Wilson overtakes Chung on depth chart?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Wilson overtakes Chung on depth chart?

May have been more game plan related, but Chung wasn't on the field much at all yesterday.  Noticed a coach talking to him on the sideline for long periods during the game, which I thought was odd.  

Thought Wilson did a nice job when he was in. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Wilson overtakes Chung on depth chart?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

May have been more game plan related, but Chung wasn't on the field much at all yesterday.  Noticed a coach talking to him on the sideline for long periods during the game, which I thought was odd.  

Thought Wilson did a nice job when he was in. 

chung has seen hsi last days in foxboro

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

He seriously might be battling an injury and BB wants to see what Wilson looks like now at the end of the year, for evaluation purposes.

It's highly likely they move on from Chung, IMO. 

Sorry, your boy has been demoted. He plays ALL special teams so nothing is wrong. I told you last week that Wilson will be covering their TE and you said Chung. I win!  nananananaaaaaa

lol, seriously tho, I like chung better in a supporting role coming in to help in the run game. He will be on the field next week. Gregory showed some solid taclking and I would assume his experience is allowing him to play in front of Chung but Chung is gonna make a play on special teams I feel it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He seriously might be battling an injury and BB wants to see what Wilson looks like now at the end of the year, for evaluation purposes.

It's highly likely they move on from Chung, IMO. 

Maybe he's still hurt  . . . I thought it was interesting how much time the coach was spending with him, though, given that he wasn't playing. Is it possible he's still not understanding his responsibilities?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

On an unrelated note Gregory is playing a lot better now than he was earlier this year imo.  Perhaps some more time in the system and DMC to safety has helped.  I think he is also healthy which was a problem before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

But yeah Wilson displayed some nice cover skills last night.  I still have high hopes for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wilson covers better, but Chung is a better read. 

Chung will play more against running teams, Gregory and Wilson against passing teams. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Chung is on the way out of NE... Too bad i really like him, but injuries and that punt fake killed his mojo. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Chung doing a poor job in punt protection position, and was also the guy on the hands team on the muffed on side kick that Nink recovered.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

They don't call safeties the QB's of the secondary for no reason. DMC makes the difference in the secondary. He is disciplined in his angles and the CB's can rely on him. Taib and Dennard are that much better with a real safety playing behind them.

Oh and as Texas Pat has said, "It is picks like the Tavon Wilson pick that WILL PREVENT BB FROM GETTING THE ELUSIVE LOMBARDI NUMBER 4"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Well, Gregory saw the vast majority of the reps. 

Chung had 1 play.

Wilson 16. 

Gregory had 77 of 78 at S. 

DMC had 78 of 78.

When Wilson was on he was the third safety in big nickel. 

Like it or not (I think it's the best arrangment they've had in years) this is the group going forward .... barring injuries of course. 

S Devin McCourty --78 of 78 

CB Aquib Talib  -- 77 of 78 

CB Alfonzo Dennard --77 of 78 

S Steve Gregory -- 77 of 78 

NCB Arrington -- 35 of 78

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The jig is up on Chung, my only fear now is that when he is on the field (special teams) he will hurt us that way.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The secondary has actually become a strength, IMO.  I'd put Talib and Dennard up against any two starting CBs in the AFC right now.

Houston, Cincy, NYJs, etc.

Talib had a great game yesterday. Johnson had the most irrelevant 90 yards receiving I've ever seen.

Yeah, for the most part I thought they played really well. A lot of the passes that I saw looked like they were heavily contested, which is something we weren't seeing earlier this year. The only plays that looked glaringly bad to me was on that first possesion where the guy just dropped a sure touchdown and when Schaub over threw a wide open Johnson in the end zone. Other than that (and the 3rd and 18 that Arrington was covering) it was good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

As concerning as anything is Jacoby Jones returning kicks against the Pats kickoff team.  Hope Ghost kicks 'em deep. I would almost prefer they kick it to the upman and let them have it at the 30 or so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

wison overtook Chung week 6 or 7 but BB holds rookies back.... Part of his genius.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts