Winning ugly.... All that counts.. it is a WIN (Ask Seattle fans!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Winning ugly.... All that counts.. it is a WIN (Ask Seattle fans!)

Pats have done it quite a bit this year as we see from the nature of the comments here.  Winning ugly does not sit well with some folks here.  Speaking of winning ugly...  

You all see that ugly game the Seahawks had and still won last night?  Yes, it came against the Rams, I know.  Just goes to show every team is trying to win, pretty or not.  In the end, if the Pats keep grinding out the Ws, we can bemoan the lack of beauty these wins have, but, they are wins none the less.  Lets enjoy them because there are a few teams out there that lack a lot of Ws and one day we may be in that bucket!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Winning ugly.... All that counts.. it is a WIN (Ask Seattle fans!)

Clemons played well. That last play was bad. The WR never even looked for the ball. Too bad, I was rooting for the Rams. Seattle is still good but division games are tough as we found out the last 2 weeks. I keep saying this comp,. in the division is a good thing. No more cruising to a division title and going into playoffs untested. We may not go far in the playoffs but it wont be because we arent battle tested. It will likely be because we lost too much to injury. Everything is right on track if you ask me. 6-2 with a bad Steelers team coming up and then a much needed bye. They clean up the offense in the 2 weeks off. Scrap the bad plays. Get Vareen back. Things will start to turn our way

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I have a thought on this. I feel that if teams with the perception of being tough, gritty, and physical win ugly games, it's beautiful and a welcome sight. If the Patriots do it, we're suddenly struggling. If the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers or Seahawks win that game, it's a tough win and a gritty win. If the Patriots win like that, which we have all year, we get threads about finding someone who would give us two #1s for Brady.

I'll take the wins any way I can get them. No one remembers how many wins the Rams had in 2001. It didn't matter in the playoffs and didn't matter in the Super Bowl. Same with the Giants the past few years. They had enough to sneak in and that didn't mean those wins were any less significant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Seattle's offensive line is terrible.  Definitely their biggest weakness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel that if teams with the perception of being tough, gritty, and physical win ugly games, it's beautiful and a welcome sight. If the Patriots do it, we're suddenly struggling. If the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers or Seahawks win that game, it's a tough win and a gritty win. If the Patriots win like that, which we have all year, we get threads about finding someone who would give us two #1s for Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Sums it up pretty well.

Sections
Shortcuts