Will whiners stop complaining if Pats win Super Bowl?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Will whiners stop complaining if Pats win Super Bowl?

Or will they groan and moan that the score was too close, too many drives stalled because they didn't run the ball enough, the pass rush didn't have enough pass rush, and surely there is no way they could ever win another Super Bowl with this playcalling, this defense, this lack of playmakers, and this lack of attitude, aggression and swagger?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Will whiners stop complaining if Pats win Super Bowl?

Fran Drescher is a Giants fan, no?

"Moiy GYYYYYants.  Day WHOSTTTT. WAAAAAAAAHHHHH.  WAHHHHHHH."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No, sounding foolish has never stopped them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

NO.  Search your feelings.  You KNOW it to be true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

I say NO! they will whine and moan and use this lines

1-Refs blew it
    2-They were cheating
    3-Goodell wants the League Poster boy to win it
    4-The comish wanted the NFL to Honor great folks and MHK was one so they had to let then win
    5-the scoreboard operator put the wrong down and Eli got confuse

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Until August........then I want another one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

THE biggest whiner on this board whining about the whiners. How ironic, but not surprising.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Yes.  What you call "whining" is the natural expression of concern about the weaknesses of this team.  Of course a blind homer refuses to see those weaknesses.

Around midseason, after a win in which the defense showed that it was terrible, I said that unless Chung and Spikes make a major difference when they return, this team is one and done.  Was that whining or expression of concern about the state of the defense, and that we simply could not win in the playoffs unless something happened?

Of course, something did happen once they came back.  Now we are in the Super Bowl.  Am I still concerned about the defense?  Of course I am, but I think it has come a long way, and I think it is enough so that we will on Sunday.

So, stop your whining about "whiners".  Understand that there are many realists out there in the Pats fan base.  I happen to be one of them and refuse to put on the blinders that "the Pats can do no wrong".  If that is what you want, then you are in a sorry state, indeed.

So, Go Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Well said sheldong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertebishop. Show robertebishop's posts

The complaining will likely begin again around draft time. Lot's of GM's and coaches on this board. I say just enjoy what we have, because like everything else in life it ain't gonna last forever. The last 10 years has been something special.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Will whiners stop complaining if Pats win Super Bowl?:
    Yes.  What you call "whining" is the natural expression of concern about the weaknesses of this team.  Of course a blind homer refuses to see those weaknesses. Around midseason, after a win in which the defense showed that it was terrible, I said that unless Chung and Spikes make a major difference when they return, this team is one and done.  Was that whining or expression of concern about the state of the defense, and that we simply could not win in the playoffs unless something happened? Of course, something did happen once they came back.  Now we are in the Super Bowl.  Am I still concerned about the defense?  Of course I am, but I think it has come a long way, and I think it is enough so that we will on Sunday. So, stop your whining about "whiners".  Understand that there are many realists out there in the Pats fan base.  I happen to be one of them and refuse to put on the blinders that "the Pats can do no wrong".  If that is what you want, then you are in a sorry state, indeed. So, Go Pats.
    Posted by sheldong

Don't waste your breath trying to explain things to "The Mighty One". As you correctly stated above, he's a blind homer. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

27 - 5 the last two years, 3 days from being Super Bowl Champs and their still whining we didn't draft a Pass Rusher.  Well how did all those teams that drafted a pass rusher do?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

^^^^ This guy is hoping the Pats lose so he can criticize everyone on the roster in his stupid report cards.  He loves nothing more than to hate on the Pats.  He has an or***sm every time Brady throws an interception.
    Posted by mighty2012

Not just a homer, mighty, but a grand slam . . .  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

^^^^ This guy is hoping the Pats lose so he can criticize everyone on the roster in his stupid report cards.  He loves nothing more than to hate on the Pats.  He has an or***sm every time Brady throws an interception.
    Posted by mighty2012

Oh, now I know!  YOU were the guy out there that with 1:44 left, the Ravens had the ball on their 21, had no concerns whatsoever that the Pats would win. Yoiu had absolutely NO problems with Flacco moving them 65 yards in 9 plays. (Sorry, but don't even think about spouting that "garbage time" garbage.... it was only a 3 point lead.) The same Flacco that OUTPLAYED Brady all day long, BTW (perhaps you couldn't see that through your rose colored glasses?). And you were already on the phone to your travel agent or Hotwire, Travelocity, Kayak, or Uncle Bennie, making your travel arrangements for Indy, when Evans had the ball stripped by Moore, that castoff signed from several practice squads. Didn't matter, you KNEW that a guy who couldn't stick with other NFL teams was going to save the day by breaking up that pass, because that 20+ yrd catch and run by Boldin was, well, not going to matter at all. Then, the ultimate scene: you had every confidence that the FG was going to be a shank, as they were lining up for the kick. 

And none of this concerned you one little bit, because you KNEW that the Pats were going to win, no matter how they got shoved around with less then 2 minutes to go. You had no concerns at all. And, I suppose that, should things have gone awry and the Patriors lose the game, thet you'd be right back on this board claiming how great they played, especially with 1:44 left AND a 3 point lead with Brady being seriously outplayed. And that Moore did the best he could have done, especially seeing how he had just been signed off the practice squad, yada yada..... No "blaem, no "fault", just "reasoned excuses", right?? Gotta love those with the ability to see in the future and just KNOW that things will be OK. despite a recent track record of "almosts".

BTW, funny, but I don't recall hearing abiut a NE Patriot fan that continually wins $100m lotteries. What's up with that????

Sections
Shortcuts