Win this one, and then what...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Win this one, and then what...

I could easily see us winning this game and losing to either the bears or packers. But even if that happens and the Jets win their final four games, we still have home field. Both of us being 13-3 and we own the tie breaker. The most important thing is to win out in the division (3 games left, dolphins, bills, jets). So if we win this game and then lose to either the bears and packers, we still get home field. 

(We own the tie breaker over the steelers and ravens)

I like our chances.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Win this one, and then what...

Yeah, we can't assume we have those games in the bag.  And the Jets can't assume they will beat Chicago and the Steelers.  Won't surprise me if both teams lose another game after Monday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Chicago and Green Bay both look like they're rolling right now. The Bears did need a little help from the refs today, but now that Jay Cutler has figured out that he will be more successful if he throws to the guys on his team, they look pretty dangerous. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

GB and Chicago are both NFC playoff teams looking to take a big win against a top tier AFC team. Their divisions are on the line, GB has a offense that could do plenty of damage and Chicago has a strong defense and a QB that can, sometimes, put up great numbers. It will be a test for the Patriots, but I can see them winning if they prepare and keep up their progress. They have proven they can beat great AFC teams, I don't see a reason we can't win a couple tough games against the NFC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

All true. On a good note since the Steelers beat the Ravens last night and now have a one game lead on them they will be highly motivated against the Jets who have a much easier December schedule than we do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Pretty much, both teams need to win out, starting tonight.  Evil's right, though; the Pats have a slightly tougher schedule than the Jets after tonight.

Pats by 10 tonight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Needless to say it's the most important game of the season. I've been looking forward to this since they lost to the Jets. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Win this one, and then what...:
    Pretty much, both teams need to win out, starting tonight.  Evil's right, though; the Pats have a slightly tougher schedule than the Jets after tonight. Pats by 10 tonight. 
    Posted by soups
    ...after tonite, the average win total for both teams' opponents is NYJ 6.5 and NE 6.25 so that doesn't sound "tougher" at all, but actually easier

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Bring on DA Bears!!  A big win tonite, especially if the D plays real well, can really galvanize the team for the balance of the season.  Even though the Pats will be a game up, they can't afford to slip up and BB will let them know that!

Sections
Shortcuts