Will we get a rookie FA like Guyton/Woods or Freddie Roach/Antoine Womack for 2009?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Will we get a rookie FA like Guyton/Woods or Freddie Roach/Antoine Womack for 2009?

It seems like every year Reiss or others on this board will get high on some undrafted FA. Sometimes the prediction is right on (Woods, Guyton, BenJarvus) and sometimes its way off (Roach, Womack). 

So what will it be this year? I thought Appleby would be the guy, but since he's gone, who is the rookie FA to watch and will he be a Gary or a Freddie?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: Will we get a rookie FA like Guyton/Woods or Freddie Roach/Antoine Womack for 2009?

I think it's going to be a real tough year for free agent rookies to make this club.  With all the talented vets and 12 picks from the draft we're looking at a full house.

With that said, I think they could get up to 8 guys (optimistically) that make contributions and two or three studs.  If that happens this will have gone down as the best draft in Patriots history.  I don't want to get ahead of myself but imagine if, in the second round, you were able to pick up future Rodney Harrison, Ty Warren, Asante Samuel and Matt Light...in the second round alone!  That's a best case scenario but for 12 picks it's not unthinkable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Will we get a rookie FA like Guyton/Woods or Freddie Roach/Antoine Womack for 2009?

They really don't have many UDFA's left except the Wrestler from Kent State Jermail Porter and the 2 wr's Tyree Barnes and Shun White from Navy as well as Kettani RB also from the Naval Acadamy,maybe Jamar Love the rookie DB from Arkansas makes an impact on special teams or maybe the WR from Nebraska Terrance Nunn,but the one who has the best chance of sticking is probably Hoyer the QB from Michigan State...Porter might wind up on the practice squad....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Marcus McClinton, S from Kentucky.  Good size and production in college. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

[QUOTE]Marcus McClinton, S from Kentucky.  Good size and production in college. 
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

I agree with this idea of it being a defensive back, but I think Jamar Love has just as good a chance. Either way, if the Pats took aboard an extra DB I wouldn't be opposed. There is a lot of youth at safety already and if we can't infuse a veteran, I would like to see some sort of rotation to keep them fresh.

Sections
Shortcuts