Window's Closing Talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Window's Closing Talk

Let them talk......18-1  2010 Super Bowl Champion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk:
    Let them talk......18-1  2010 Super Bowl Champion.
    Posted by Tcal2

good luck with that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : I see you have taken the bait. Anyone who thinks you can replace that many quality defensive players overnight is irrational or dumb. And anyone who thinks missing your best WR (arguably) and having a QB with a broken rib and busted finger, and your other best WR with a separated shoulder, while rebuilding, is somehow a barometer for what they can do moving forward, quite frankly, is mentally disabled. Obtuse. Doesn't follow the cap era NFL. Might be mildly retarded. The window on the dynasty era closed in 2007 in SB 42. THAT is when it closed. That was that group's last run. They lost the game and that's that.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL.  Talk about backpeddling.  At least you have gotten the clue that in fact, the pats are no longer what they once were.  This has not been your position, but now you are owning it like it was your idea.  Obtuse, indeed.   

Further, please stop with the excusemaking re: Brady, Moss and Welker.  Nobody publicly knows the time frames of injuries for Brady or Moss, and that is how the pats want it.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : There wasn't a pro baseball league prior to MLB, as we know it now.  That is the point.  Pro ball wasn't organized until 1901. Cincy and Pittsburgh were not part of an organized league. The flagship organization, one that spawned MLB success with players like Cy Young, Tris Speaker, Babe Ruth, etc, was the Boston Red Sox. They won 5 WS titles in 15 years.   That's a fact and that is all I am saying.  You can stop acting like Boston is not arguably the most passionate and frenzied sports town in this country,  because it is.
    Posted by russgriswold

And yet with this vast knowledge, Rusty didn't know that the Boston area is substantially larger than the Indianapolis area, and apparently (due to his non-response) didn't realize that his beloved Larry Bird is an Indiana product. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

What do you consider the "Boston area", rubejob? Boston proper is 550,000 people. Indianapolis is likely the same. Boston is not a big city, nor is Indianapolis. If you want to start comparing New England to all of Indiana, then this discussion is over.  You lost this one before it started. Look, kid, you are flat out LUCKY to even have a pro sports franchise in that city. Period. It's a mickey mouse sports town and a hokey set of organizations there. I cannot even believe they think they can host a SB there either. What a disaster.
    Posted by russgriswold

Ha - namecalling again - I win!! right? 

I could care less about Boston proper.  If we were talking only about the cities themselves, then Boston couldn't claim the Pats.  They don't reside there, but don't let that stark reality get in the way of your shortsighted arguements.  In your limited mind, the Pats are more appropriately the product of Providence.  It's closer.  I'd get into the difference between cities and metropolitan areas, but you have clearly demonstrated that you don't have the capacity to handle this kind information, so it would be a waste of my time.  Just know you are wrong and be on your way.

As for Indy being lucky.  LOL.  You contradict even yourself.  Luck and hosting a Superbowl are contradictions in and of themselves.  The superbowl is the largest annual single sporting event in the country and possibly the world.  The powers that be, including one Bob Kraft, don't allow for "luck" when selecting a host for the superbowl.  They can't afford to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : It's "backpedal". No one is selling anything walking backwards, dummy. Please read a book before logging onto a computer.
    Posted by russgriswold

Nice ad hominem.  Further proving my point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : Boston doesn't have a 70,000 seat stadium in it because it can't take on that amount of people at once ascending into any one particular section of the city. If you had ever left your trailer or your barn where you have your sister held up, you'd understand this basic concept of city planning. Seek a GED.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL - It doesn't matter whether or not Boston can accomodate a stadium for the Pats.  The only thing that matters is that the Pats do not reside there though they once did.  By your own arguement, Bostonians cannot claim the pats as their team and have no professional football team.  In fact, that actually is so, right historian?  Weren't the Pats once called the Boston Patriots?  Did they take on the New England name when they left?  Maybe they didn't want to be associated with the likes of you.   

My trailer, my barn, my sister - +1 for originality.   

BTW - still no response from you on Larry Bird.  As a historian, I would have expected you to know.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : LOL - It doesn't matter whether or not Boston can accomodate a stadium for the Pats.  The only thing that matters is that the Pats do not reside there though they once did.  By your own arguement, Bostonians cannot claim the pats as their team and have no professional football team.  In fact, that actually is so, right historian?  Weren't the Pats once called the Boston Patriots?  Did they take on the New England name when they left?  Maybe they didn't want to be associated with the likes of you.    My trailer, my barn, my sister - +1 for originality.    BTW - still no response from you on Larry Bird.  As a historian, I would have expected you to know.   
    Posted by underdoggggg

I don't appreciate you Mocking me with this new screen name. Thank God I'm a forgiving Colts fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : Can't say I know them, but if they question your stupidity I like them already.  What is a troll?  Don't I need a bridge for that?  Who were those superstars again?  And why did so many need to get replaced at one time?
    Posted by PatStats

In his very small mind, all those who call him out are the same person, regardless of what team you root for.  If you throw facts in his face he runs and hides and refuses to back up his ridiculous statements. 
    In this case, he is likely referring to Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, Asante Samuel, Colvin, Seymour, Bruschi & Vrable.  The problem with his argument is this.  The players that actually made a difference, Samuel, Vrable, and Seymour were dumped.  The other guys, though good at one time were pretty awful in their last couple of years.  The truth is, too cheap to pay Asante and Seymour (at least Bill was smart enough to get something for him) dumped a great character guy in Vrable(and one of the only ones that was still close to probowl form) and he let all those other guys get old.  Rodney, Junior, Colvin, & Bruschi were years away from their great years.  Although Bill had done well getting the last drops out of players, he seems to hold on to them a bit too long instead of gradually upgrading.  Regardless of any of that, the Pats D actually got better from 08 to 09 when the bulok of those changeds were made.  The main difference was that the pass D was downright pitifull.  You have to think that paying Asante would have helped that quite a bit.  Now go back under your bridge, troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : I don't appreciate you Mocking me with this new screen name. Thank God I'm a forgiving Colts fan.
    Posted by underdogggg

I assumed that you were Leon, Bejesus, me and whoever else thinks griswold is a complete moron.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : Hi Troll!  Gee, you have so many accounts here.  Bejesus, Waldorff and now PatShats. Nice approach! The quality defensive players are pretty obvious, and it's VERY clear you do not follow the NFL, if you arent' aware who the players are who left this team since the 2007 and 2008 seasons. If you are going to troll, please work on your skill set. Thanks.
    Posted by russgriswold

There are a lot of Trolls out there Rusty. These guys are creating new screen names just to come after you. Hold your ground, it only takes 5 minutes to create a new profile. Look at al the new ones Underdog with 5G's now has to back himself up. You should create a couple more yourself just to even the score.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : And yet with this vast knowledge, Rusty didn't know that the Boston area is substantially larger than the Indianapolis area, and apparently (due to his non-response) didn't realize that his beloved Larry Bird is an Indiana product. 
    Posted by underdoggggg
    .....I have to give the all knowing Russ some props. he certainly has cajones. According to him if his beloved Boston had not had teams to play in professional baseball and baseketball, there would be no MLB or NBA. Gee thanks Boston. The entire fan base of professional baseball and basketball owe you and your "passionate/frenzied" fans a debt of gratitude....WHAT AN EFFIN LAUGH!!! He forgot to mention in his Celtics rant that a team from Minnesota (the Lakers) won 5 of the first 8 NBA championships. His team came around to win a few years later. I guess there was no passion for basketball during the Mineapolis years. And from all the name-calling he provides, he only makes himself out to be even more of an insecure person since that is what he said in a different thread. Name-calling = insecure. I nailed him a few weeks ago when he was comparing the Patriot market to the NY market. His quote (from 5/21) was "Boston has 600,000 people, NY 15 million proper." I guess he wants to only count the population of Boston but compare it to the NY Metropolitan area to make it look worse for his "poor little teams."  NYC's population is 8.3 mil. STILL  a big difference but he uses different parameters to measure fan base so I'm not surprised he tried the same bait and switch on the Indy area. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Window's Closing Talk:
    It's interesting that people are talking about how the window is closing on the patriots as championship contenders. Even with all the youth the patriots have, I can't think of one area of the team that i would expect not to improve. I guess the sober truth wouldnt generate as many mouse clicks and add revenue, but seriously... at what position do you expect less production? i can't think of one. on defense ILB- mayo uninjured addition of spikes and mackenzie. OLB- maybe cunningham wont be a difference maker year one but you have to think burgess and ninkovich will only improve S- another year of experience CB- butler will probably imporve and a first round pick DL- still the question at RDE but i think it is reasonable to expect improvement with the addition of lewis and warren and we have belichick taking a more hands on role.
    Posted by sirpinochle

to win you  need a top notch qb..so the speculation is that the window pertains to brady...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : LOL.  Talk about backpeddling.  At least you have gotten the clue that in fact, the pats are no longer what they once were.  This has not been your position, but now you are owning it like it was your idea.  Obtuse, indeed.    Further, please stop with the excusemaking re: Brady, Moss and Welker.  Nobody publicly knows the time frames of injuries for Brady or Moss, and that is how the pats want it.  
    Posted by underdoggggg

and hopefully you have gotten the clue that the dolts are still what they are and always will be...  ...suggestion  just make your next name...udg^6  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

jcour - tried 5G, it was taken.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : Hi Bejesus!  Welcome back! LOSER
    Posted by russgriswold

Loser?  Why so angry?  Did your mom ground you again?  Got to love those who can't compete with rational conversation.  I thought I was Leon.  Between your hate talk and conspiracy theories, I just can't keep it straight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : Loser?  Why so angry?  Did your mom ground you again?  Got to love those who can't compete with rational conversation.  I thought I was Leon.  Between your hate talk and conspiracy theories, I just can't keep it straight.
    Posted by waldorff

yeah, see the thing with crusty for me anyways, is that he posts like a 5 year old and is clearly a pats fan from 2001 and not a second sooner...

bandwagon fans are easy to point out and even easier to ridicule

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

jcour - tried 5G, it was taken.
    Posted by underdoggggg

why would there be someone trying to impersonate you?? or steal your proud moniker??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : yeah, see the thing with crusty for me anyways, is that he posts like a 5 year old and is clearly a pats fan from 2001 and not a second sooner... bandwagon fans are easy to point out and even easier to ridicule
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

if your referring to rusty ..his knowledge of boston sports seriously pedates 2001... i have read alot of his comments and his entries are usually spot on...
    and he is knowledgable about many other thngs not boston sports related..thats emperical evidence and experience based....he also knows more about trolls teams than some trolls that come here and post case in point jimmy42jack...he sat here and told you about yours and all you do is ridicule him...hmmmmmnnnn

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : why would there be someone trying to impersonate you?? or steal your proud moniker??
    Posted by pjmj430

ask 4g

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : LOL - It doesn't matter whether or not Boston can accomodate a stadium for the Pats.  The only thing that matters is that the Pats do not reside there though they once did.  By your own arguement, Bostonians cannot claim the pats as their team and have no professional football team.  In fact, that actually is so, right historian?  Weren't the Pats once called the Boston Patriots?  Did they take on the New England name when they left?  Maybe they didn't want to be associated with the likes of you.    My trailer, my barn, my sister - +1 for originality.    BTW - still no response from you on Larry Bird.  As a historian, I would have expected you to know.   
    Posted by underdoggggg

What are you getting at here?  Boston is inside Massachusets, which is inside New England.  So if I live in Indiana, but not Indianapolis who would I cheer for?  I guess Indiana has no team.  But if they change it to the Indiana Colts than Indianopolis and every city in Indiana has no team? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

In my opinion, the Patriots have rebuilt while staying on top. This is not an easy feat in the NFL. If some percent of the multitude of high draft picks become viable players then the Brady era has some light shining through and potential for another run.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Window's Closing Talk : if your referring to rusty ..his knowledge of boston sports seriously pedates 2001... i have read alot of his comments and his entries are usually spot on... and he is knowledgable about many other thngs not boston sports related..thats emperical evidence and experience based....he also knows more about trolls teams than some trolls that come here and post case in point jimmy42jack...he sat here and told you about yours and all you do is ridicule him...hmmmmmnnnn
    Posted by pjmj430

its not his knowledge of the game that i question...its how he posts on here, he posts like an immature little brat...i associate that kind of fan with a bandwagon fan...and lets face facts here people, most pats fans (not all of you and ive had many good discussions on a variety of topics with them) are bandwagoners

basically...crusty is so in love with his teams, he finds no fault with any of the teams and all the while bashing other teams or giving credit to those its not due...so if correcting his mistakes is trolling...then i guess ill just have to deal with being called a troll while i still dole out a sense of a reality

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Not true.  I have plenty to complain about.  What you don't get is, generally speaking, the owners in Boston have FINALLY stepped up and realized there is a lot of money to be made here when you commit to winning, and this started with Bob Kraft. He raised the bar. Bad news for jealous fans like yourself. Jeremy Jacobs has destroyed the progress of the Bruins for 30 years.  Last night, Ray Allen picked an awful time to lay eggs.  No excuses, but the reality is the reality. I do not care for Laurence Maroney, didn't like Ben Watson, feel Brandon Merriweather needs to work on his tackling approach, etc. I am particular plenty of times when disccussing my teams.  I also realize  how much WORSE this could be.  And I ain't taking the doom and gloom bait the media thrives on in order to sell newspapers.  You can do that, though. Enjoy. Your problem is, I truly appreciate, in the big picture, what I am witnessing right now with regards to Kraft, BB and Brady. It's absolutely legendary, and we are right in the middle of it. Your thing is, you think it's done and you are now entitled because you have pounded a gallon of Tuna juice down in Miami. That's your problem. Personally, I'd rather watch this, than that. I'd rather have BB and Brady than Saparano and Henne. Pretty simple.  And, Jets fans do the same thing.  Your jealous and deep down, you know it's not done. The problem with people like you is, you are insecure. And you do this on a PATS BOARD. So, do the math, kid.  This is our house. Don't come in here and try to talk down to Pats fans. It ain't gonna work. My family has had season tickets to the Pats since the late 70s.    I have seen plenty of awful,  some good and some absolute greatness. You want it and you are annoyed you don't have it and will likely never have it. Lastly, I also don't take the media bait. You do.  Again, your issue.
    Posted by russgriswold

well i agree with you that boston owners(in general) have stepped up their commitment

and im not here to talk gloom and doom...i have never said the pats are a 2 win team or anything ridiculous like that...i do think they have slipped from the quality of their super bowl years though and the results tell me im right

and no, i havent been sipping any "tuna juice"...but i do think that sparano is every bit the coach BB is(and before i get pummeled)...remember...this is only sparano's 3rd year as coach...BB was regularly having his teams getting their a.s.s handed to them in his 3rd year

and just stop with this jealousy angle, i like posting here, i get into alot of interesting discussions about a variety of topics...your angle here and being as consistently used as you use it, shows me that rather attacking the argument, you belittle the person in an attempt to make yourself feel superior...good luck with that because its a straw man's argument and anyone with a brain can see through it

and what is with the media bait? do you think everyone is against you and your pats? are you crazy? or just smoke really good weed? i hate the pats because they play in the AFC east, and thats just the way it is...ill hate them if they go 18-1 or hate them if they go 1-15...doesnt matter...im a pats racist and proud of it

Sections
Shortcuts