RB for the future...  I think our TE position is solid, and we can draft a blocking TE late this year if we want too.  As far as Moss... I aint worried.  We got Tate, Price, Welker Edleman, so really this is good enough especially with our TE's now more ion the fold.  So next year draft a RB, and a couple od line man for both sides of the ball.  Plus I think we will see some free agent acquisitions this time around.  We kept who wew anted this year, and now we will look to retool.  I think your stressing too much about future vs. our issues now, and once again, we should just wait n' see what happens week 1 against elite WR's. 

This entire team will be stacked in 2 years, no doubt in my mind.   Believe that.

19. This post has been removed.