Will Vereen Have Same Impact on Offense as Gronk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Will Vereen Have Same Impact on Offense as Gronk?

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What has Vereen done in the NFL to warrant those kind of expectations from him? Comparing his impact to Gronks is silly.

He has had a few solid games,  thats about it!  In fact he hasnt lived up to his 2nd round draft status!

He had 250 rushing and 8 receptions for 150 yards   during the entire 2012 season! 

Jeez, people really need stop being such homers and take the blinders off. 

He is no Darren Sproles,  he is not even close to Danny Woodhead.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPp03MRAhso

His ability to decisively hit the hole and quickly hit his high gear is extremely impressive.  Those numbers you mentioned weren't indicative of Vereen, but rather our reliance of two tight end packages and game planning.  With Hernandez getting most of the 3rd down feeds, Vereen was often overlooked.  I think if it wasn't for the fact that he broke his wrist after having a monster game 1, you would most certainly would be comparing to him to players like Darren Sproles. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

He'll certainly have a positive effect but not a Gronk effect.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If he stays healthy I think he'll open up some of the deep stuff that has been lacking because the guy can catch the ball most anywhere on the field. I don't think he can impact a game like Gronk can - Gronk is maybe the most dangerous weapon in the NFL...guy can't be covered - Vareen is a nice talent who is injured all the time. Big difference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gronk has 40 tds in like 40 something games. The real question here should be, "does anybody in the NFL have the same impact as Gronk"?

Sections
Shortcuts